Windows 10: Keep asking to set up a Hello PIN even I already did it several times

Discus and support Keep asking to set up a Hello PIN even I already did it several times in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi There, My computer keeps asking me to set up a Windows Hello PIN although I already did it several times. I already did a hard USB reinstall. It... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by ChristmasCC, Mar 1, 2021.

1. Keep asking to set up a Hello PIN even I already did it several times

Hi There,

My computer keeps asking me to set up a Windows Hello PIN although I already did it several times.

I already did a hard USB reinstall. It worked for a few days. However, now it starts asking me to set up a PIN again.

I could use the current PIN to do anything, including login, Admin Permission etc. However, it seems that my computer could realise that I got a PIN. Also, I could not change my current pin. The "Sign-in Option" page only shows the add button.

:)

ChristmasCC, Mar 1, 2021
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Login with PIN and Hello

Hi Jean,

Windows 10 includes multiple options to sign-in to your account, including the ability to sign-in using a PIN and Windows Hello, which uses facial recognition. For us to provide a solution suited to your concern, we need additional information. Can
    you answer the questions below?

• How are you setting the PIN and Hello?
    • Which build version of Windows is your PC running on?
    • Were there any error codes or messages?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to set up PIN.

• Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Click the Add button for the PIN and set your PIN.
    • Do the same for the Windows Hello.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, Mar 1, 2021
  3. windows hello and pin

Hi,

This error code is usually caused by corrupted Windows system files. For better assistance, we would like to ask the following:

• What happens when you're trying to set up Windows Hello or a pin on your computer?
    • Is there an error message displayed when setting up Windows Hello or a pin?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • How did you reinstall Windows?

Looking forward to your reply so we can provide the best resolution for you.

Gerard Qui, Mar 1, 2021
  4. Keep asking to set up a Hello PIN even I already did it several times

Sign-in taking time after setting up PIN

Hello Harold,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that it is frustrating when the features don’t work the way there are supposed to. Usually, it takes time to login using the PIN after setting it up for the first time, as Windows optimizes and connects all the applications
    linked to your Microsoft account to give access using the PIN.

I suggest you to try logging in again and wait for some time to let Windows optimize the PIN for next use.

However, if you want to remove the PIN you can follow the steps mentioned below.

1. Login to the PC using password, and go to
      Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options.
    2. Under PIN click on
      Remove.
    3. Enter the password and click on
      OK.
    4. Restart the PC.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Mar 1, 2021
Thema:

Keep asking to set up a Hello PIN even I already did it several times

1. Keep asking to set up a Hello PIN even I already did it several times - Similar Threads - Keep asking set

2. Trying to set up windows hello facial recognition, asks to set up a pin, pin is already set up

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Trying to set up windows hello facial recognition, asks to set up a pin, pin is already set up: I am trying to set up windows hello face. I already have a windows hello pin set up on the computer. When I go to set up the face, it asks me to create a pin as well. I put in the same pin I am already using, the setup process closes, and nothing is changed. When looking at...
  3. Trying to set up windows hello facial recognition, asks to set up a pin, pin is already set up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to set up windows hello facial recognition, asks to set up a pin, pin is already set up: I am trying to set up windows hello face. I already have a windows hello pin set up on the computer. When I go to set up the face, it asks me to create a pin as well. I put in the same pin I am already using, the setup process closes, and nothing is changed. When looking at...
  4. Trying to set up windows hello facial recognition, asks to set up a pin, pin is already set up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Hello keeps asking me to set up PIN in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Hello keeps asking me to set up PIN in Windows 11: [ATTACH]Some users have complained that Windows Hello keeps asking them to set up a PIN on their Windows 11 computer. They either receive a notification, see this set up Windows Hello message in the Account protection section of Windows Security, or receive a prompt to use...
  6. Windows 11 keeps on asking me to set up a pin even when I already created a pin and it is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 keeps on asking me to set up a pin even when I already created a pin and it is...: 1. Yes I do already have a Pin set up but it keeps telling me to create a PIN2. I restarted and clicked set up pin multiple times and it's glitched out, it still shows that I need to set up a Pin3. I uninstalled Windows Hello and then reinstalled it and rebooted the PC and...
  7. Windows 11 keeps on asking me to set up a pin even when I already created a pin and it is...

Windows 11 keeps on asking me to set up a pin even when I already created a pin and it is...: 1. Yes I do already have a Pin set up but it keeps telling me to create a PIN2. I restarted and clicked set up pin multiple times and it's glitched out, it still shows that I need to set up a Pin3. I uninstalled Windows Hello and then reinstalled it and rebooted the PC and...
  8. Why Windows 11 keeps on asking me to set up a pin even when I already created a pin and it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Windows 11 keeps on asking me to set up a pin even when I already created a pin and it...: Hello, lately I have been annoyed why Windows Defender says that I need to set up Windows Hello. I already set up the PIN since I upgraded to windows 11. I just noticed this problem this month. I tried to sign in to a local account and the windows hello is in the green...
  9. Why Windows 11 keeps on asking me to set up a pin even when I already created a pin and it...

Why Windows 11 keeps on asking me to set up a pin even when I already created a pin and it...: Hello, lately I have been annoyed why Windows Defender says that I need to set up Windows Hello. I already set up the PIN since I upgraded to windows 11. I just noticed this problem this month. I tried to sign in to a local account and the windows hello is in the green...
  10. Windows 10 (Home edition) keeps asking to set up Hello pin

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 (Home edition) keeps asking to set up Hello pin: After some googling, I was able to remove the pin feature and after a restart it would ask to set up a hello pin. There is no way to get around it. Not even a tiny text to skip. Well no problem, I'll just Google how to bypass that feature. OK, the fix says to access group...