Windows 10: KB5003214 update is causing issues with Windows 10 taskbar

Discus and support KB5003214 update is causing issues with Windows 10 taskbar in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 has a new bug that has been introduced thanks to the KB5003214 update for May 2021 Update (21H1), October 2020 Update (20H2) and May 2020... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, May 31, 2021.

1. WinLatest New Member

KB5003214 update is causing issues with Windows 10 taskbar

Windows 10 has a new bug that has been introduced thanks to the KB5003214 update for May 2021 Update (21H1), October 2020 Update (20H2) and May 2020 Update (2004). This optional update breaks the system tray of the taskbar and some users are also reporting other related issues.

This is happening to users running Windows 10 May 2020 Update (version 2004) or newer with KB5003214 (optional patch) installed. One of the affected users told us that their taskbar is messed up with icons within the system tray going blank and overlapping, especially when News and Interests feature is enabled.

Likewise, some users have reported that the notification center and network icon also stopped working after the patch. In some cases, users observed the system tray icons will move randomly and disappear or hide when the “News and Interests” taskbar feed feature is enabled.

“After installing quality cumulative preview update KB5003214, I’ve got some issues with the taskbar, mainly right side icons will move randomly, disappear (hide) or will be scrambled. Tested on a Surface Book 3 business edition and Alienware M17 R5,” one affected user wrote in the Feedback Hub.

“Uninstalling the update solved the problem. Also, the icons on a customized toolbar would disappear and then reappear if I hovered over them,” another user confirmed the reports.

KB5003214 update is causing issues with Windows 10 taskbar Blank-system-tray.jpg
    Black system tray

In other words, folks who are using the latest cumulative preview update with the “News and Interests” feature enabled on the normal desktop are having issues with the system tray which are meant to display background apps and pinned apps.

“After installing KB5003214, my taskbar (in the bottom right with clock, notification centre, network icon etc) all broke. The icons appeared over the clock for a bit then disappeared,” a user explained the problem in the Feedback Hub.

The search box is also not appearing on the taskbar for some users, while a few users have flagged display scaling issues, which could be related to the system tray bug.

How to fix taskbar issues after KB5003214

Uninstalling the cumulative update in question gets rid of the taskbar issues, but if you want to keep the update for whatever reason, there appears to be a second workaround involving News and Interests feature.

The simple fix for those running the May 2020 Update or newer is to disable News and Interests feature from the settings. To disable this feature, right-click on the weather icon, select “Disable”.

If you want to remove the update itself, head to Control Panel > Uninstall a program > View installed updates and click on the update that you want to remove.

The post KB5003214 update is causing issues with Windows 10 taskbar appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, May 31, 2021

2. Taskbar Issue with Multiple Monitors

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

Please share the information below:

• Are you using a Local Account or a Microsoft Account?
    • What is the make and model of your PC?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Taskbar and select Properties.
    • Check if the option for Lock the Taskbar and Auto-hide the taskbar
      are ticked.
    • If they are ticked then uncheck the option for Auto-hide the taskbar.

Also, suggest you to update the Display driver by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 31, 2021
  3. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, May 31, 2021
  4. Desboro Win User

Windows 10 update: start up and sleep issues caused

Dear Vijay,

Thank you for your response: apologies for slow feedback.

Regarding step 1 - doing a restore point : I tried this twice and twice it failed. Now, the date of the update that caused the issue (13/14 September 2019) has disappeared from the history list. Is there a way of finding it, still?

Regarding Step 2- the list of updates installed: the two suggestions above do not seem to appear in the list in the window "Installed Updates".

There are two updates listed for 13 September - Security Update for Adobe Flash Player and Security Update for Microsoft Windows.

Could you advise what I might try next?

Thank you so much.

Desboro, May 31, 2021
Thema:

1. KB5003214 update is causing issues with Windows 10 taskbar - Similar Threads - KB5003214 update causing

2. Compensation for the issue caused by Windows 10 update KB5028166

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Compensation for the issue caused by Windows 10 update KB5028166: Just yesterday, I discovered that my laptop was unable to establish a network connection. Despite my best efforts and various attempted solutions, I was unable to resolve the issue myself. As a result, I had no choice but to seek professional help from a tech support store....
  3. Compensation for the issue caused by Windows 10 update KB5028166

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Compensation for the issue caused by Windows 10 update KB5028166: Just yesterday, I discovered that my laptop was unable to establish a network connection. Despite my best efforts and various attempted solutions, I was unable to resolve the issue myself. As a result, I had no choice but to seek professional help from a tech support store....
  4. Windows 10 update issue causing CPU throttle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 update issue causing CPU throttle: I've had an issue with my CPU being throttled since the Windows update around mid January.My PC is pretty new, built it mid December.Everything worked fine until I updated my Windows. I noticed my CPU clock was being capped at 0.37ghz. After turning off thermal throttling in...
  5. KB5003637/KB5003214 - Experiencing Windows UI Tearing/Visual Breaking on taskbar

KB5003637/KB5003214 - Experiencing Windows UI Tearing/Visual Breaking on taskbar: I'm experiencing visual tearing and glitching with my taskbar after installing the 2021-05 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 21H1 for x64-based Systems KB5003214 and 2021-06 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 21H1 for x64-based System KB5003637. I have...
  6. KB5003214 and Cisco AnyConnnect

KB5003214 and Cisco AnyConnnect: I've been using Cisco AnyConnect for several years to securely connect to the University of Florida. It has worked flawlessly. After I installed KB5003214 I began to have problems connecting. It would seemingly try to connect but over 50% of the time it failed. After a couple...
  7. Windows 10 Taskbar got graphically screwed by last update probably KB5003214

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Taskbar got graphically screwed by last update probably KB5003214: As you can see here, bottom right - where the System Tray should be - is totally blacked out: https://i.imgur.com/e21F2tK.pngOther times, it will be messed up completely, like here: https://i.imgur.com/u9m4R9B.pngThere are other similar "graphical" issues that happen to that...
  8. Windows 10 KB5003214 (21H1, 20H2) released with important changes

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB5003214 (21H1, 20H2) released with important changes: Windows 10 KB5003214 is now available for version 21H1, 20H2, and 2004 via Windows Update and Update Catalog. For advanced users, Microsoft has published the direct download links for Windows 10 KB5003214 offline installers. Offline installers can be used to install the...
  9. Windows 10 update caused audio interface issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 update caused audio interface issues: Windows 10 update last night i can no longer playback audio through my audio interface. It doesn;t show the interface as a choice for output. The interface does show as an input so it does see it. Interface is Focusrite Scarlett 2i2. The drivers are current....
  10. Windows 10 Update Causing Issues

Windows 10 Update Causing Issues: Hi all, I received and installed 3 updates last night: KB4570723 KB4497165 KB4023057 Today I have encountered a whole host of problems: Computer won't restart and it gets stuck in restart; Computer won't shut down. The screen powers off but the computer keeps...