Windows 10: KDE on windows 10?

Discus and support KDE on windows 10? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi there, I'm wondering if you can change the desktop environment for windows. Preferably KDE neon or manjaro. Is this possible? if so, how?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/HenriHawk_, Jul 2, 2020.

1. KDE on windows 10?

Hi there,

I'm wondering if you can change the desktop environment for windows. Preferably KDE neon or manjaro. Is this possible? if so, how?

submitted by /u/HenriHawk_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/HenriHawk_, Jul 2, 2020
  2. jimbo45 Win User

KDE apps on Windows

Hi folks

This seems an interesting project -- although not for the fainthearted

So much good free software runs on the KDE platform (Plsama-workspace_ on Linux distos) - there's serious some serious effort now in doing KDE ports back into to Windows.

In a way this is rather like a "reverse" of WINE which is a project of running Windows apps on Linux -.

Some of the more "Geeky" ones here might find it interesting to give it a go. Suggest you either try on a VM or a spare system though as it doesn't look at all "Beginner Friendly".

Windows - KDE Community Wiki

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jul 2, 2020
  3. xfire Win User
    KDE 4.1 Released

That's the wrong information, The time Kubuntu was released(the latest one) 4.1 wasn't there and there is a simpiler way to get Kubuntu into Ubuntu, use the code
    Code: sudo apt-get install kubuntu-desktop[/quote] That gets kubuntu and then at the login window select options and then select session, in session you'll get the list of available window manager's. XFCE can be had in a similar way.

Here's how to get 4.1 in ubuntu
    How to Install KDE 4.1 on Ubuntu 8.04

xfire, Jul 2, 2020
  4. KDE on windows 10?

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 2, 2020
Thema:

KDE on windows 10?

1. KDE on windows 10? - Similar Threads - KDE

2. I converted to Linux KDE 10 years ago and will never return back to Windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I converted to Linux KDE 10 years ago and will never return back to Windows.: My first DIY computer build was Windows 98, but seeing Microsoft progress through malware over the years caused me to abandon Windows. My recommendation to anyone who has thrown away their old gear is to give it a new lease of life by using linux. Once you try it, you will...
  3. I converted to Linux KDE 10 years ago and will never return back to Windows.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I converted to Linux KDE 10 years ago and will never return back to Windows.: My first DIY computer build was Windows 98, but seeing Microsoft progress through malware over the years caused me to abandon Windows. My recommendation to anyone who has thrown away their old gear is to give it a new lease of life by using linux. Once you try it, you will...
  4. Why KDE connect software is installing without admin privlease

Why KDE connect software is installing without admin privlease: Dear All,I can see one of the software KDE connect KDE Connect - Microsoft Store Apps can be installed without admin right.We have Admin directory infrastructure and all the users are logging-in their system via normal domain users.I want to block this installation for normal...
  5. Why KDE connect software is installing without admin privlease

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why KDE connect software is installing without admin privlease: Dear All,I can see one of the software KDE connect KDE Connect - Microsoft Store Apps can be installed without admin right.We have Admin directory infrastructure and all the users are logging-in their system via normal domain users.I want to block this installation for normal...
  6. Why KDE connect software is installing without admin privlease

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Kde najdu složku>My places kml<

Kde najdu složku>My places kml<: Kde najdu složku>My places kml< https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kde-najdu-slo%C5%BEkumy-places-kml/cc0990ad-5088-4427-b507-525d10d74169
  8. Linux VM's - KDE plasma 5.20 available

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Linux VM's - KDE plasma 5.20 available: Hi folks for those trying Linux VM's why not give KDE plasma a try as the GUI (assuming you want a GUI on your Linux VM). Available for most distros . It says beta but the proper release is out. KDE Plasma 5.20 Beta is out. Final Release Next Month. IMO it's the best GUI...
  9. Manjaro KDE cannot install VMware Tools

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Manjaro KDE cannot install VMware Tools: In a virtual environment Manjaro KDE isn't as smooth of an experience as OpenSuse is. OpenSuse runs as expected full screen out of the box. I have tried running the manual update scripts with and without sudo but it always errors. Is there a known fix for this? 168380
  10. KDE Plasma runs on WSL 2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    KDE Plasma runs on WSL 2: [ATTACH] Oh boy. No one told me graphical interface works natively on WSL 2. I managed to run the KDE plasma on ubuntu in wsl 2. Note: this is not using x-server. This is full-fat plasma....