Windows 10: KB5012643 for Windows 11 may crash some .Net apps

Discus and support KB5012643 for Windows 11 may crash some .Net apps in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft released the preview update KB5012643 for Windows 11 on April 25, 2022. Preview updates are not installed automatically via Windows Update;... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, May 4, 2022.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

KB5012643 for Windows 11 may crash some .Net apps

Microsoft released the preview update KB5012643 for Windows 11 on April 25, 2022. Preview updates are not installed automatically via Windows Update; Microsoft uses the previews to test the updates and fix potential issues that come up through user reports or Telemetry data.

KB5012643 for Windows 11 may crash some .Net apps windows-11-KB5012643-app-crash-issue.png

It appears that the April 2022 preview update for Windows 11 is causing issues with certain .NET Framework applications after it is installed on devices.

An entry under known issues provides the following information to IT administrators:

After installing this update, some .NET Framework 3.5 apps might have issues or might fail to open. Affected apps are using certain optional components in .NET Framework 3.5, such as Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) and Windows Workflow (WWF) components.

The issue appears limited to certain applications that use optional .NET Framework 3.5 components. Microsoft does not provide examples of such applications, but users may notice crashes or other issues when launching affected applications on Windows 11 devices.

Microsoft suggests two mitigations to deal with the issue:

1. Remove the Windows update KB5012643 from the device. Administrators may do so in the following way:
      • Open Start and type Windows Update Settings.
      • Select View Update History and then Uninstall Update.
      • Locate KB5012643 in the list, select it, and then activate the uninstall action.
    2. Re-enable .NET Framework 3.5 and the Windows Communication Foundation in Windows Features. IT administrators may run the following comments from an elevated command prompt window to do so:
      • dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:netfx3 /all
      • dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:WCF-HTTP-Activation
      • dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:WCF-NonHTTP-Activation

Microsoft plans to release a fix in "an upcoming update". It is unclear if this could be in next week's Patch Day updates of May 2022, or if the issue will be fixed in a future update.

Windows 10 preview updates do not appear to cause the issue on systems they are installed on.

Closing Words

Preview updates, which Microsoft releases at the end of every month, are beta updates. I recommend to install preview updates only if they address a major issue that is experienced on a device, otherwise, it may be better to wait for the final release on the next Patch Day.

It is possible that the issue will still be present in the coming May 2022 Patch Day update; if that is the case, users may address the issue by following Microsoft's suggestions listed above.

Now You: do you run .NET applications?

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post KB5012643 for Windows 11 may crash some .Net apps appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, May 4, 2022
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, May 4, 2022
  3. GSquadron Win User
    C# .net windows apps programming

hi,
    i am having a very hard time on finding a book on C# .net windows apps programming.
    Can anyway help with this? I means how to create desktop windows applications using C# with .net framework.
    I know video tutorials, i want to learn through a book.

GSquadron, May 4, 2022
  4. Arun B J Win User

IE 11 not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet Explorer. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Explorer.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/internet-explorer/ie-crashes-stops-working#ie=ie-11

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, May 4, 2022
Thema:

1. KB5012643 for Windows 11 may crash some .Net apps - Similar Threads - KB5012643 may crash

2. Some Windows Store Apps Are Crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some Windows Store Apps Are Crashing: I'm running Windows 11. Things were working fine until one day about half a dozen or more Windows store apps refused to run properly. They start where you can see some portion of the window as it is starting up then they crash. I have searched the Internet about this and...
  3. Some Windows Store Apps Are Crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some Windows Store Apps Are Crashing: I'm running Windows 11. Things were working fine until one day about half a dozen or more Windows store apps refused to run properly. They start where you can see some portion of the window as it is starting up then they crash. I have searched the Internet about this and...
  4. Windows 11 Extremely Slow after KB5012643

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Extremely Slow after KB5012643: Ever since the update mentioned in the title, the Windows 11 bootup process has been extremely slow. Like it went from 10 seconds to a good 3-4 minutes before I can use it. It'll boot up in 2 minutes, but CPU usage would be so high I can't do anything until it settles down....
  5. Windows 11 Extremely Slow after KB5012643

Windows 11 Extremely Slow after KB5012643: Ever since the update mentioned in the title, the Windows 11 bootup process has been extremely slow. Like it went from 10 seconds to a good 3-4 minutes before I can use it. It'll boot up in 2 minutes, but CPU usage would be so high I can't do anything until it settles down....
  6. installing Windows 11 updates KB5012159 and KB5012643

in Windows 10 Gaming
    installing Windows 11 updates KB5012159 and KB5012643: Is there ANY way of installing the KB5012159 and KB 5012643 updates on Windows 11? I have tried everything to no avail. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-windows-11-updates-kb5012159-and/ff150020-3520-4a9f-8fcd-fd073c7aa873
  7. installing Windows 11 updates KB5012159 and KB5012643

installing Windows 11 updates KB5012159 and KB5012643: Is there ANY way of installing the KB5012159 and KB 5012643 updates on Windows 11? I have tried everything to no avail. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-windows-11-updates-kb5012159-and/ff150020-3520-4a9f-8fcd-fd073c7aa873
  8. Some apps crash on start

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some apps crash on start: The issue came up yesterday. Some apps on my computer won’t start and I don’t understand why this is happening https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-apps-crash-on-start/3029d2b8-8d96-4d37-8f63-17802031df65
  9. some apps and games crashing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    some apps and games crashing: hi please help me with this. it happend to me in all my win 10 pcs why this problem didnt get solved already evry time my apps and games working and then stuuf just not loading i tried everything.Guides and tutorials.Nothing helps.There was one solution with powershell but...
  10. Some apps crash on startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Some apps crash on startup: Hey guys, I just upgraded to Windows 10 and some apps and accessories aren't working for me. Microsoft Edge doesn't open or do anything when I click the taskbar icon for it. When I try to open System Information it opens for a second then sends an error report for crashing....