Windows 10: KB5004947 "this update is not applicable to your computer"

Discus and support KB5004947 "this update is not applicable to your computer" in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; We ran a scan that said we were missing KB5004947. It doesn't show as available from updates on the VM itself, and the standalone I get the error. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ViciousSorrel, Jul 8, 2022.

1. KB5004947 "this update is not applicable to your computer"

We ran a scan that said we were missing KB5004947. It doesn't show as available from updates on the VM itself, and the standalone I get the error. It is not installed update history.Windows Server 2019ran the following and rebooted:SC config trustedinstaller start=autonet stop bitsnet stop wuauservnet stop msiservernet stop cryptsvcnet stop appidsvcRen %Systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.oldRen %Systemroot%\System32\catroot2 catroot2.oldregsvr32.exe /s atl.dllregsvr32.exe /s urlmon.dllregsvr32.exe /s mshtml.dllnetsh winsock resetnetsh winsock reset proxyrundll32.exe pnpc

:)

ViciousSorrel, Jul 8, 2022

2. Error - the update is not applicable to your computer

I am not getting list of updates for installing on my windows 8.1 pro.I tried to manually install update KB2919442 before updating KB2919355 update but its displaying window saying
    Windows Update standalone Installer.....the update is not applicable to your computer. I even tried troubleshooting but that didn't solve my error yet.Plz suggest solutions for the same...

SameekshaRane, Jul 8, 2022
  3. My computer crashes frequently when starting a fullscreen application or bluestacks

Hi Anantha,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

The VIDEO_TDR_ ERROR bug check has a value of 0x00000116. This indicates that an attempt to reset the display driver and recover from a timeout failed.

I suggest you to remove all the external devices except mouse and keyboard, restart the computer and check whether the issue persists or not.

If still the issue persist then follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
    • Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
    • Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

Step 2: Also I suggest you to update all the drivers (Display drivers) from the device manager and check if it helps.

• Press ‘Windows+X’ and go to ‘Device Manager’.
    • Then you can right click on each driver and update it.
    • Restart the computer and check if it helps.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 8, 2022
  4. 3Colors Win User

KB5004947 "this update is not applicable to your computer"

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond KB5004947 "this update is not applicable to your computer" :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jul 8, 2022
Thema:

KB5004947 "this update is not applicable to your computer"

1. KB5004947 "this update is not applicable to your computer" - Similar Threads - KB5004947 update applicable

2. Update is not applicable to your computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update is not applicable to your computer: Hi, I am running Windows Server 2016 and have tried installing the cumulative update KB5014702 but was not able to do so as the error message "The update is not applicable to your computer" was shown. I've installed the pre-requisite Servicing stack update KB5014026 before...
  3. Update is not applicable to your computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update is not applicable to your computer: Hi, I am running Windows Server 2016 and have tried installing the cumulative update KB5014702 but was not able to do so as the error message "The update is not applicable to your computer" was shown. I've installed the pre-requisite Servicing stack update KB5014026 before...
  4. The update is not applicable to your computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The update is not applicable to your computer: Hi,We are facing this issue "The update is not applicable to your computer" in our Windows 2012 R2 server when we try to update the windows.This server is not getting updated till now. This is the first time we are trying to push the patches....
  5. The update is not applicable to your computer

The update is not applicable to your computer: Hi,We are facing this issue "The update is not applicable to your computer" in our Windows 2012 R2 server when we try to update the windows.This server is not getting updated till now. This is the first time we are trying to push the patches....
  6. The update is not applicable to your computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. KB5004947 "this update is not applicable to your computer"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5004947 "this update is not applicable to your computer": We ran a scan that said we were missing KB5004947. It doesn't show as available from updates on the VM itself, and the standalone I get the error. It is not installed update history.Windows Server 2019ran the following and rebooted:SC config trustedinstaller start=autonet...
  8. KB5004947 "this update is not applicable to your computer"

KB5004947 "this update is not applicable to your computer": We ran a scan that said we were missing KB5004947. It doesn't show as available from updates on the VM itself, and the standalone I get the error. It is not installed update history.Windows Server 2019ran the following and rebooted:SC config trustedinstaller start=autonet...
  9. The update is not applicable to your computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The update is not applicable to your computer: Hi! I tried to install windows media pack for my laptop but it always shows "The update is not applicable to your computer". I have downloaded the correct version 1803. How can I solve this? Many thanks!...
  10. the update is not applicable to your computer.1709

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    the update is not applicable to your computer.1709: I am using the 1709 build (yes,on purpose).I want to install the 0-KB4048955 update but it errors.This is the correct package for the build.Any help? submitted by /u/grandekid [link] [comments]...