Windows 10: KB5003214 and Cisco AnyConnnect

Discus and support KB5003214 and Cisco AnyConnnect in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've been using Cisco AnyConnect for several years to securely connect to the University of Florida. It has worked flawlessly. After I installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NCHH, Jun 3, 2021.

1. NCHH Win User

KB5003214 and Cisco AnyConnnect

I've been using Cisco AnyConnect for several years to securely connect to the University of Florida. It has worked flawlessly. After I installed KB5003214 I began to have problems connecting. It would seemingly try to connect but over 50% of the time it failed. After a couple of days it would not connect after repeated tries. Each time my wireless connection was also disabled, requiring a restart. I uninstalled the update and everything was back to normal working conditions.

:)

NCHH, Jun 3, 2021
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Jun 3, 2021
  3. Carlo Fer Win User
    Cisco AnyConnect

Hello
    Xiu RuLim,

It seems that there are some traces in the registry left even after uninstalling the program.
    I suggest that you follow these steps to delete the registry keys related to Cisco AnyConnect.

Disclaimer: The steps below includes system registry modification. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection,
    back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Make sure to backup registry first, please refer to this support article:
    How to back up the registry in Windows. Please follow the steps below:

1. Press Windows key + R. The run dialog box will open.
    2. Type regedit, then press Enter.
    3. Browse to the following location: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\
    4. Within the Products folder, locate and delete the registry key which contains product information for
      Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client.

◦Each registry key within Products is an alphanumeric string. Select the first key and look on the right side for ProductName REG_SZ Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client. Go through each key in the Products folder until you find the one for Cisco AnyConnect
      Secure Mobility Client.
    5. Close the registry editor.
    6. Once done, try to start the installation for Cisco AnyConnect.

Hope this helps. If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Carlo Fer, Jun 3, 2021
  4. Borg 386 Win User

Cisco zero-day exploited in the wild to crash and reload devices

https://tools.cisco.com/security/cen...asaftd-sip-dos

Cisco zero-day exploited in the wild to crash and reload devices | ZDNet

Borg 386, Jun 3, 2021
Thema:

1. KB5003214 and Cisco AnyConnnect - Similar Threads - KB5003214 Cisco AnyConnnect

2. Cisco Connection and 2 Networks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cisco Connection and 2 Networks: Hi. I have 2 Networks on my pc. both of them are VDSL. when i try to connect to "Any Connect Cisco" one the networks get blocked and only the first one works.what i want is to connect Cisco on network 1 while network 2 is still available to use. i can't use any other vpn...
  3. How do I remove KB5003214?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I remove KB5003214?: KB5003214 isn't showing up in my list of updates that I can uninstall, but it's on my list of installed updates. I tried using wusa /uninstall /kb:5003214 in Powershell, but it tell me that the update isn't there. I have the tell-tale broken tray issue that most everyone is...
  4. Need password for Cisco 03467

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Need password for Cisco 03467: Need my password for Cisco 03467 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-password-for-cisco-03467/a6e3cd3a-f61c-455b-8fee-c780fa453fce
  5. Cisco web extension crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cisco web extension crash: I have been having problems accessing google chrome because an extension called Cisco WebEx keeps crashing with the persistantly annoying message Aw, Snap, something went wrong while displaying this web page. Ive tried all the options suggested , each time i think ive got it...
  6. PAcket Tracer Cisco Labs

PAcket Tracer Cisco Labs: Hi, DO you offer any labs for Cisco CCNA, I found some resources Cisco Packet Tracer Configuration Examples ⋆ 143064
  7. Cisco Network Switch

Cisco Network Switch: Hi, At the place I work our network switch is missing some ports. Is it possible to fit new ports or remove an existing port to another number? Where can i buy new ports if im able to fit? Thanks 138831
  8. Cisco AnyConnect

Cisco AnyConnect: Hi, I tried to install anyconnect-win-4.5.02033-core-vpn-predeploy-k9 but it does not work. It says that another version of this product is already installed. Installation of this version cannot continue. To configure or remove the existing version of this product, use...
  9. BSOD - crashed during Cisco Jabber VOIP call and Cisco WebEx Meeting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD - crashed during Cisco Jabber VOIP call and Cisco WebEx Meeting: hi, i am analyzing a dump sent to me from another computer. the BSOD occurred while he was using a Cisco Jabber VOIP call and a Cisco WebEx meeting. error on screen was: “IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL” *Mad any further analysis of this mini-dump would be appreciated. 75377
  10. What is This CISCO Folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is This CISCO Folder?: I noticed a folder CISCO containing the folders shown in the screenshot in my Program Files (x86). What are these files for since I can't locate a matching installed program? [img] 86244