Windows 10: KB5003637 Breaks Taskbar and Search, breaks Feedback Hub...

Discus and support KB5003637 Breaks Taskbar and Search, breaks Feedback Hub... in Cortana to solve the problem; EDIT: I have narrowed it down to KB5003637 specifically, which came along with 21H1.This is a bug report. Since the "Feedback Hub" is broken as well, I... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Lartur, Jun 18, 2021.

1. Lartur Win User

KB5003637 Breaks Taskbar and Search, breaks Feedback Hub...

EDIT: I have narrowed it down to KB5003637 specifically, which came along with 21H1.This is a bug report. Since the "Feedback Hub" is broken as well, I can't submit it there so I'm doing it here. After the KB5003637 update, my taskbar is messed up and the search functionality accross the whole OS is broken. cannot search for files and folders anywhere, from the start menu, from the search bar, from windows search. It just quits or doesn't even open. Clock is broken -- cannot pull up calendar. Taskbar pinned icons disappear randomly until restart. And the funniest of all, Feedback Hub is broken

:)

Lartur, Jun 18, 2021

2. Windows 10 Pro and Ergnomic Break Reminder

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Do you remember installing any break reminder software?

It looks like it is a pop up from a break reminder software.

I suggest you to look for this in Programs in features and uninstall it if do not use it.

Try the following steps:

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run Command

• Type Appwiz.cpl and hit enter

• Search for the programs and un-install it.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Jun 18, 2021
  3. Nick Dich Win User
    insider feedback hub

Hi,

We need to ask you the following questions so we can help you with your concern:

• When did you started to notice that feedback hub could not sign you in?
    • Do you remember when was the last time you were able to use the feedback hub?
    • Did you receive any error message when you open feedback hub?
    • Have you already tried updating your Windows Insider version?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We will be waiting for your response.

Nick Dich, Jun 18, 2021
  4. JohnP Lee Win User

Quiet Hours Editing Break Through List

Hi Kevin,

This is bothering. May we know if you're trying this using your Lumia device? What is the model of your Lumia? Let's try the following steps to see if this can help:

To Turn it on, launch Cortana> Click on the Hamburger Menu> and then tap Cortana’s Notebook> Quiet
    hours
    , then click on Automatic Rules. Now select the day, and time you want it to turn on automatically.

Rules to Break Through

Follow the same steps as above until you reach the Quiet Hours window. Under Break-through rules, you will find Edit Break-through list, click on that
    if you want to add some exceptions like your family member. Adding your contacts in the list is very simple. Just click on Edit Break-through list> Tap on “+”> Select people you want to break-through. Now, these
    very people can call, or text you, even when Quiet hours in On.

More Rules to Break Through

Now, what if somebody makes a call from a number which is not in your contact list, and its important. Usually, in these situation, the person would call you multiple times to get your attention, and this is where the rules kicks in.

Calls:

• Tick the box which says , Anyone rings through if they call twice in 3 minutes. This will let anyone break-through if they call you twice in three minutes.
    • Tick the box which says, People on the list ring through. This lets your contacts, which you added in your exceptions list, call you, but can’t text you.
    Text:

You can send auto reply. You need to turn on the option “Texts from people on the list get through”. If they happen to send you a message, which will not be delivered to you anyway, they get an automatic response saying, Hi, the person you’re trying
    to reach is busy and may not respond right away.

JohnP Lee, Jun 18, 2021
Thema:

1. KB5003637 Breaks Taskbar and Search, breaks Feedback Hub... - Similar Threads - KB5003637 Breaks Taskbar

2. Weather icon breaks TaskBar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weather icon breaks TaskBar: Hello Mine weather icon on my TaskBar sometimes literaly goes crazy for no reason and after short while it reactivates the TaskBar itself. I am worried it can do huge damage to my computer and files i have on it so if there is a way to fix itexcept things like reseting pc i...
  3. Weather icon breaks TaskBar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weather icon breaks TaskBar: Hello Mine weather icon on my TaskBar sometimes literaly goes crazy for no reason and after short while it reactivates the TaskBar itself. I am worried it can do huge damage to my computer and files i have on it so if there is a way to fix itexcept things like reseting pc i...
  4. Weather icon breaks TaskBar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Update breaks search

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update breaks search: There are a series of updates that breaks the windows search on my PC. The one that I see that keeps causing the search to crash is KB5003637. I have tried a variety of methods to get it back working after it installs, but the only thing that has been working is removing the...
  6. Taskbar breaks Windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar breaks Windows: Recently our users have been experiencing a weird issue, when they sign in they can't click the taskbar and it freezes the PC if you click it. Not every user in our office has this issue and it seems to happen gradually. Also, if I sign in with a new account it is fine.Is...
  7. 21H1 Breaks Taskbar and Search, breaks Feedback Hub...

in Cortana
    21H1 Breaks Taskbar and Search, breaks Feedback Hub...: This is a bug report. Since the "Feedback Hub" is broken as well, I can't submit it there so I'm doing it here. After the 21H1 update, my taskbar is messed up and the search functionality accross the whole OS is broken. cannot search for files and folders anywhere, from the...
  8. Windows 10 KB5003637 update could break your taskbar, printer

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB5003637 update could break your taskbar, printer: Windows 10 has a new bug which has been introduced thanks to its monthly security patch “KB5003637”. The problem is that the update is messing up with the icons on the taskbar and desktop. This issue was first reported last month when users installed the optional and it seems...
  9. KB5003637/KB5003214 - Experiencing Windows UI Tearing/Visual Breaking on taskbar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB5003637/KB5003214 - Experiencing Windows UI Tearing/Visual Breaking on taskbar: I'm experiencing visual tearing and glitching with my taskbar after installing the 2021-05 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 21H1 for x64-based Systems KB5003214 and 2021-06 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 21H1 for x64-based System KB5003637. I have...
  10. Saving Search Breaks Search

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saving Search Breaks Search: This is Win 10 question. Just recently saved searches on explorer for pdf filed result in an invalid directory error. Word files work OK. If I do a search from explorer for pdf it works. If I save and run again I get the error. I have tried saving it in different...