Windows 10: KB5013889 update prevents ethernet speeds above 100 Mbps

Discus and support KB5013889 update prevents ethernet speeds above 100 Mbps in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Installation of "June 14, 2022-KB5013889 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 11" prevents ethernet port speeds above 100 Mbps.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tradefor, Jun 26, 2022.

1. Tradefor Win User

KB5013889 update prevents ethernet speeds above 100 Mbps

Installation of "June 14, 2022-KB5013889 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 11" prevents ethernet port speeds above 100 Mbps. Even after attempting driver reinstallation. Uninstalling KB allows full 1Gbps communication.Driver effectedKB5013889 update prevents ethernet speeds above 100 Mbps :providerRealtek Semiconductor Corp.NameRTKVHD64.sysVersion6.0.1.8186Date6/14/2017

:)

Tradefor, Jun 26, 2022

2. cannot exceed 100 mbps

6/22/2020

I subscribe to Spectrum for their ultra fast internet. Their tech came to my house and said that he measured a speed of 400 plus mbps at the modem. He said the refurbished router (that Spectrum also provided) may not be performing
    to max and that I should purchase a new router (just to be sure). I did. It did not however change my receiving/sending speeds when using Spectrum's suggested speed test site. I then called Spectrum back and they said my PCI adapter, even though connected
    from the router via an ethernet cable to my desktop's PCI card's adapter directly, still was limited to 100/100 mbps. (Also, my laptop tested at the same exact speed of 94 mbps via wi-fi!) They said the slow internet speeds were due to my computers not
    being able to receive or send the faster internet speeds. So, I asked my friend who suggested that I ask Microsoft if there is a way to increase the speed, apparently limited by my Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller (on my Desktop). My tech friend said that
    the PCI card mentioned could handle up to 1GB speeds. So, how do I increase the PCI network adapter's speed to accept the 400 mbps speeds. Or is that even verifiable, since my laptops network adapter's speed was limited to 144 mbps and also only received/sent
    94 mbps?

My internet speeds seem to be adequate for my computer use. It's just that I cannot verify that I am getting any of the speeds they say they guarantee. I was hoping that an increase in internet speed would help my television's (ethernet cabled) receiving
    speeds.

So, in sum: 1) Can I change the limits on either of my computers' network adapters? and,

2) How can I measure and verify that Spectrum is really sending me the faster internet speeds they guarantee?

Steve

StevenSippel, Jun 26, 2022
  3. wifi speed degradation in win 10 laptop

I am more confused now. I have 100/100 Mbps fios. the laptop achieves a speed of 101/118 when it is restarted. that to me means my settings are proper. Within 24 hours the upload speed drops to near 35-40 Mbps. At that point a simple restart of the laptop
    brings the speed back to 100/118 Mbps range. That to me suggests that some processes within the computer are limiting the upload speed. all other computers are working at the specified FIOS speeds. I have tried using Ethernet as well as wifi.

AllenMertig, Jun 26, 2022
  4. KB5013889 update prevents ethernet speeds above 100 Mbps

slow ETHERNET speeds win 10 64 home lenovo laptop

I surrender!!!! I printed out the list of suggestions, followed them all ..no luck. I contacted lenovo for support as the laptop is still under warranty. They want to sell me a software warranty, before they'll doing anything else.!!!!! I contacted my internet
    provider, went into modem and made sure IPV6 was enabled, Best download was 100 mbps. They said it's not on them. I dusted off my old HP laptop running Win 7 pro plugged in the ethernet cable and 325 mbps. Hasn't been used since March.

It's either Win 10 software or AMD processor????

I bought this brand new last March plugged in ethernet cable and 70- 80 mbps, at the time my internet service was only offering 100. I didn't pay much attention to it because I didn't need the speed. Now I do. I have an appointment with the Geek squad tomorrow.
    Keep an eye on the news ..lol

Thanks

Harry Verderci, Jun 26, 2022
Thema:

KB5013889 update prevents ethernet speeds above 100 Mbps

1. KB5013889 update prevents ethernet speeds above 100 Mbps - Similar Threads - KB5013889 update prevents

2. Upload speed under 1 mbps on ethernet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upload speed under 1 mbps on ethernet: So I have gigabit internet and have never had a problem on my computer until about a month ago but I haven't had the time to figure it out till today and all that I have done is make the problem worse. I had an issue where my download speed was 800-900 range which is what I...
  3. Upload speed under 1 mbps on ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Upload speed under 1 mbps on ethernet: So I have gigabit internet and have never had a problem on my computer until about a month ago but I haven't had the time to figure it out till today and all that I have done is make the problem worse. I had an issue where my download speed was 800-900 range which is what I...
  4. Ethernet Link Speed at 10 Mbps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet Link Speed at 10 Mbps: Hello, I have been having some slow ethernet. I went through the settings and in the properties for mt connection it says the link speed transmit/receive is at 10/10 Mbps. When I try wifi its capped at 520 Mbps but its very unstable most of the time, so I want to use...
  5. Ethernet Link Speed at 10 Mbps

Ethernet Link Speed at 10 Mbps: Hello, I have been having some slow ethernet. I went through the settings and in the properties for mt connection it says the link speed transmit/receive is at 10/10 Mbps. When I try wifi its capped at 520 Mbps but its very unstable most of the time, so I want to use...
  6. KB5013889 update prevents ethernet speeds above 100 Mbps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5013889 update prevents ethernet speeds above 100 Mbps: Installation of "June 14, 2022-KB5013889 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 11" prevents ethernet port speeds above 100 Mbps. Even after attempting driver reinstallation. Uninstalling KB allows full 1Gbps communication.Driver effected:ProviderRealtek...
  7. Ethernet speed capped at 100 Mbps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet speed capped at 100 Mbps: I have a Lenovo Legion T5 28IMB05, and my Ethernet connection is capped at 100 Mbps.Things I have already tried and didn't work:Switch to another cable. Originally, I had a CAT5e and as my speed was capped, I bought a CAT6. It didn't help though I'm still using itForce the...
  8. Ethernet speed capped at 100 Mbps

Ethernet speed capped at 100 Mbps: I have a Lenovo Legion T5 28IMB05, and my Ethernet connection is capped at 100 Mbps.Things I have already tried and didn't work:Switch to another cable. Originally, I had a CAT5e and as my speed was capped, I bought a CAT6. It didn't help though I'm still using itForce the...
  9. Ethernet speed capped at 100 Mbps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. Link speed (Receive/Transmit) 100/100 (Mbps)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Link speed (Receive/Transmit) 100/100 (Mbps): I have internet that goes up to 200 Mbps but when i go into Ethernet setting I can only get up to 100 Mbps. I have checked both sides of the cable and all of the pins seem to be fine. I've done everything in the settings. I have a Cat5e cable, it is fairly old at this point...