Windows 10: KB5016629 OS Build 22000.856 Did not solve my Start Menu not working any other ideas?

Discus and support KB5016629 OS Build 22000.856 Did not solve my Start Menu not working any other ideas? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After the August Security update for Windows 11, my taskbar and Start Menu were not working. The Start button turn red when I hover over it. I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RichardHeldmann, Aug 12, 2022.

1. KB5016629 OS Build 22000.856 Did not solve my Start Menu not working any other ideas?

After the August Security update for Windows 11, my taskbar and Start Menu were not working. The Start button turn red when I hover over it. I've managed to get most of the taskbar working outside of the volume and date/time not appearing in the taskbar.KB5016629 did not solve my Start Menu not working any other ideas?Any help appreciated. Thank you.

:)

RichardHeldmann, Aug 12, 2022

2. Cumulative updates for Windows 10 and Windows 11 - August 2022

Thank you Sumit, comprehensively given as usual.

August 9, 2022—KB5016629 (OS Build 22000.856)

Now at V21H2 b.22000.856

Quick install, no problems.

Davy.

Davy-Delliott, Aug 12, 2022
  3. fg2001 Win User
    fg2001, Aug 12, 2022
  4. Karla Alm Win User

KB5016629 OS Build 22000.856 Did not solve my Start Menu not working any other ideas?

Windows 10 Start menu not working?

Hello,

We would like to know more so we could assist you better. Kindly clarify the following:

• What is your OS build and version?
    • Are you getting the same error message when you try to access the Start Menu by clicking the Windows key alone and also the Start Menu on the left side of your desktop?

For the meantime, we suggest that you follow these steps to be able to use Cortana/ Search:

• Check for updates.
    • Restart your device.
    • Try the troubleshooter.
    • Create a new local administrator account.
    • Reset your PC.

For more information regarding the steps above, kindly refer to this link.

Should you have other concerns, let us know.

Karla Alm, Aug 12, 2022
Thema:

KB5016629 OS Build 22000.856 Did not solve my Start Menu not working any other ideas?

1. KB5016629 OS Build 22000.856 Did not solve my Start Menu not working any other ideas? - Similar Threads - KB5016629 Build 22000

2. Start menu isn't working [SOLVED]

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu isn't working [SOLVED]: Hello there, after some events my start menu is not working anymore, here is the full story of what happened:I loaded from usb stick to another copy of windows, tried to access my user folder on main drive i needed to copy a file but i failed to do so. After that i loaded...
  3. KB5016629 OS Build 22000.856 Did not solve my Start Menu not working any other ideas?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5016629 OS Build 22000.856 Did not solve my Start Menu not working any other ideas?: After the August Security update for Windows 11, my taskbar and Start Menu were not working. The Start button turn red when I hover over it. I've managed to get most of the taskbar working outside of the volume and date/time not appearing in the taskbar.KB5016629 did not...
  4. Any ideas on how to fix my start menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any ideas on how to fix my start menu?: [ATTACH] Have noticed this weirdness in my shutdown menu... also a few of my icons are missing (the shutdown icon) from the start menu. Not sure what has caused and not sure how to fix... any ideas? Happy to give more info if needed!...
  5. Start Menu, Taskbar and other buttons not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start Menu, Taskbar and other buttons not working: I recently have been getting problems with my Windows 10 PC where the taskbar itself works fine, but clicking on the Start Menu button, volume button or wifi button does absolutely nothing and nothing appears. I'm unable to access any settings because my Start Menu doesn't...
  6. Can’t update for Windows, any ideas how to solve this?

Can’t update for Windows, any ideas how to solve this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/beaststriker2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fl6arh/cant_update_for_windows_any_ideas_how_to_solve/
  7. Start Menu not working (Build 1903)

Start Menu not working (Build 1903): Couple of days ago my start menu stopped opening. This is before start menu is pressed : https://imgur.com/a/8S7NLTv After start menu is pressed/Windows button is pressed (just the start menu greys as if it has opened) : https://imgur.com/a/Ff9p6pI If I start typing after...
  8. Start Menu not working and other assorted issues.

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu not working and other assorted issues.: Just about a year ago I bought a Lenovo Thinkpad E475. Things worked well for a while but then it went downhill. The first thing was that the start menu stopped working. To remedy it, I reinstalled Windows 10 this January. However, the first week all the issues came back...
  9. start menu and other apps not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    start menu and other apps not working: whenever I click on my start button a blue message pops up saying 'Critical Error' and it asks me to sign out. I also can't use the search bar, Spotify or even go into my settings. Is there something wrong with my PC or is it just some sort of a bug? I would appreciate it if...
  10. Where did my start menu go?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where did my start menu go?: Hi guys! Last night my computer restarted and did some updates, and this morning I no longer have a start menu? I can right click on the task bar to get a context menu, but hitting the windows symbol, or pressing the windows key on my keyboard no longer works! Task...