Windows 10: KB5001391: Unable to see News and Interests in Taskbar

Discus and support KB5001391: Unable to see News and Interests in Taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi,I recently updated my PC with KB 5001391 and after restarting, I am unable to see the "News and Interest" feature in the Taskbar. How do I enable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RajivIyer, Apr 30, 2021.

1. RajivIyer Win User

KB5001391: Unable to see News and Interests in Taskbar

Hi,I recently updated my PC with KB 5001391 and after restarting, I am unable to see the "News and Interest" feature in the Taskbar. How do I enable this feature?ThanksRajiv

:)

RajivIyer, Apr 30, 2021

2. taskbar tranparency

Hi Dan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will surely assist you with this.

I would suggest you to change the desktop themes and check if you are able to see the transparent taskbar.

If that doesn't help I would suggest you to end the explorer.exe and restart it and see if you are able to see the transparent taskbar.

Please follow the steps below to restart explorer.exe:

stop and start Explorer.exe

• Right click on the taskbar and select task manager.

• In the process Right click on windows explorer and end the task

• Restart the task by clicking on the file and select new task

• Type Explorer.exe and press enter.
    And see if it helps.

Do let us know the result. We will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Apr 30, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, Apr 30, 2021
  4. KB5001391: Unable to see News and Interests in Taskbar

Autohide taskbar not working

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

You may check increasing the size of the Taskbar by dragging it little bit upwards. Because sometimes, if the size of the Taskbar is small system won’t make changes.

I would suggest you to create a new User Account and check if that issues occurs in other account.

You can follow below steps to create new User Account.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.
    • Select Add an Account.
    • Enter a user name and hit Next.
    • Click on Finish.
    Hope this information is helpful, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thanks.

Mann_Manohar, Apr 30, 2021
Thema:

KB5001391: Unable to see News and Interests in Taskbar

1. KB5001391: Unable to see News and Interests in Taskbar - Similar Threads - KB5001391 Unable News

2. News and Interests in taskbar not auto updating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    News and Interests in taskbar not auto updating: I have to manually click the refresh button for anything to update. Very annoying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/news-and-interests-in-taskbar-not-auto-updating/066738ab-7770-4c91-afc9-7f82dc8e334f
  3. News and Interests in taskbar not auto updating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    News and Interests in taskbar not auto updating: I have to manually click the refresh button for anything to update. Very annoying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/news-and-interests-in-taskbar-not-auto-updating/066738ab-7770-4c91-afc9-7f82dc8e334f
  4. News and Interests Widget blank on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    News and Interests Widget blank on taskbar: I searched for this issue beforehand, but while others have had related issues, they did not seem to be quite the same. Also, the recommended fixes failed.My News and Interests Widget is blank, but only on the taskbar. It no longer shows any icon OR information, such at the...
  5. Taskbar News and Interests Microsoft News ignores interest settings

Taskbar News and Interests Microsoft News ignores interest settings: I turned off the News and Interests feature on my taskbar. Why? Because the only news I want to see popping up on my desktop is weather and technology, however, regardless of how I customize the news feed, it still displays national news, politics, and sports and whatnot....
  6. News and Interests on Taskbar

News and Interests on Taskbar: I would like for the News and Interests app to show local weather information on the Taskbar itself instead of just the icon. I have checked "Show icon and text" and "Open on hover." What else should I do?...
  7. News and Interests not showing weather on taskbar

News and Interests not showing weather on taskbar: When I display N&I i don't get the weather icon. I get the icon shown below. Clicking on this icon does bring up some feeds but the weather is not one of them. Is there something else I need to do to get the weather icon? I think when N&I first became available the weather...
  8. News and Interests on the taskbar

News and Interests on the taskbar: This feature just appeared on the taskbar about a 10 days ago and then disappeared after a bios update. Perhaps this is coincidental, but that is when I noticed it was gone and not in the menu for the taskbar. I have Windows 10 home 20H2 Build 19042.985 Also, KB5001391 is...
  9. KB5001391: Unable to see New and Interests in the Taskbar

KB5001391: Unable to see New and Interests in the Taskbar: Hi,I recently updated my PC with KB 5001391 and after restarting the computer I am unable to see the "News and Interest" feature in the Taskbar. How do I enable this feature?ThanksRajiv...
  10. News and Interests not showing after installing KB5001391

News and Interests not showing after installing KB5001391: I recently installed KB5001391 which supposedly installs the "News and Interests" feature on the taskbar. However after installing this update I have found that the feature is still absent, and I can't seem to find a way to enable it. Could someone help me out? Thanks...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com