Windows 10: KB5004945 breaks search, calendar and news and interests on taskbar again

Discus and support KB5004945 breaks search, calendar and news and interests on taskbar again in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Same as previous update kb5003539?. No fix again. Must uninstall this update as wellClicking on the search icon, the search box appears and then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by William J.Gollatz, Jul 7, 2021.

1. KB5004945 breaks search, calendar and news and interests on taskbar again

Same as previous update kb5003539?. No fix again. Must uninstall this update as wellClicking on the search icon, the search box appears and then disappears. Same with News and Interests.Nothing happens when clicking on the Calendar icon. A wait icon briefly appears.

:)

William J.Gollatz, Jul 7, 2021

2. Taskbar search

Hi,

To assist you better, kindly send us a screenshot and provide more details by answering the following questions:

• When you say "taskbar search function", do you mean the Start menu search field?
    • Are you getting any error messages upon accessing the taskbar search?
    Meanwhile, to help resolve your concern, we suggest that you run the System file checker and DISM tool to fix issues with corrupted system files that may be causing the issue. To do this, follow these steps:

• Press Windows Key + X on your keyboard.
    • Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type or copy these commands followed by hitting Enter:

sfc /scannow

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    Do let us know how it goes.

Monica Cam, Jul 7, 2021
  3. I_askYou Win User
    Windows 10: how to restore search bar in the taskbar?

When I right click on Taskbar, there is no "Search" in the list.

I_askYou, Jul 7, 2021
  4. Arjay Dom Win User

KB5004945 breaks search, calendar and news and interests on taskbar again

Search box on taskbar missing.

Hi John,

This issue with search box may happen if it's hidden from the taskbar.

To resolve the issue, follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the taskbar and select Search.
    • Select Show search box.

Feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

Arjay Dom, Jul 7, 2021
Thema:

KB5004945 breaks search, calendar and news and interests on taskbar again

1. KB5004945 breaks search, calendar and news and interests on taskbar again - Similar Threads - KB5004945 breaks search

2. News and Interests widget stopped working on top taskbar again

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    News and Interests widget stopped working on top taskbar again: Anyone else had this happen recently? This happened like clockwork on both of my computers. Now it only works on bottom taskbar, like it used to for some time. I've had it working on top taskbar perfectly fine until about 2 or 3 days ago. I'm also having the Fahrenheit only...
  3. News and Interests in taskbar not auto updating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    News and Interests in taskbar not auto updating: I have to manually click the refresh button for anything to update. Very annoying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/news-and-interests-in-taskbar-not-auto-updating/066738ab-7770-4c91-afc9-7f82dc8e334f
  4. News and Interests in taskbar not auto updating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    News and Interests in taskbar not auto updating: I have to manually click the refresh button for anything to update. Very annoying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/news-and-interests-in-taskbar-not-auto-updating/066738ab-7770-4c91-afc9-7f82dc8e334f
  5. News and Interests Widget blank on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    News and Interests Widget blank on taskbar: I searched for this issue beforehand, but while others have had related issues, they did not seem to be quite the same. Also, the recommended fixes failed.My News and Interests Widget is blank, but only on the taskbar. It no longer shows any icon OR information, such at the...
  6. KB5004237 & Previous KB5004945 Breaks Windows Search

in Cortana
    KB5004237 & Previous KB5004945 Breaks Windows Search: Hi, hoping someone can help,I have narrowed it down to firstly the update KB5004945 that broke windows search across my whole machine, The search panel in Windows Explorer when you try to type, doesn't accept input, eventually the whole area becomes a brown/grey bar, no...
  7. Taskbar News and Interests Microsoft News ignores interest settings

Taskbar News and Interests Microsoft News ignores interest settings: I turned off the News and Interests feature on my taskbar. Why? Because the only news I want to see popping up on my desktop is weather and technology, however, regardless of how I customize the news feed, it still displays national news, politics, and sports and whatnot....
  8. News and Interests on Taskbar

News and Interests on Taskbar: I would like for the News and Interests app to show local weather information on the Taskbar itself instead of just the icon. I have checked "Show icon and text" and "Open on hover." What else should I do?...
  9. News and Interests not showing weather on taskbar

News and Interests not showing weather on taskbar: When I display N&I i don't get the weather icon. I get the icon shown below. Clicking on this icon does bring up some feeds but the weather is not one of them. Is there something else I need to do to get the weather icon? I think when N&I first became available the weather...
  10. News and Interests on the taskbar

News and Interests on the taskbar: This feature just appeared on the taskbar about a 10 days ago and then disappeared after a bios update. Perhaps this is coincidental, but that is when I noticed it was gone and not in the menu for the taskbar. I have Windows 10 home 20H2 Build 19042.985 Also, KB5001391 is...