Windows 10: KB5039211 - Broke my browsers.

Discus and support KB5039211 - Broke my browsers. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I installed KB5039211 security update on Win10 Pro, then certain controls in all my browsers stopped working same symptom in Chrome, Firefox, Opera and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by real_mikenco, Jun 12, 2024.

1. KB5039211 - Broke my browsers.

I installed KB5039211 security update on Win10 Pro, then certain controls in all my browsers stopped working same symptom in Chrome, Firefox, Opera and Brave. The submit button in ChatGPT stopped working, as did the 'show password' button in LastPass.I uninstalled the update and they work again.I'd rather keep the security update, but can't find what system wide setting would break the browsers like that!?Any ideas?

:)

real_mikenco, Jun 12, 2024

2. defualt browser

Hi Llyan,

If you're having issues with setting a default browser, it can be due to some changes in the configuration settings. To assist you with your concern, we recommend that you set your preferred browser as the default by following the steps listed below:

• Type Settings in the Search bar and press
      Enter
    • Choose System then click on Default apps.
    • Scroll down, and click Set defaults by app option.
    • Click on your preferred browser, then click Choose defaults for this program.
    • Click Select all, then Save.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Jun 12, 2024
  3. Windows 10 broke my steam

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Method 1: Try updating the Video card drivers and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to update the Video card driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Video card listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.

Method 2: Try installing the game in Compatibility mode and check.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Right click the Game setup file and select Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap or click the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click OK.
    • Try installing the Game and check.

If still the issue persist then I suggest you to follow the suggestion provided by crazzilla replied on August 3, 2015 from the below link and check if it helps.

Redirecting

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 12, 2024
  4. KB5039211 - Broke my browsers.

Unable to set default browser

• Does this issue happens while you try to set other browser as default too or is it specific to specific browser?

Any browser.

Already did the steps you suggested. It's some kind of bug where it's impossible to set a default browser at all.

I heard elsewhere from one other user
    that it seems to be a problem with upgrading to 10 on the SP3. Sounds very specifc.

guustavooo, Jun 12, 2024
Thema:

KB5039211 - Broke my browsers.

1. KB5039211 - Broke my browsers. - Similar Threads - KB5039211 Broke browsers

2. Updates KB5039211 and KB5039212 broke the Generic Text Driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updates KB5039211 and KB5039212 broke the Generic Text Driver: We have a handful of computers that have to use this driver for the label maker. I am having to uninstall this update on a daily basis and I am curious if Microsoft is coming out with a patch for this issue. This is effecting both Windows 10 and Windows 11 machines. Since...
  3. Updates KB5039211 and KB5039212 broke the Generic Text Driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updates KB5039211 and KB5039212 broke the Generic Text Driver: We have a handful of computers that have to use this driver for the label maker. I am having to uninstall this update on a daily basis and I am curious if Microsoft is coming out with a patch for this issue. This is effecting both Windows 10 and Windows 11 machines. Since...
  4. Updates KB5039211 and KB5039212 broke the Generic Text Driver

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. KB5039211 - Broke my browsers.

KB5039211 - Broke my browsers.: I installed KB5039211 security update on Win10 Pro, then certain controls in all my browsers stopped working same symptom in Chrome, Firefox, Opera and Brave. The submit button in ChatGPT stopped working, as did the 'show password' button in LastPass.I uninstalled the update...
  6. KB5039211 - Broke my browsers.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    KB5039211 - Broke my browsers.: I installed KB5039211 security update on Win10 Pro, then certain controls in all my browsers stopped working same symptom in Chrome, Firefox, Opera and Brave. The submit button in ChatGPT stopped working, as did the 'show password' button in LastPass.I uninstalled the update...
  7. Onedrive broke my Youtube page on all browsers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive broke my Youtube page on all browsers.: So before I synced Onedrive, my Youtube page is all working properly, but when I synced using Onedrive, my Youtube page started to stop working and I cannot click any of the buttons and I tried to reload, the page took about 1 minute to reload but when normal only tooks like...
  8. Onedrive broke my Youtube page on all browsers.

Onedrive broke my Youtube page on all browsers.: So before I synced Onedrive, my Youtube page is all working properly, but when I synced using Onedrive, my Youtube page started to stop working and I cannot click any of the buttons and I tried to reload, the page took about 1 minute to reload but when normal only tooks like...
  9. Windows 10 update 1909 broke my Chrome browser

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 update 1909 broke my Chrome browser: Two days ago I did the 1909 update. Since then my Chrome browser has become all quirky. When I close a tab, the entire browser minimizes. When I go to open a YouTube video in another tab, both the new tab and the current tab show the video playing. And then when I hit 'back'...
  10. 1703 - Master Browser/SMB Broke Again?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    1703 - Master Browser/SMB Broke Again?: Hi folks. I see quite a few posts around regarding issues with Homegroups and Network Sharing. It appears to me that SMB is broken again in Creators Update 1703. I have 3 of 4 tems on 1703, the other is on 1607. What I see is that if any of the 1703 tems is the first...