Windows 10: KB5004945 patch "PrintNightmare"

Discus and support KB5004945 patch "PrintNightmare" in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I initially rolled out the KB5004945 patch via Intune in July. Lately the patch has stopped installing with Error code: 0x80070017Is this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Anton Skorov, Sep 16, 2021.

1. KB5004945 patch "PrintNightmare"

Hello, I initially rolled out the KB5004945 patch via Intune in July. Lately the patch has stopped installing with Error code: 0x80070017Is this because there is another cumulative update that has been pushed via windows updates that takes precedence? If so which KB is it and would you recommend changing the detection rules to look for that update instead? Or removing the patch from being pushed alltogether? Thank you.

:)

Anton Skorov, Sep 16, 2021
  2. erpster4 Win User

KB5004945 W10 Insider Beta 19043.1083 21H1 and RP 19042.1083 20H2 Insider

KB5004945 not worth the trouble installing

does not fix all the recent security threats

The Chaos PrintNightmare Emergency Update (July 6/7, 2021) | Born's Tech and Windows World

Microsoft's incomplete PrintNightmare patch fails to fix vulnerability

Microsoft struggles to wake from PrintNightmare: Latest print spooler patch can be bypassed, researchers say • The Register

I will skip this update and wait for the next one coming next Tue. July 13

erpster4, Sep 16, 2021
  3. Riley7 Win User
    Windows Print Spooler Remote Code Execution Vulnerability

KB5004945 did not fix the issue.
    Researchers have bypassed Microsoft's emergency patch for the PrintNightmare vulnerability to achieve remote code execution and local privilege escalation with the official fix installed.

Microsoft's incomplete PrintNightmare patch fails to fix vulnerability

Riley7, Sep 16, 2021
  4. sygnus21 Win User

KB5004945 patch "PrintNightmare"

Windows Print Spooler Remote Code Execution Vulnerability

Well since I can't account for every what if in the universe, I can only say that if you're one of those researchers dedicated to coming after my machine, I guess I'm in trouble.

Until then I'll have to live with said patch until a new one is released *Wink

sygnus21, Sep 16, 2021
Thema:

KB5004945 patch "PrintNightmare"

1. KB5004945 patch "PrintNightmare" - Similar Threads - KB5004945 patch PrintNightmare

2. Latest patch for PrintNightmare

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Latest patch for PrintNightmare: This latest update has broken connection to clients for their networked printers. Is there going to be any update to fix this issue? I work at a large university and this patch broke connection to ALOT of printers that were already mapped via print server to our clients. Also...
  3. Microsoft KB5004945 Patch - BIOS Update Issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Microsoft KB5004945 Patch - BIOS Update Issues: Hello,I was wondering if anyone has come across this issue where after installing this specific patch KB5004945 2021-07 cumulative update for Windows 10 Version 20h2 for x64 Based Systems KB5004945, it then prompts for a BIOS Update?We have a bunch of HP All-In-One Units,...
  4. kb5004945

kb5004945: what the point of a update for something that is disabled in the first place as the update did not fix anything. but as i see all over the web it actually cause a problem in it self....
  5. Printnightmare security patch

Printnightmare security patch: Hello. Looking for help finding and downloading this security patch. I have WIN 7 HOME PREMIUM 64 bit SP1. While searching, thought I found it. There were 2 options for download: XLSX MICROSOFT EXCEL & CSV COMMA VALUE. None of this means anything to me. Maybe I was in the...
  6. PrintNightmare patch. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Win dows...

PrintNightmare patch. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Win dows...: I can only see up to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\After that, there is nothing. Same thing for 2 other computers.Do I still need to pursue the step to switch the registries to 0, or disregard?...
  7. Microsoft PrintNightmare Update KB5004945 Fails To Install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft PrintNightmare Update KB5004945 Fails To Install: I have difficulties installing the new update. Actually, I never had any issue installing windows updates but the recent update won't install and raises Error while installing! The Error: "There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep...
  8. Microsoft rolls out KB5004945 emergency Windows Update to fix PrintNightmare...

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft rolls out KB5004945 emergency Windows Update to fix PrintNightmare...: Microsoft has had a troubled year dealing with Windows Updates causing printer issues. The latest problem that has affected printers is called PrintNightmare, which is a remote code execution vulnerability. [ATTACH] Martin wrote an article about this, where he explains a...
  9. Zebra LP2844 Printers not working because of update KB5004945 - PrintNightmare

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Zebra LP2844 Printers not working because of update KB5004945 - PrintNightmare: Hi everyone.After the latest windows 10 update KB5004945 - PrintNightmare, all the "Zebra printers LP2844" stopped printing, and it's a very popular issue, we're getting calls every single day about it, from all over the UKI UK-Ireland market.The only option is to delete the...
  10. Windows 10 KB5004945 emergency update released to fix PrintNightmare

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB5004945 emergency update released to fix PrintNightmare: Windows 10 KB5004945 emergency update is rolling out to address a new Windows zero-day vulnerability called “PrintNightmare”. According to reports, PrintNightmare vulnerability is being actively exploited by attackers to achieve local privilege and remote code execution on...