Windows 10: KB5012170 keeps failing, can i stop update from attempting again ?

Discus and support KB5012170 keeps failing, can i stop update from attempting again ? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; KB5012170 has attempted to install 4 times now but keeps failing and i think it's because of my hardware configuration which won't change any time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by wesvwap, Aug 13, 2022.

1. wesvwap Win User

KB5012170 keeps failing, can i stop update from attempting again ?

KB5012170 has attempted to install 4 times now but keeps failing and i think it's because of my hardware configuration which won't change any time soon... is there a way to disable this particular update for now ?

:)

wesvwap, Aug 13, 2022

2. Windows 10 Updates fails to install even after multiple attempts.

Checking for updates after following the steps, Will inform on the progress of the update process and whether this solves it or nope. Thank you for the suggestion.

[Update]
    The Trick didn't work.

KB5012170 keeps failing, can i stop update from attempting again ? [​IMG]

KB5012170 keeps failing, can i stop update from attempting again ? [​IMG]

The Security Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3074681) which was available, failed to install. And the same story again..

Shadow Delta, Aug 13, 2022
  3. One Drive update keeps failing

Lumia 735 keeps trying to update OneDrive and fails. saw there was a previous post from last year about this problem. Tried the suggestions listed but the update keeps failing

steve_williams, Aug 13, 2022
  4. pebuilder Win User

.WU attempts to install .net 5.0.5 when 5.0.6 is already there

I tried stopping WU update service and renaming "Software Distribution" folder as first step

It seems to have stopped the endless install attempt / fail loop

I will keep my fingers crossed

pebuilder, Aug 13, 2022
Thema:

1. KB5012170 keeps failing, can i stop update from attempting again ? - Similar Threads - KB5012170 keeps failing

2. KB5012170 keeps failing, can i stop update from attempting again ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KB5012170 keeps failing, can i stop update from attempting again ?: KB5012170 has attempted to install 4 times now but keeps failing and i think it's because of my hardware configuration which won't change any time soon... is there a way to disable this particular update for now ?...
  3. KB5012170 keeps failing, can i stop update from attempting again ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB5012170 keeps failing, can i stop update from attempting again ?: KB5012170 has attempted to install 4 times now but keeps failing and i think it's because of my hardware configuration which won't change any time soon... is there a way to disable this particular update for now ?...
  4. Can I stop a KB update from installing - for good? It keeps trying and failing windows 10

Can I stop a KB update from installing - for good? It keeps trying and failing windows 10: Hello folks... My windows 10 computer keeps trying to install a windows KB update called KB5000808. I understand this update is for a printer issue which I do not have. I would like to perinatally stop Microsoft windows update from trying to install this update. I have...
  5. Failed updates, failed attempts at manual update

Failed updates, failed attempts at manual update: Hi, I've been unable to download some updates. Manual updates have also not worked. BACKGROUND System - Windows 10 Pro 1909 - 64 bit Additional security program - Malwarebytes FAILED UPDATES 03/01/2020 – KB2267602 version 1.311.368.0 - error...
  6. Stop update attempts ........

Stop update attempts ........: ....... My Win 10 PC has a 32 G drive. After several updates Windows takes up over 20 G I keep getting update popups The latest says I can add (temporary) external drive for update. It is now to the point that even after the external usb stick attempt I get a not...
  7. Failed update attempt

Failed update attempt: my pc has been trying to update to Windows 10 but it never is successful. It screws up the start every time as it has to undo all changes. This last time it has caused an endless loop of trying to start. I can hit delete to get into aptio setup utility but not sure what to do...
  8. Update install attempts failing

Update install attempts failing: Hi, I have recently been unable to successfully install an update: 2018-07 cumulative update for windows 10 version 1803 for x64-based systems (KB4338819). The error code comes up as 0x800f0922. For context, the update for 2018-06 cumulative update for windows 10 version...
  9. Stopping version 1703 from installing after failed attempt

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Stopping version 1703 from installing after failed attempt: Colleagues: Yesterday, my Windows 10 machine did its routine update, which included an attempt to install version 1703 of the Creators Update (I had failed to turn on "defer feature updates"). Nevertheless, the install failed because it wanted me to uninstall my antivirus...
  10. Update from 1607 to 1703 failing (again!)

Update from 1607 to 1703 failing (again!): If you look up my threads, you'll find that last winter going from 1511 to a properly working 1607 proved impossible after seven tries, so I cleared the system SSD, disconnected all the other HDD/SSD's and did a clean reinstall. Well, same thing is happening with 1611 to...