Windows 10: KB5001567 breaks cmd functionality on Dell 5420 laptops

Discus and support KB5001567 breaks cmd functionality on Dell 5420 laptops in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After installing KB 5001567, I get this error when trying to launch cmd.exe: “The application was unable to start correctly 0x0000142 Click OK to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Shrewless2021, Mar 17, 2021.

1. KB5001567 breaks cmd functionality on Dell 5420 laptops

After installing KB 5001567, I get this error when trying to launch cmd.exe: “The application was unable to start correctly 0x0000142 Click OK to close this application.” If I uninstall the update the issue disappears. This issue also affects PowerShell but PowerShell ISE launches fine though any cmd-based commands such as ipconfig, nslookup, netsh, etc. produces the same error popup. Oddly, when I get into PS ISE and run these commands I initially get a get error mesage regarding "Interactive control applications are not supported." so I have to use $psUnsupportedConsoleApplications to remove these apps from the list. I will have to blacklist this update from WSUS until I get this sorted. Any thought would be appreciated. Thank you!

:)

Shrewless2021, Mar 17, 2021

2. Wifi driver for windows 10 dell 14 r inspiron 5420

Hi, i didnot found the wifi driver for the windows 10 dell insipiron 5420. Can you guys please suggest me. My wifi keeps disconnecting.

sushilchhetri1, Mar 17, 2021
  3. ARC
    Arc Win User
    BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO on DELL Inspiron 5420 Laptop-

You are welcome mate.

If your dell is officially supported for windows 10 and the drivers are available in dell's site, then the issue would not have taken place; IMHO. But unfortunately it is not the fact.

Product Support | Dell US
    Attachment 84936
    If the RAM is free from error, then you dont have any headache at least. In that situation you can either restore back to your previous OS or perform a clean reinstall of windows 10 with the windows suggested drivers only; keeping dell supplied things off.

Apparently there is no way to keep dell supplied staff with windows 10, mate. Because of the above reason.

If your Laptop has an inbuilt factory restore mechanism, you can use that to get back to the previous OS; or you may follow this guide to do it: Windows 10 - Go Back to Previous Windows - Windows 10 Forums

If you want to perform a clean reinstall of Windows 10, do it to get the drivers: Device Driver Automatic Installation - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

4. KB5001567 breaks cmd functionality on Dell 5420 laptops

Does anyone have a working network driver for Dell Latitude 5420

Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx Gigabit Controller Driver
    Unfortunately windows 10 doesn't have a working network drivers for Dell Latitude 5420

Elmo Tiisvald, Mar 17, 2021
Thema:

KB5001567 breaks cmd functionality on Dell 5420 laptops

1. KB5001567 breaks cmd functionality on Dell 5420 laptops - Similar Threads - KB5001567 breaks cmd

2. Dell Latitude 5420 crashing while on sleep with error code "Driver_Power_State_Failure"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell Latitude 5420 crashing while on sleep with error code "Driver_Power_State_Failure": We are facing an issue with large fleet of Dell Latitude 5420 specifically where it is crashing while on sleep with error code Driver_Power_State_Failure. I have pulled out a report from Intune and I can see that 99% of the BSOD cases for Latitude 5420 has a same error code.I...
  3. Dell Latitude 5420 crashing while on sleep with error code "Driver_Power_State_Failure"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell Latitude 5420 crashing while on sleep with error code "Driver_Power_State_Failure": We are facing an issue with large fleet of Dell Latitude 5420 specifically where it is crashing while on sleep with error code Driver_Power_State_Failure. I have pulled out a report from Intune and I can see that 99% of the BSOD cases for Latitude 5420 has a same error code.I...
  4. unable to install Govt Regulatory App on Dell 5420?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to install Govt Regulatory App on Dell 5420?: We are required to install certain regulatory apps on the laptop for the company. While installing the EPFO DSC app i am getting the following error screenshot attached need to find a solution for the same. Regards,...
  5. unable to install Govt Regulatory App on Dell 5420?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to install Govt Regulatory App on Dell 5420?: We are required to install certain regulatory apps on the laptop for the company. While installing the EPFO DSC app i am getting the following error screenshot attached need to find a solution for the same. Regards,...
  6. Network adapter disabled itself automatically in Dell 5420 Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network adapter disabled itself automatically in Dell 5420 Windows 10: Hello Everyone,we have Dell Latitude 5420 in our organization and we have observed that that wifi adopter disabled itself automatically. Every time we have to enable it again as soon as the user put the query. we have tried everything link updating the windows driver to the...
  7. Update KB5001567

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update KB5001567: Greetings, I just reinstalled my OS. After the reinstall, I did the updates. The last update I did, KB5001567, was optional. After restarting, the system wouldn't go past the POST screen. I used the BIOS boot manager and after getting in, was shown a message that the update...
  8. Dell 14R 5420 does not turn on after windows update

Dell 14R 5420 does not turn on after windows update: Hi, My dell 14R was working fine before I the schedule window update, but after I decided to restart to execute the update I does not turn on again the on button lights up and then it turns off again. How can I reverse the update to recover my PC?...
  9. Windows Upgrade breaks functionality

Windows Upgrade breaks functionality: I upgraded my windows 7 pc to windows 10 through Windows Media Creation Tool and noticed changes I deem unexpected (some of which I'll explain along with the steps I took to attempt fixing). The main thing is a stretched display. Here is what I tried: -Meddling with the...
  10. BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO on DELL Inspiron 5420 Laptop-

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO on DELL Inspiron 5420 Laptop-: After updating from Win 7 Home Premium to Win 10 Home the Dell laptop staterd fine but after an hibernation it got the BSOD showing error BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO w/o any of Win start solutions working. It only offers to Restore but deleting all apps running in Win 7 plus...