Windows 10: KB5006670: Watch out for these issues in Windows 10’s latest update

Discus and support KB5006670: Watch out for these issues in Windows 10’s latest update in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; KB5006670 is part of Windows 10 October 2021 Patch Tuesday and it contains already-tested bug fixes, security updates and improvements for Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Oct 16, 2021.

1. WinLatest New Member

KB5006670: Watch out for these issues in Windows 10’s latest update

KB5006670 is part of Windows 10 October 2021 Patch Tuesday and it contains already-tested bug fixes, security updates and improvements for Windows servicing. By default, this cumulative update is automatically installed for all users as soon as possible, but it seems to be causing new issues for some folks.

KB5006670 is an important security, but it appears that the patch has introduced another printing issue for network-based printers, according to user reports on our forums and social media platforms like Reddit. On social media, administrators have been complaining about printing issues with their network printers after they applied October 2021 Patch.

A bug in the mandatory cumulative update for Windows 10 version 2004 or later prevents users from printing. In a conversation with us, multiple users narrated their poor experience with Windows Update, adding that their network printers stopped working for the third time after these updates.

KB5006670: Watch out for these issues in Windows 10’s latest update KB5006670-issues.jpg

“When printing to a networked printer with Type 4 drivers it doesn’t respond for 15 seconds or so then finally prints. The document says not responding, spins, then finally goes through,” a user highlighted their problem with Windows 10’s October 2021 Patch Tuesday.

“Seems a lot of Windows Servers (2019) after either KB5006765 or (my guess) KB5006672 update have set the network-type to “private” instead of “domain”. This causes incorrect windows-firewall settings to be applied,” one user noted in a Reddit thread.

“Restarting nla-service (network location awareness) solves the problem (network type is domain again) until the next reboot,” they added.

It’s worth noting that the issue is not widespread and not all users are experiencing problems with network printing, but there appear to be some other issues in Windows 10 latest update.

For instance, some users shared their devices are unable to download and install KB5006670, another reported that their device crashes with Blue Screen of Death, while a third highlighted issues with SmartCards and stylus.

Windows Update error 0x8007000d

Windows 10’s freshly released update is also failing to install for some users with error messages like 0x8007000d. This mysterious error message is something that was reported earlier this year and last year. The update failure is also accompanied by other messages error which reads something like: “We’ll try to download the update again later”.

Remember that the error code may vary and it seems to be Microsoft’s fault, so there’s nothing you can do to address the installation failure. There are some workarounds that involves manual installation or Media Creation Tool, but these methods may or may not work

Microsoft hasn’t yet acknowledged issues publicly, nor has it responded to users feedback in the Feedback Hub.

How to uninstall KB5006670 to fix printing issues

If the update has created more problems than it has solved and you want to be able to roll back the device to its previous state, follow these steps to uninstall the patch:

1. Open Settings (just type ‘Settings in Windows Search).
    2. Select ‘Update & Security’ on the ‘Settings’ screen.
    3. On the Windows Update page, open the history tab by clicking on the link.
    4. Click ‘Uninstall updates’. This option is either at the top of the window or in the top-left corner, depending on window size.
    5. Select the update you wish to uninstall. In this case, search for KB5006670 and click the ‘Uninstall’ option.

An update uninstall pop-up will appear and you’ll be asked to reboot your device.

The post KB5006670: Watch out for these issues in Windows 10’s latest update appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Oct 16, 2021

2. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Oct 16, 2021
  3. Melvis Win User
    Windows 10 Anniversary Update Issues

Wow I just updated my Windows 10 to this latest version of 10 (it did it itself) and its so much slower! and again open GL is broken....This OS just gets better and better....

Melvis, Oct 16, 2021
  4. Kursah Win User

Windows 10 Anniversary Update Issues

I know you posted back in August and likely have it already, but this page is useful for those still looking to upgrade to 1607, you can choose to use the new ISO or use this page and download: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12387/windows-10-update-history

Ya some folks have issues and corruption/failed update issues here. I personally haven't had any issues with 1607 on any of my personal rigs or family rigs, but have seen plenty of customer/client PC's. But depending on what your issues really are beyond vague slowness and OpenGL broken I'd start with running an administrative command line and run SFC /Scannnow and see if that resolves any OS corruptions.

Might not hurt to check and verify if the Windows Update cache is corrupted...I've been seeing this issue more on 7 than 10, but I've seen it on both.

Windows Update - Additional resources - Windows Deployment
    Clear the Windows update cache: via cmd, Notepad

Hopefully that will get you in the right direction to resolving issues.

I'd also recommend checking Event Log system logs to see if there's something causing major issues, also if your hard drive is busy, get into Resource Monitor and find out what's taking up those resources. Might not hurt to run a malware scan just in case something was on there and is kicked now and just happened to coincide with the Windows Updates you ran.

*Toast :toast:

Kursah, Oct 16, 2021
Thema:

1. KB5006670: Watch out for these issues in Windows 10’s latest update - Similar Threads - KB5006670 Watch issues

2. Windows 10's Latest Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10's Latest Update: Windows 10's latest update was not what I expected to be. I can't open the start menu, I can't do task view, I can't change the volume, I can't open up the calendar, and I get a file system error when I open up an image or video....
  3. Windows 10's Latest Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10's Latest Update: Windows 10's latest update was not what I expected to be. I can't open the start menu, I can't do task view, I can't change the volume, I can't open up the calendar, and I get a file system error when I open up an image or video....
  4. Windows 10's Latest Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Window 10 Update KB5006670 - Issue with Internet Connect

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window 10 Update KB5006670 - Issue with Internet Connect: Hello All,Just after installing Window 10 Update KB5006670 on Oct 16, I was not able to access the Internet. I have run Troubleshoot on Network Adapter and getting the error: "Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings" Can you please advise how can...
  6. KB5005565: Watch out for these issues in Windows 10’s latest update

in Windows 10 News
    KB5005565: Watch out for these issues in Windows 10’s latest update: Windows 10 KB5005565 update for version 21H2, version 21H1, version 20H2, and version 2004 is apparently plagued with numerous issues. Although Microsoft fixed several bugs with September 2021 cumulative update, it appears that once again the patch has introduced new bugs for...
  7. Windows 10 KB5001330: Watch out for these critical issues in latest update

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB5001330: Watch out for these critical issues in latest update: Some configurations of Windows 10 are encountering more serious problems thanks to a recent update “KB5001330”, with users reporting installation issues, performance issues, temporary user profile bug and worrying system crash. Earlier this week, Microsoft published new...
  8. Windows 10 KB4592438: Watch out for these issues in the latest update

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB4592438: Watch out for these issues in the latest update: With Windows 10 KB4592438 cumulative update, Microsoft has delivered a fix for a highly frustrating ‘Blue Screen of Death’ bug that has been crashing PCs with Intel NVMe SSDs drives since May. Unfortunately, the update comes with multiple issues, according to user reports on...
  9. Windows 10’s latest update is plagued with new issues

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10’s latest update is plagued with new issues: Microsoft ships problematic Windows 10 updates every once in a while and you might just want to skip that update, but some updates are important for your security. Windows 10 KB4528760, which is Microsoft’s important security, is failing to install for many users and the bug...
  10. Watch out for latest Firefox vulnerability

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Watch out for latest Firefox vulnerability: Worldfence published an article about latest Firefox 0-day vulnerability... If you use Firefox, we recommend you temporarily switch browsers to Chrome, Safari or a non-firefox based browser that is secure until the Firefox dev team can release an update. The...