Windows 10: KB5003173 wont install, here is the CBS log

Discus and support KB5003173 wont install, here is the CBS log in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; 021-05-12 12:25:24, Error CBS Failed to resolve package 'Microsoft-Windows-Printing-WFS-FoD-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.19041.804' [HRESULT =... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Blues MagicRacing, May 12, 2021.

1. KB5003173 wont install, here is the CBS log

021-05-12 12:25:24, Error CBS Failed to resolve package 'Microsoft-Windows-Printing-WFS-FoD-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.19041.804' [HRESULT = 0x800f0831 - CBS_E_STORE_CORRUPTION] 2021-05-12 12:25:24, Info CBS Mark store corruption flag because of package: Microsoft-Windows-Printing-WFS-FoD-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.19041.804. [HRESULT = 0x800f0831 - CBS_E_STORE_CORRUPTION] 2021-05-12 12:25:24, Info CBS Failed to resolve package: Microsoft-Windows-Printing-WFS-FoD-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.19041.804 [HRESU

:)

Blues MagicRacing, May 12, 2021
  2. niko084 Win User

Insurgency wont install and run for me....

I have played and have fully updated CS and Half life 2....
    I am using the newest client and installed the SDK.

I am completely blown away, if i click the desktop icon it starts the sdk and then closes, and it doesn't show up in my game list...

First mod attempt install here, followed the directions step by step on the mods website...

Any ideas?

niko084, May 12, 2021
  3. phrab Win User
    Understanding the CBS log & repairing corrupt files

I've been getting some event errors lately, in particular 2 errors.

Date: 10/21/2019 8:54:17 AM
    Type: ErrorEvent: 1020Source: Microsoft-Windows-Perflib

The required buffer size is greater than the buffer size passed to the Collect function of the "C:\Windows\System32\perfts.dll" Extensible Counter DLL for the "LSM" service. The given buffer size was 34008 and the required size was 45368.

Date: 10/21/2019 2:07:45 PM
    Type: WarningEvent: 1008Source: Microsoft-Windows-Perflib

The Open procedure for service ".NETFramework" in DLL "C:\WINDOWS\system32\mscoree.dll" failed with error code The system cannot find the file specified.. Performance data for this service will not be available.

So I went to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...rrupted-system and ran

sfc /scannow

I got the message:
    Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log.

I tried to follow the rest of the steps listed on the support page, but got lost in the details.

1. When I used an elevated Powershell & ran the suggested command, I got:

PS C:\> findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log >"%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt"

out-file : Could not find a part of the path 'C:\%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt'.At line:1 char:1+ findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log >"%userprofile%\Desktop\s ...+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : OpenError: KB5003173 wont install, here is the CBS log :)) [Out-File], DirectoryNotFoundException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : FileOpenFailure,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.OutFileCommand

2. I manually went to C:\Windows\Logs\CBS & opened CBS.log.There was so much detail that I couldn't follow what was corrupt. I've attached the log.

I would appreciate anyone telling me what files are corrupt & how to replace them. Thank you in advance!

phrab, May 12, 2021
  4. KB5003173 wont install, here is the CBS log

Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, May 12, 2021
Thema:

KB5003173 wont install, here is the CBS log

1. KB5003173 wont install, here is the CBS log - Similar Threads - KB5003173 wont install

2. help with cbs log

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    help with cbs log: hi, i recently encountered windows memory diagnostics error so decided to clean install windows again but ran into cbs error logs in sfc scannow.can anyone advise what issue and solution to the further problems....
  3. CBS LOG

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CBS LOG: windows resource protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cbs-log/f84b7065-caf7-4c54-93f4-9badf1ae5e62
  4. CBS LOG

CBS LOG: windows resource protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cbs-log/f84b7065-caf7-4c54-93f4-9badf1ae5e62
  5. CBS log error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CBS log error: HiWhere do i find and how do i read itThank youTIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cbs-log-error/dbff8182-75b3-452a-814d-89de21bbcb05
  6. CBS Log question

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CBS Log question: Hello, I have a question regarding some text in my recent CBS Log file.I have recently reset my computer due to corruption issues. After resetting the computer I ran the sfc /scannow command and it came up with, "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable...
  7. CBS Log question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CBS Log question: Hello, I have a question regarding some text in my recent CBS Log file.I have recently reset my computer due to corruption issues. After resetting the computer I ran the sfc /scannow command and it came up with, "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable...
  8. CBS Log question

9. CBS/DISM log

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CBS/DISM log: Hi, Having stopcode errors for Memory management. Event viewer talks about harddisk0 but I am unable to get further than that as my SFC scan refuses to fix, and my chkdsk fixes issues but new ones pop up. Both DISM log and CBS log are saved to my desktop, I have no way of...
  10. Errors is CBS logs

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Errors is CBS logs: Have eventually got 10 activated and it is a bit buggy freezing on certain pages and I ran the sfc and got back there are some errors - see pic - and I am wondering just what these errors are and what to do about them. Any advice please. Edit I went looking for them but...