Windows 10: KB5014699 screwed up my USB Tethered hotspot option.

Discus and support KB5014699 screwed up my USB Tethered hotspot option. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; FYI, the most current cumulative update (KB5014699) totally fucked up my mobile hotspot enabled from a usb tethered connection. I could no longer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/boarlizard, Jun 17, 2022.

1. KB5014699 screwed up my USB Tethered hotspot option.

FYI, the most current cumulative update (KB5014699) totally fucked up my mobile hotspot enabled from a usb tethered connection. I could no longer access specific sites and apps (reddit and discord among others). Uninstalling the patch fixed the issue.

submitted by /u/boarlizard
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/boarlizard, Jun 17, 2022
  2. garym123 Win User

usb tethering

Can't USB tether.

Get a wifi USB device for your desktop and connect to the hotspot on your phone. only way

garym123, Jun 17, 2022
  3. Ariel Acu Win User
    Mobile Hotspot via USB tethered cell phone

Hi Phattie,

Just to clarify, are you trying to share the internet connection received by your Windows 10 laptop to other devices you have like Xbox? If so, we suggest to enable Mobile Hotspot feature on your Windows 10 by performing the following steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Network & Internet.
    • Click Mobile Hotspot tab on the left pane.
    • Turn on the "Share my Internet connection with other devices".
    • If you want to edit network info, click Edit.
    • Check your other device if it will detect your Windows 10 Mobile hotspot feature.

Let us know how it goes.

Ariel Acu, Jun 17, 2022
  4. garym123 Win User

KB5014699 screwed up my USB Tethered hotspot option.

USB Internet tethering

Have to do the last one first. You knew the answer to your question when you posted, popular request at Microsoft site.

Up to the manufacturer? No. To be able to tether a phone a USB modem driver has to be installed as part of the USB cable driver. See a modem?

Safety of WiFi? It's pretty safe when your phone is creating the Wi/Fi connection.

Using the phone as a modem, USB tethering, is old technology. Using the phone to create a WiFi Hotspot for several devices is the new technology. Wouldn't want to tke a step back would we.

garym123, Jun 17, 2022
Thema:

KB5014699 screwed up my USB Tethered hotspot option.

1. KB5014699 screwed up my USB Tethered hotspot option. - Similar Threads - KB5014699 screwed USB

2. kb5014699 update Hotspot issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    kb5014699 update Hotspot issue: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/june-14-2022-kb5014699-os-builds-19042-1766-19043-1766-and-19044-1766-5c81d49d-0b6e-4808-9485-1f54e5d1bb15After several laptops installed this update, we are experiencing problems with Hotspot on them. Corporate laptops are different:...
  3. USB Tethering Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Tethering Not Working: PIA VPN Network AdapterLocal Area Connection LAC and Tap-Windows Adapter V9 Local Area Connection 2 LAC 2 = Network cable unplugged; big red crosses next to them; status greyed out. However, Samsung Mobile USB Remote NDIS Network Device Ethernet 2 = status: enabled; IPv4...
  4. USB tethering

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB tethering: How to get rid of auto-generated sequence number in network's device name in Windows 10 while USB tethering? My computer is showing Network 46 right now. Ask Question https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-tethering/8636e2fe-31ce-4fbe-8812-10e0f176a39e
  5. USB Tethering

USB Tethering: Hi! I am already sittting on this problem for multiple hours now. I tried to connect my phone per USB Tethering, like I normally and have normally done, for the past couple weeks, since my Router went bye-bye. But this time, it wouldn´t connect. I tried fixing it by not...
  6. USB TETHERING

USB TETHERING: Hello, Usb tethering isn't working for me. i tried everything. Different usb cable, restarting pc and phone, updating pc and phone. I tried to go to device manager and fix it through there but i couldn't find Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device. Can anyone please...
  7. Hotspot and tethering issues

Hotspot and tethering issues: I am at a complete loss with regards to what is going on with my hotspot connection between my Windows 10 laptop and Xiaomi mi9SE smartphone. I have tried various processes of elimination to try to diagnose the issue but finding it incredibly difficult and frustrating because...
  8. USB Tethering Driver.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Tethering Driver.: I need help with USB Tethering File Transfers from my LG LML212VL Rebel 4 Cell Phone to my Windows 10 Dell Laptop. Help! Looking for a Driver. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-tethering-driver/1e201c99-8f04-4e54-a8ba-c0dbdfa29291
  9. Hotspot tethering

Hotspot tethering: I am unable to connect to internet when trying to connect with hotspot tethering from my iphone, but works with other phones. I am using Windows 10 on my laptop. Internet looks connected when connected through iphone hotspot without any internet access...
  10. Usb Tethering

Usb Tethering: Something unusual is happening with me... i was unable to connect to a minecraft server due to slow internet connection but when i connect via usb Tethering it give me a boost enough to connect in that server or any else but the weird thing is that within 5-10 sec my...