Windows 10: KB5005413: Mitigating NTLM Relay Attacks on Active Directory Certificate Services AD CS

Discus and support KB5005413: Mitigating NTLM Relay Attacks on Active Directory Certificate Services AD CS in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/kb5005413-mitigating-ntlm-relay-attacks-on-active-directory-certificate-services-ad-cs-3612b773-4043-4aa... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Pavankumar B R, Jan 17, 2022.

1. KB5005413: Mitigating NTLM Relay Attacks on Active Directory Certificate Services AD CS

Hello,https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/kb5005413-mitigating-ntlm-relay-attacks-on-active-directory-certificate-services-ad-cs-3612b773-4043-4aa9-b23d-b87910cd3429In order to mitigate the above vulnerability MS has given some steps to perform.we have Certificate Authority Web Enrollment installed in our server and to mitigate the issue we had performed step 1 mentioned under primary mitigation. once the mitigation is completed I was checking in the registry that it stores any data about it but could not find any.Can anyone please help me to understand after performing the mitigation st

:)

Pavankumar B R, Jan 17, 2022

2. Active Directory Certificate Services

I would like to verify various modules within our network. Active Directory Certificate Services seems to be the ideal way to do this.

Is there a charge for creating these certificates with AD CS? Any of the modules will be used only within our Active Directory domain...

BruceCocek, Jan 17, 2022
  3. Cannot manage Active Directory Certificate Services. Access is denied. 0x80070005 Win32:5

getting following error, When I trying to connect CS server using MMS form different server.

But user trying to connect from different domain and we have two way trust between both the servers. user have appropriate permission under CS server.

Please let me know if need any other details.

Cannot manage Active Directory Certificate Services. Access is denied. 0x80070005 Win32:5

Harshaamrut, Jan 17, 2022
  4. Mary_87 Win User

KB5005413: Mitigating NTLM Relay Attacks on Active Directory Certificate Services AD CS

Microsoft Active Directory Certificate Service

Hi

I have some question on Active Directory Certificate Service:

Currently, we have a Hierarchy PKI in our organization the Root of which use Microsoft Server 2003 Service. Now we want to migrate and make another parallel Hierarchy and using Windows Server 2016 service
    in the new root CA. But we want to set up an interoperability relationship between these two hierarchies. Thinking on using CTL or One-way Cross-Certification, we are not sure which one is more suitable for our situation. What is your suggestion?

My other question is about to include Extended Validation and Friendly Name Properties in my new Standalone Root CA's certificate which will be set up on windows server 2016. We have tried different ways
    to include these properties by use of CApolicy.inf, but we have not made any progress till now. Could you please help us and tell me how we can do this?

Mary_87, Jan 17, 2022
Thema:

KB5005413: Mitigating NTLM Relay Attacks on Active Directory Certificate Services AD CS

1. KB5005413: Mitigating NTLM Relay Attacks on Active Directory Certificate Services AD CS - Similar Threads - KB5005413 Mitigating NTLM

2. Dictionary attack mitigation triggered

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dictionary attack mitigation triggered: Minecraft asked for my Microsoft account PIN while I was trying to download it. I entered it once and it immediately said "The dictionary attack mitigation is triggered and the provided authorization was ignored by the provider." I have only ever had one PIN and this happened...
  3. Dictionary attack mitigation triggered

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dictionary attack mitigation triggered: Minecraft asked for my Microsoft account PIN while I was trying to download it. I entered it once and it immediately said "The dictionary attack mitigation is triggered and the provided authorization was ignored by the provider." I have only ever had one PIN and this happened...
  4. Dictionary attack mitigation triggered

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Dictionary attack mitigation triggered and the provided authorization was ignored by the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dictionary attack mitigation triggered and the provided authorization was ignored by the...: Hello,I know a thread has been posted before about this issue, but I'm having the same problem, with a different twist.Windows seems confused on whether or not my microsoft account has a Windows Hello Pin. It asks me to create a pin, but says I have one and the account has...
  6. Dictionary attack mitigation triggered and the provided authorization was ignored by the...

Dictionary attack mitigation triggered and the provided authorization was ignored by the...: Hello,I know a thread has been posted before about this issue, but I'm having the same problem, with a different twist.Windows seems confused on whether or not my microsoft account has a Windows Hello Pin. It asks me to create a pin, but says I have one and the account has...
  7. KB5005413: Mitigating NTLM Relay Attacks on Active Directory Certificate Services AD CS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5005413: Mitigating NTLM Relay Attacks on Active Directory Certificate Services AD CS: Hello,https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/kb5005413-mitigating-ntlm-relay-attacks-on-active-directory-certificate-services-ad-cs-3612b773-4043-4aa9-b23d-b87910cd3429In order to mitigate the above vulnerability MS has given some steps to perform.we have Certificate...
  8. HOW TO MITIGATE DNS DDOS ATTACK ON TMG.

HOW TO MITIGATE DNS DDOS ATTACK ON TMG.: HOW TO MITIGATE DNS DDOS ATTACK ON TMG. Please reply on this mail ID : *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-to-mitigate-dns-ddos-attack-on-tmg/251e4007-5a98-4b28-bda2-3458b8545ad6
  9. active directory domain service

in Windows 10 Customization
    active directory domain service: When I try to print I get Active Directory Domain Service not installed. How do I download it and install the program? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/active-directory-domain-service/99ace010-8ac1-471a-a5a0-1b1186907e02
  10. Direct Memory Access Attack Mitigation

Direct Memory Access Attack Mitigation: The Microsoft documentation for mitigating DMA attacks includes the DataProtection/AllowDirectMemoryAccess policy. This states: This policy setting allows you to block direct memory access (DMA) for all hot pluggable PCI downstream ports until a user logs into Windows....