Windows 10: KB5003173 update crashed audio and messed up group policies

Discus and support KB5003173 update crashed audio and messed up group policies in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows Update tried to install KB5003173 update and failed. Windows got into automatic repair and restarted again. I did sfc /scannow and update is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by YavuzAL, May 12, 2021.

1. YavuzAL Win User

KB5003173 update crashed audio and messed up group policies

Windows Update tried to install KB5003173 update and failed. Windows got into automatic repair and restarted again. I did sfc /scannow and update is installed. But it killed audio and messed up group policies. I can rearrange group policies but I couldn't fix audio. I tried trouble shooter and also reinstalling audio driver but it didn't fix it. Also I realized windows didn't create restore point. Do you have any suggestions?

:)

YavuzAL, May 12, 2021
  2. Allan Mej Win User

GROUP POLICIES IN WINDOWS 10

You can change Group Policies by opening Group Policy Editor first. You can open it by following these steps:

• Log in an administrator account. If you are already logged in as an administrator, proceed to step 2.
    • Press Windows + R to open Run.
    • Type gpedit.msc and press Enter.

After opening Group Policy Editor, you can now make the necessary changes that you want.

Should you have more concerns, feel free to post.

Regards.

Allan Mej, May 12, 2021
  3. GROUP POLICIES IN WINDOWS 10

Just what i needed thank you.

johnapplegateVV, May 12, 2021
  4. KB5003173 update crashed audio and messed up group policies

Couldn't connect to windows group policy service????

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing as with error: Couldn't connect to windows group policy service, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know when exactly you received this error code?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted user profile, User Profile Service or Group Policy Client service stopped working, or Antivirus software conflicts.

I suggest you to check with the following and check if it helps.

Group Policy Client service, this service is responsible for applying settings configured by administrators for the computers and users through the Group Policy component. If the service is disabled
    the settings will be applied and applications and components will not be manageable through Group Policy.

Step 1: Stop the Group Policy Client service.

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Group Policy Client service, right click on it and click on
      Stop.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Start
    the service and set it to Automatic:

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Group Policy Client service, right click on it and click on
      Properties.
    • Start the service, set
      Startup type to Automatic.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, May 12, 2021
Thema:

KB5003173 update crashed audio and messed up group policies

1. KB5003173 update crashed audio and messed up group policies - Similar Threads - KB5003173 update crashed

2. group policy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    group policy: Not run edit group policy.msc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/group-policy/ebcb26df-8243-4a75-ba90-bf27ce8c3b90
  3. group policy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    group policy: Not run edit group policy.msc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/group-policy/ebcb26df-8243-4a75-ba90-bf27ce8c3b90
  4. Messed up audio.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Messed up audio.: Hi. My audio for the line out is giving a constant buzzing sound and the right headphone is extremely messed up sounding. The left headphone sounds fine but the right one is like bassbosted. I have bought a new cable and used it but the same problem occurs. Any Solutions?...
  5. Messed up audio.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Messed up audio.: Hi. My audio for the line out is giving a constant buzzing sound and the right headphone is extremely messed up sounding. The left headphone sounds fine but the right one is like bassbosted. I have bought a new cable and used it but the same problem occurs. Any Solutions?...
  6. Messed up audio.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Audio messed up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio messed up: I made a mistake I was listening to YouTube and forgot that my headset with a cord was still on my laptop. The tip of the headset broke and I can't get it out whatsoever. Can I use wireless headphones or USB headphones and still be able to listen to music and stuff. So my...
  8. Messed up Group Policy Restrictions and cannot access anything

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Messed up Group Policy Restrictions and cannot access anything: Hello and I need help. I wanted to block an application on a user on my computer. But in the procress, I have messed up the operation and now nobody can access anything. I can’t even get to the Group Policy editor anymore. Does anyone have any answers! Big note I am the admin...
  9. Updating Group Policy Objects

in Windows 10 Customization
    Updating Group Policy Objects: Hello, I have made an application that will run as a service under "Local System" account. I have used "Advanced Installer" to generate installer for my application. The installer produces an exe file, which when run on my PC, works perfectly fine. but when i try to install...
  10. Group Policy

in Windows 10 Support
    Group Policy: Hello. I have just had a virus that disabled My Firewall through Group edit. Problem is, I don't have group edit. With the store being broken, its bad. Any suggestions. 43965