Windows 10: KB5014699 security update | mobile hotspot issue + solution

Discus and support KB5014699 security update | mobile hotspot issue + solution in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; In case your Windows 10's mobile hotspot got buggy after installing this update, the solution is obviously to uninstall it. The issue is: Enabling... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/vaz3g, Jun 25, 2022.

1. /u/vaz3g Win User

KB5014699 security update | mobile hotspot issue + solution

/u/vaz3g, Jun 25, 2022

2. Mobile Hotspot

We appreciate that you have tried the suggested steps above. Have you tried to connect other devices to the mobile hotspot on your PC?

Since the issue is still the same, we suggest that you uninstall/reinstall the network adapter driver and check if this will resolve the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager

• Locate for Network adaptor and click on it expand it.

• Right click on the device and click on
      uninstall

• Once you are done uninstalling the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the generic network adapter driver.

We can also update the network adapter driver. Skip step 3 from the above steps and right click on the device and click on update.

Feel free to post back for any updates.

Jennifer Bri, Jun 26, 2022
  3. Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot Problem

Hi John,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with on Windows 10.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• Have you checked the issues with other network connection?

I suggest you to refer to the steps provided in the Microsoft Help Article and check if it helps.

Use your Windows PC as a mobile hotspot

Please get back to us with an update on Wi-Fi hotspot issue, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jun 26, 2022
  4. KB5014699 security update | mobile hotspot issue + solution

Mobile hotspot??

Hi,

Seeing other Wi-Fi range on your device is normal, especially, other devices that are configured for mobile hotspot. To provide you the appropriate steps that can resolve your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Where did you see the Wi-Fi name and password? A screenshot of it is highly appreciated.
    • Does your mobile hotspot name and password is also shown on it?
    • Are you getting any connection issues on your mobile hotspot?

Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Zedrick Del, Jun 26, 2022
Thema:

KB5014699 security update | mobile hotspot issue + solution

1. KB5014699 security update | mobile hotspot issue + solution - Similar Threads - KB5014699 security update

2. On installing Microsoft security update KB5014699, mobile hotspot is not working, any solution?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    On installing Microsoft security update KB5014699, mobile hotspot is not working, any solution?: Microsoft has a recent update numbered KB5014699. After the update, on turning on mobile hotspot, internet on mobile works however internet does not works on laptop....
  3. On installing Microsoft security update KB5014699, mobile hotspot is not working, any solution?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    On installing Microsoft security update KB5014699, mobile hotspot is not working, any solution?: Microsoft has a recent update numbered KB5014699. After the update, on turning on mobile hotspot, internet on mobile works however internet does not works on laptop....
  4. On installing Microsoft security update KB5014699, mobile hotspot is not working, any solution?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Issue with mobile hotspot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with mobile hotspot: Hello MS community, greetings from Bangladesh! I have a Dell Inspiron 14 3000 series laptop running the latest W10 build. All my drivers are up to date. I use broadband internet connection through ethernet cable. Recently after installing the W10 June 2022 update, I'm facing...
  6. Issue with mobile hotspot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with mobile hotspot: Hello MS community, greetings from Bangladesh! I have a Dell Inspiron 14 3000 series laptop running the latest W10 build. All my drivers are up to date. I use broadband internet connection through ethernet cable. Recently after installing the W10 June 2022 update, I'm facing...
  7. Issue with mobile hotspot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. kb5014699 update Hotspot issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    kb5014699 update Hotspot issue: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/june-14-2022-kb5014699-os-builds-19042-1766-19043-1766-and-19044-1766-5c81d49d-0b6e-4808-9485-1f54e5d1bb15After several laptops installed this update, we are experiencing problems with Hotspot on them. Corporate laptops are different:...
  9. Mobile Hotspot Issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mobile Hotspot Issues: Hi, I've been using my laptop as a mobile hotspot for my devices (iPhone and iPad) but it stopped working and is showing to have "No Internet Connection" despite my laptop having no problems connecting with the Wi-Fi. I tried troubleshooting the Network Adapter and in the...
  10. Mobile Hotspot Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mobile Hotspot Issue: I'm unable to share my LAN internet (from a Windows 10 ASUS laptop ) through mobile hotspot on my phone. I have checked the hosted network status on command prompt, and it says 'Not Available' On typing netsh wlan start hostednetwork on cmd, it says "The hosted network...