Windows 10: KB5009467 broke my PC

Discus and support KB5009467 broke my PC in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So, in a nutshell, yesterday 30th Jan I ran Windows Update Windows 10 and installed the Cumulative Update KB5009467. Everything appeared fine until I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by danbish, Jan 31, 2022.

1. danbish Win User

KB5009467 broke my PC

So, in a nutshell, yesterday 30th Jan I ran Windows Update Windows 10 and installed the Cumulative Update KB5009467. Everything appeared fine until I tried to turn off my PC - it wouldn't turn off. Selecting Shut Down through the Start menu seemed to go through the standard motions but after the "shutting down" message my screen went blank and my PC just hung, not turning off at all. I left it for quite some time but nothing happened. All I could do was either hit the reset button which sprang my PC back to life or pull the plug which I didn't want to do. Couldn't even restart it either as

:)

danbish, Jan 31, 2022

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jan 31, 2022
  3. Windows 10 broke my steam

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Method 1: Try updating the Video card drivers and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to update the Video card driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Video card listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.

Method 2: Try installing the game in Compatibility mode and check.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Right click the Game setup file and select Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap or click the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click OK.
    • Try installing the Game and check.

If still the issue persist then I suggest you to follow the suggestion provided by crazzilla replied on August 3, 2015 from the below link and check if it helps.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...e/14c5a66e-da78-4969-803d-52337293c6ea?page=1

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 31, 2022
  4. KB5009467 broke my PC

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 31, 2022
Thema:

KB5009467 broke my PC

1. KB5009467 broke my PC - Similar Threads - KB5009467 broke

2. Microsoft store app broke and wouldn't install anything. I removed it using powershell...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft store app broke and wouldn't install anything. I removed it using powershell...: I've followed about a dozen guides now and none have worked. The Microsoft store app is completely missing from my pc now and there's no way to get it back. Pc has been updated/checked for updates and none were found. Internet is working fine. I've used powershell commands to...
  3. Microsoft store app broke and wouldn't install anything. I removed it using powershell...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store app broke and wouldn't install anything. I removed it using powershell...: I've followed about a dozen guides now and none have worked. The Microsoft store app is completely missing from my pc now and there's no way to get it back. Pc has been updated/checked for updates and none were found. Internet is working fine. I've used powershell commands to...
  4. Microsoft store app broke and wouldn't install anything. I removed it using powershell...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows update broke my Bluestacks

Windows update broke my Bluestacks: Hello now that I updated with windows update now my bluestacks is saying unable to initialize graphics how do i get rid of this stupid update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-broke-my-bluestacks/b2a76406-daf9-4b93-b607-3274b077b22d
  6. KB5009467

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5009467: I have installed the above update several times and each time I have problems with connections to external network drives. This causes Office programs to hang when attempting to open or save something to or from the network drive. I have uninstalled the update and everything...
  7. KB5009467

KB5009467: I have installed the above update several times and each time I have problems with connections to external network drives. This causes Office programs to hang when attempting to open or save something to or from the network drive. I have uninstalled the update and everything...
  8. KB5009467

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. KB5009467 broke my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5009467 broke my PC: So, in a nutshell, yesterday 30th Jan I ran Windows Update Windows 10 and installed the Cumulative Update KB5009467. Everything appeared fine until I tried to turn off my PC - it wouldn't turn off. Selecting Shut Down through the Start menu seemed to go through the standard...
  10. KB5009467 broke my PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB5009467 broke my PC: So, in a nutshell, yesterday 30th Jan I ran Windows Update Windows 10 and installed the Cumulative Update KB5009467. Everything appeared fine until I tried to turn off my PC - it wouldn't turn off. Selecting Shut Down through the Start menu seemed to go through the standard...