Windows 10: KB5005565 - Issue accessing Shared Printer

Discus and support KB5005565 - Issue accessing Shared Printer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; One of the systemsWindows 10 Pro - 21H1 in domain had a shared printer Epson LX-350 which was inaccessible over the network, print works locally... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Amith Naroth Ashok, Sep 16, 2021.

1. KB5005565 - Issue accessing Shared Printer

One of the systemsWindows 10 Pro - 21H1 in domain had a shared printer Epson LX-350 which was inaccessible over the network, print works locally without an Issue.Print was fired from the network system but ends without an error, one of the error logs in administrative Events suggested error 372 and so followed every step as suggested for “PrintNightmare” but unfortunate nothing worked positive. Tried removing the printer from the network desktop and tried to add the shared printer. Now it wass understood that the issue is something restricting the shared printer to be accessed thru any ver

:)

Amith Naroth Ashok, Sep 16, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Printer Sharing Issue

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want the printer to be shared on the network. I’ll certainly help you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• What is the make and model of the printer?

To share the printer on the network, I would suggest you to refer the article on

Share your network printer
    and see if that helps.

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 16, 2021
  3. Home Network and shared printer access problems

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern, as you are having issue with accessing the files and printer within the network and in order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the error message you get, while accessing the file or the Printer using Windows 7 PC?
    • Are you aware of any recent changes on the PC, prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform all the steps in all the PC that are connected in the network as suggested by Roohi Taj on January 8th, 2019
    in this

As an additional information please refer the below articles:

File sharing over a network in Windows 10

Share files in File Explorer

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Sep 16, 2021
  4. newtekie1 Win User

KB5005565 - Issue accessing Shared Printer

Can't share printer—getting error message

Step 1: Go to store.
    Step 2: Buy a less shitty printer.
    Step 3: Pick up some beer while you are there.
    Step 4: Enjoy both your new printer and your beer.

In all seriousness, I have had more issues with Lexmark printers and their shitty drivers then any other manufacturer, HP is a close second though.

However, if you don't want to get a new printer*Laugh :laugh:, and I can understand that, when my Lexmark was giving me the same troubles in Win7(and Vista) I had to make sure the Windows firewall was ON and the firewall service was enabled and running. After I shared it I could re-disable the firewall and firewall services.

newtekie1, Sep 16, 2021
Thema:

KB5005565 - Issue accessing Shared Printer

1. KB5005565 - Issue accessing Shared Printer - Similar Threads - KB5005565 Issue accessing

2. Can't access shared printer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't access shared printer.: I have a windows 10 PC with a shared printer but every time I want to access the shared printer from other PC it always prompt that cannot connect to printer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-access-shared-printer/a2f02dd8-32ff-487e-8ecf-54c93365a1ac
  3. Can't access shared printer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access shared printer.: I have a windows 10 PC with a shared printer but every time I want to access the shared printer from other PC it always prompt that cannot connect to printer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-access-shared-printer/a2f02dd8-32ff-487e-8ecf-54c93365a1ac
  4. Can't access shared printer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to access shared printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access shared printer: When i am trying to connect with shared printer keeps getting User ID and password prompt to get connect. I have turned off network discovery password protection. Tried to the partner host administrator password but no luck,...
  6. Unable to access shared printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to access shared printer: When i am trying to connect with shared printer keeps getting User ID and password prompt to get connect. I have turned off network discovery password protection. Tried to the partner host administrator password but no luck,...
  7. Unable to access shared printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Issues with KB5005565

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issues with KB5005565: We recently rolled out KB5005565 to our user base, and it is consistently causing application issues. The issues vary but they range from trying to at mention someone in Outlook causes Outlook to hang, to opening certain Excel files causing Excel to hang. Some non-microsoft...
  9. Printer Sharing Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer Sharing Issue: A printer is connected to Computer 1 via USB cable. I have enabled printer sharing on that computer. That computer is connected to a wifi router via Ethernet. I want Computer 2 to use the printer. I have enabled printer sharing on both computers. In the Network and Sharing...
  10. Can access Shared Files but not Shared Printers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can access Shared Files but not Shared Printers: I have a small office network with 4 work stations. One of them (we'll call it #2) has 2 printers connected to it that are used by the other Work stations. I can access shared Files and Folders on #2 from #1 just like normal. But the Printers have all the sudden become...