Windows 10: KB5016629 Causing BitLocker to ask for Key

Discus and support KB5016629 Causing BitLocker to ask for Key in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Over the weekend we started rolling out the August 2022 Cumulative Updates KB5016629 and KB5016616 to computers in our organization. This morning we... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Brady Yeoman, Aug 15, 2022.

1. KB5016629 Causing BitLocker to ask for Key

Over the weekend we started rolling out the August 2022 Cumulative Updates KB5016629 and KB5016616 to computers in our organization. This morning we have received a dozen or so requests for the Bitlocker Encryption Key on computers that have been restarted since installing the update. The computers are running Windows 10 Pro and Windows 11 Pro and are in a domain environment. Updates are managed through our WSUS server. So far the patch has been installed on 220 computers and as I mentioned before 12 computers or so have requested the Bitlocker key so far. We have paused the update whil

:)

Brady Yeoman, Aug 15, 2022
  2. TassLorad Win User

After installing update KB5016629 on Windows 11 - BitLocker blue screen is shown

After installing the Windows 11 update KB5016629 (OS Build 22000.856) my laptop is displaying the BitLocker blue screen and I cannot get the BitLocker key. I have spoken to my business administrator and they cannot get it either.

I've gone into the 3 different places where my BitLocker key is supposed to be and they are all blank... When setting up this laptop there was never anything asking if I wanted to install BitLocker or not, if there was I know I would've saved it.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get access back to my PC?

TassLorad, Aug 15, 2022
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Xylee Del, Aug 15, 2022
  4. Ernie San Win User

KB5016629 Causing BitLocker to ask for Key

Bitlocker

Hello Nandana,

To enable BitLocker on your computer, you follow the steps below:

• Sign in to your Windows account with an administrator access.
    • Press the Windows key.
    • Type and enter BitLocker.
    • Click Turn on BitLocker.
    • If the system is asking to sing in to administrator access, please do so.
    For additional information about BitLocker, we suggest that you check the frequently ask question on this
    link. The link provided applies to Windows 8.1 to higher version.

If you have other concerns, don't hesitate to reach us.

Ernie San, Aug 15, 2022
Thema:

KB5016629 Causing BitLocker to ask for Key

1. KB5016629 Causing BitLocker to ask for Key - Similar Threads - KB5016629 Causing BitLocker

2. Bitlocker ask for Bitlocker key after BIOS update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker ask for Bitlocker key after BIOS update: This is the solution for people who dont access to the Bitlocker key on their microsoft account:Download the previous version of your laptop or computer BIOS, if you dont know which one was look for the current version and go back and use the bios flash utility with every...
  3. KB5016616 and KB5016629 Causing BitLocker to ask for Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5016616 and KB5016629 Causing BitLocker to ask for Key: Over the weekend we started rolling out the August 2022 Cumulative Updates KB5016629 and KB5016616 to computers in our organization. This morning we have received a dozen or so requests for the Bitlocker Encryption Key on computers that have been restarted since installing...
  4. KB5016616 and KB5016629 Causing BitLocker to ask for Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KB5016616 and KB5016629 Causing BitLocker to ask for Key: Over the weekend we started rolling out the August 2022 Cumulative Updates KB5016629 and KB5016616 to computers in our organization. This morning we have received a dozen or so requests for the Bitlocker Encryption Key on computers that have been restarted since installing...
  5. KB5016616 and KB5016629 Causing BitLocker to ask for Key

6. KB5016629 Causing BitLocker to ask for Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5016629 Causing BitLocker to ask for Key: Over the weekend we started rolling out the August 2022 Cumulative Updates KB5016629 and KB5016616 to computers in our organization. This morning we have received a dozen or so requests for the Bitlocker Encryption Key on computers that have been restarted since installing...
  7. Windows is asking for Bitlocker Recovery Key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows is asking for Bitlocker Recovery Key: Windows is asking for BitLocker Recovery Key.I've already been forwarded to link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/find-my-bitlocker-recovery-key-fd2b3501-a4b9-61e9-f5e6-2a545ad77b3eHowever my windows account says I don't have any recovery keys associated with my...
  8. Laptop asking for Bitlocker Recovery Key

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop asking for Bitlocker Recovery Key: My laptop has recently been stuck in a boot-loop where it keeps booting to the blue recovery menu probably because Windows is corrupted. I am unable to reset the computer as the drive is encrypted with bitlocker and I need a BitLocker Recovery Key. The problem is that I...
  9. Asking for bitlocker key after switching on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Asking for bitlocker key after switching on: I have a Dell laptop which is about 4-5 MO this old and just got the motherboard changed, and after switching on, it is asking for bitlocker key. I have never set up a bitlocker recovery nor do I have a key. I logged into the Microsoft account to check and it said that my C...
  10. Asking for Bitlocker recovery key on login

Asking for Bitlocker recovery key on login: So I was playing with BIOS settings for reformatting my laptop and reinstalling Windows using bootable USB drive. I didn't succeed and I probably did something stupid. Now I'm not able to login into my laptop. It's asking me for bitlocker recovery key on both disabled and...