Windows 10: KB505565 Breaks connections to shared printer

Discus and support KB505565 Breaks connections to shared printer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; We have a windows 10 pro server :Edition Windows 10 ProVersion 21H1Installed on ‎2/‎3/‎2021OS build 19043.1202Experience Windows Feature Experience... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JonGordon2, Sep 16, 2021.

1. KB505565 Breaks connections to shared printer

We have a windows 10 pro server :Edition Windows 10 ProVersion 21H1Installed on ‎2/‎3/‎2021OS build 19043.1202Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0with a shared printer. We have 2 Windows 7 machines that connect and print using the shared printer.After applying the KB505565 Update The printers could no longer print. When sending a print job in the print queue it would say Access Denied. I tried changing permissions to give everyone full access to the printer, same thing, tried disabling the firewall as a troubleshooting step, same thing. Tried removing the printers and re-

:)

JonGordon2, Sep 16, 2021
  2. topgundcp Win User

Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    1. Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

KB505565 Breaks connections to shared printer [​IMG]
    2. Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

KB505565 Breaks connections to shared printer [​IMG]

topgundcp, Sep 16, 2021
  3. HAT
    hat Win User
    Can't share printer—getting error message

Yeah, I have windows firewall disabled, and I don't use any other firewall... mostly to prevent stupid issues like this.

None taken... and yeah, I do.

4. newtekie1 Win User

KB505565 Breaks connections to shared printer

Can't share printer—getting error message

Step 1: Go to store.
    Step 2: Buy a less shitty printer.
    Step 3: Pick up some beer while you are there.
    Step 4: Enjoy both your new printer and your beer.

In all seriousness, I have had more issues with Lexmark printers and their shitty drivers then any other manufacturer, HP is a close second though.

However, if you don't want to get a new printer*Laugh :laugh:, and I can understand that, when my Lexmark was giving me the same troubles in Win7(and Vista) I had to make sure the Windows firewall was ON and the firewall service was enabled and running. After I shared it I could re-disable the firewall and firewall services.

newtekie1, Sep 16, 2021
Thema:

KB505565 Breaks connections to shared printer

1. KB505565 Breaks connections to shared printer - Similar Threads - KB505565 Breaks connections

2. Can't connect to shared printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't connect to shared printer: Hi,My computer I'm connecting from is a Windows 11 laptop, while the other PC is a Windows 10.I can connect to the shared printer from the Administrator login, however if I login as a standard user they cannot connect to it. It says 0x00000004f1 - Windows cannot connect to...
  3. Can't connect to shared printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to shared printer: I can't connect to shared printer from another computer. My computer using windows 11 since January 2022. But after update to 22H2 my printer list has lost, and then I can't connect to shared printer from another computer with error code 0x00000bc4. The other computer who...
  4. Can't connect to shared printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't connect to shared printer: I can't connect to shared printer from another computer. My computer using windows 11 since January 2022. But after update to 22H2 my printer list has lost, and then I can't connect to shared printer from another computer with error code 0x00000bc4. The other computer who...
  5. Error Connect to Share Printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Connect to Share Printer: Good morning,i am dafit from indonesia,sorry permission to ask, I'm having problems and problems when connecting the user's computer printer to the computer that is the printer server.there are 3 different info from the 3 computers we are trying to connect to.please help,...
  6. Error Connect to Share Printer

Error Connect to Share Printer: Good morning,i am dafit from indonesia,sorry permission to ask, I'm having problems and problems when connecting the user's computer printer to the computer that is the printer server.there are 3 different info from the 3 computers we are trying to connect to.please help,...
  7. Network share printer not connect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network share printer not connect: I can't connect with one of the networks shared printers. it showed " operation failed with error 0x00000520".Please help me to solve this issue. One thing is someone can print and someone can't print. The driver was also updated. So many errors with different pc....
  8. Network share printer not connect

Network share printer not connect: I can't connect with one of the networks shared printers. it showed " operation failed with error 0x00000520".Please help me to solve this issue. One thing is someone can print and someone can't print. The driver was also updated. So many errors with different pc....
  9. Connecting to a shared printer as a User

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connecting to a shared printer as a User: I have two Windows 10 Pro x64 machines - say, A and B - connected into a home network. Both machines have two interactive user accounts registered on them: Admin (member of Administrators) and Bob (member of Users). On both machines user names are exactly the same and account...
  10. Can't Connect To Shared Printer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Connect To Shared Printer: Hi, I have a 2 desktops and a laptop all running Windows 10 Home. I have a Homegroup that is working and I can see and access the shared folders on each machine. I can see and connect to the printer on Desktop 2 from the laptop but not Desktop 1's printer. That...