Windows 10: Keep automatically disconnecting from Wi-Fi Windows 10

Discus and support Keep automatically disconnecting from Wi-Fi Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have an extremely annoying problem where my Wi-Fi will consistently turn itself off about every two minutes. When I use the trouble shooter,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jake Saul, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Jake Saul Win User

Keep automatically disconnecting from Wi-Fi Windows 10

Hi,

I have an extremely annoying problem where my Wi-Fi will consistently turn itself off about every two minutes.

When I use the trouble shooter, it always says "The Default Gateway is not Available - Fixed" and then disconnects again two minutes later. The receive and send speeds are consistent throughout the two minutes that it works.

Interestingly I managed to get it to work for quite a while, until Windows automatically updated and screwed it up again. When I performed a system restore prior to the update, this fixed it. But the problem has happened again, I've tried system restoring to the same point, and this time the problem remains.

I use a 'Realtek RTL8192CU Wireless LAN 802.11n USB 2.0 Network Adapter', and I have disabled the Power Saving Option, checked for Driver Updates, uninstalled an reinstalled the driver, flushed the DNS, performed netsh winsock reset. Nothing seems to work. The only way I can retain internet access at the moment is by resetting the Wi-Fi adapter every two minutes.

I would just use an ethernet connection, but that is not an option at the moment.

It seems that this is a common problem with a lot of Windows 10 systems, but all the solutions I tried on other forums do not work, so I would greatly appreciate any assistance with this, because it is making me absolutely ballistic.

Below are images on how the signal suddenly cuts off, and what the troubleshooter does.

Keep automatically disconnecting from Wi-Fi Windows 10 f3d4701d-eee4-45d7-8b97-c0ab75a04905?upload=true.png

Keep automatically disconnecting from Wi-Fi Windows 10 0bcb0604-f755-4a9c-aaa4-4a3e8986aa6f?upload=true.png

:)

Jake Saul, Apr 10, 2019

2. Wi-Fi disconnect

Windows doesn't disconnect a properly working WiFi. Mine NEVER disconnects since the last time I restarted my computer. I suggest to check for near-by WiFi radios to see if your channel is too crowded or if all the channels are crowded, just switch to 5 GHz band like mine
    Keep automatically disconnecting from Wi-Fi Windows 10 [​IMG]

theveterans, Apr 10, 2019
  3. johnny234 Win User
    Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnny234, Apr 10, 2019
  4. Keep automatically disconnecting from Wi-Fi Windows 10

Wi-Fi disconnected automatically

I have 2 Wi-Fi adapters which is bridged, then I was struggling about it. The 2nd Wi-Fi adaptor is disconnected from the Wi-Fi.

Please help!!

NightFakhriYT, Apr 10, 2019
Thema:

Keep automatically disconnecting from Wi-Fi Windows 10

1. Keep automatically disconnecting from Wi-Fi Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Keep automatically disconnecting

2. Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting...!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting...!!: My laptop's wifi keep disconnecting and shows no internet access and when i try to connect again to my home wifi then it won't connect...and after some time of trying to connect to the wifi back....The list start to shows there is no wifi availaible..To Fix this i have to run...
  3. Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting...!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting...!!: My laptop's wifi keep disconnecting and shows no internet access and when i try to connect again to my home wifi then it won't connect...and after some time of trying to connect to the wifi back....The list start to shows there is no wifi availaible..To Fix this i have to run...
  4. Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting.

Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting.: My wifi keeps disconnecting whenever I am playing any online games. Upon restarting the PC the wifi driver vanishes as if it was never installed and there is no option to connect to wifi. Restarting the wifi router also didn't help. What could be the issue and how do i fix...
  5. Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting.: My wifi keeps disconnecting whenever I am playing any online games. Upon restarting the PC the wifi driver vanishes as if it was never installed and there is no option to connect to wifi. Restarting the wifi router also didn't help. What could be the issue and how do i fix...
  6. Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting: Hi, I have an ASUS Vivobook Flip 14, the Wi-Fi keeps on disconnecting. My drivers are all updated and having read some solutions to others having solutions I also tried them yet the problem persists. The device is on maximum performance, I have checked power management...
  7. Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting

Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting: Hi, I have an ASUS Vivobook Flip 14, the Wi-Fi keeps on disconnecting. My drivers are all updated and having read some solutions to others having solutions I also tried them yet the problem persists. The device is on maximum performance, I have checked power management...
  8. Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Wi-Fi Keeps Disconnecting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wi-Fi Keeps Disconnecting: My wi-fi keeps disconnecting. It randomly does it, then when I try to connect to it again, it just keeps saying ‘Unable to connec to the network’. It’ll only work again when I put the laptop to sleep, then turn it on again. I changed the settings on power management,...
  10. Wi-Fi disconnected automatically

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wi-Fi disconnected automatically: I have 2 Wi-Fi adapters which is bridged, then I was struggling about it. The 2nd Wi-Fi adaptor is disconnected from the Wi-Fi. Please help!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-disconnected-automatically/ea62eb19-ae58-4f59-8b7e-fc983c174eb3

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 10 RTL8192CU have to disconnect

2. realtek rtl8192cu keeps disconnecting