Windows 10: KB5005565 update causes crashes in Excel 2016 and Adobe Reader

Discus and support KB5005565 update causes crashes in Excel 2016 and Adobe Reader in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; We're experiencing some strange issues with Windows update KB5005565 on a number of our windows 10 Pro devices Hardware:Varied, but all are intel core... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Rhydian Wyn Edwards, Sep 16, 2021.

1. KB5005565 update causes crashes in Excel 2016 and Adobe Reader

We're experiencing some strange issues with Windows update KB5005565 on a number of our windows 10 Pro devices Hardware:Varied, but all are intel core devicesOSWindows 10 pro 64 bit, some are new HP builds, others older builds that have been updatesDevice management:All part of MS Intune and AzureAD, users have user permissions onlyOffice software: Microsoft Office 2016, via 365 subscription licence Adobe Acrobat Reader: 2021.007.20091Issue:A user will try and open a specific Excel file in their local sharepoint sync folder or directly via Excel and Excel 2016 will freeze solid with no error m

:)

Rhydian Wyn Edwards, Sep 16, 2021

2. Adobe Reader not opening

Hi Albert,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall Adobe Reader DC
    and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps below to uninstall
    Adobe Reader DC:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click on Programs and Features.

• Look for Adobe Reader DC
      and right click on it and click on uninstall.

• Reboot the computer after uninstall is complete and try to reinstall them.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Sep 16, 2021
  3. Windows 10 and Adobe Reader

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to un-install and re-install the Adobe Reader and check if that helps:

Follow the steps to un-install the Adobe Reader.

• Type control panel
      in the search box.

• Click on programs and features or uninstall a program (depends on what view you are in)

• Right click on Adobe Reader.

• Click on uninstall.

• Go through uninstall Wizard to Uninstall Abode Reader.

Refer to the link given below to Install Adobe Reader.

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Install for all versions

If the issue persists, I would suggest you to contact Adobe support for further assistance.

Adobe Support Community

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Sep 16, 2021
  4. KB5005565 update causes crashes in Excel 2016 and Adobe Reader

Adobe Reader not opening

I re-installed Adobe Reader DC. It worked for a few hours and then stopped working.

Windows diagnostics said the program is incompatible.

What should I try next?

AlbertHochhauser, Sep 16, 2021
Thema:

KB5005565 update causes crashes in Excel 2016 and Adobe Reader

1. KB5005565 update causes crashes in Excel 2016 and Adobe Reader - Similar Threads - KB5005565 update causes

2. adobe reader updater

in Windows 10 Gaming
    adobe reader updater: Do i need adobe reader updater on windows 8.1? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adobe-reader-updater/da907b5e-2a81-4cbe-b65e-c83f970f4bda
  3. adobe reader updater

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    adobe reader updater: Do i need adobe reader updater on windows 8.1? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adobe-reader-updater/da907b5e-2a81-4cbe-b65e-c83f970f4bda
  4. KB5005565 Update with network crash.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB5005565 Update with network crash.: Is it just us or everyone facing the issue of network services Crashed after installing KB5005565 update since last one month.I am waiting for any bug fixes from Microsoft but I am disappointed now it's pathetic now. Printing is severely affected and most of the users facing...
  5. September 14, 2021—KB5005565 update causes my pc to crash.

September 14, 2021—KB5005565 update causes my pc to crash.: The new recent September 14, 2021—KB5005565 update has been causing my pc to reliably crash, the blue screen end message says something about VIDEO FATAL ERROR, could someone help me with this?...
  6. adobe acrobat reader update

adobe acrobat reader update: I attached a screenshot when I try to update adobe acrobat reader this is the results. How can I fix this?[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adobe-acrobat-reader-update/e48788b1-b03c-4f76-8787-49bcbf81e675
  7. Adobe Reader

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Adobe Reader: Came to work, open files, icon for adobe reader is changed, when I try to open a file it defaults to Microsoft Edge where I cannot enter any information on the changed adobe reader....
  8. Adobe Reader

Adobe Reader: It has been a while since I set up a new computer and in the past I could download Adobe Acrobat Reader just fine. However now I can't seem to find a plain vanilla version of it anywhere. They all seem to want me to install McAfee along with it or some version related to the...
  9. Excel 2016

in Windows 10 Customization
    Excel 2016: How do I customize the default date format in Excel 2016 to this -- Mmm dd / yyyy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excel-2016/1e4038d6-9a54-44e0-9556-925b91cef13a
  10. Adobe Reader

Adobe Reader: For few days now my Adobe Reader DC get closed after few seconds after activation,can't read anything.Started after MS update few days ago.Have tried to repair it but get closed too.Have latest version insatalled.Put exclusion in MalverBytes. 123564

Users found this page by searching for:

1. KB5005565 acrobat