Windows 10: Keep beeping when adjust/change volume for bluetooth headphone

Discus and support Keep beeping when adjust/change volume for bluetooth headphone in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Sound control panel > Program Events > Default Beep > Sounds: Noneconnect bluetooth headphoneadjust volume, no beepplay musicWhen adjusting the volume,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Don Shyu, Dec 1, 2021.

1. Don Shyu Win User

Keep beeping when adjust/change volume for bluetooth headphone

Sound control panel > Program Events > Default Beep > Sounds: Noneconnect bluetooth headphoneadjust volume, no beepplay musicWhen adjusting the volume, it keeps bepping.Other than "Default Beep", any idea?

:)

Don Shyu, Dec 1, 2021
  2. 000qwerty Win User

Wireless Headphones - How to disable mute/ no volume [0%] and max volume [100%] beep noise?

The solution below will solve (removing beep noise) the problem:

1. Open Windows Registry (regedit.exe).
    2. Jump to Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Bluetooth\Audio\AVRCP\CT
    3. Create REG_DWORD DisableAbsoluteVolume and set it's value to 1.
    4. Restart PC

But, it will cause issues when I try to change the volume from my headphones. They no longer control the master volume / volume mixer, but still adjusts the sound level when volume up/down is pressed.

So, is there a way to remove the beep noise altogether without doing that registry change?

Note: There is no beep noise when I change the volume to 100% or 0% on the built-in Laptop speakers.

000qwerty, Dec 1, 2021
  3. gordon99 Win User
    Bluetooth headphone sound volume keeps changing.

I have a relatively new Bluetooth Pulse Echo headphone set and an Acer Aspire 3 notebook that has Windows 10 O/S. When I use the headphones with the notebook in wireless mode the sound volume alternates between normal and very low. I have run Windows Bluetooth fault finder and disabled sound enhancements to no effect. The headphones work fine in conjunction with my iPad however.
    Could anyone suggest a solution for this problem please?

gordon99, Dec 1, 2021
  4. awalt Win User

Adjusting headphone volume

I hope this is the correct forum...for the first time I used headphones in Windows 10 Pro, and I found the normal Fn-F6 and Fn-F7 that adjust speaker volume do not work to adjust headphone volume - nor does the slider in the task tray. I can go into Control Panel and find the speakers and adjust them, and they are set as default. But it seems to me that in past versions (I came from Windows 7) when headphones were plugged in, the audio slider in task bar adjusted them - when headphones were not plugged in, it adjusted speaker volume.

Do I have to go into Control Panel every time I want to tweak headphone volume? What am I missing?

awalt, Dec 1, 2021
Thema:

1. Keep beeping when adjust/change volume for bluetooth headphone - Similar Threads - Keep beeping adjust

2. annoying beep when I change pc volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    annoying beep when I change pc volume: Hoping someone can help me solve this dilemma . I put Windows 11 on my pc yesterday , and when I attempted to change default beep on volume to none, restarted pc , it was still there . Worked fine on pc when I had windows 10 , but didnt work when I upgraded to 11 ....
  3. annoying beep when I change pc volume

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    annoying beep when I change pc volume: Hoping someone can help me solve this dilemma . I put Windows 11 on my pc yesterday , and when I attempted to change default beep on volume to none, restarted pc , it was still there . Worked fine on pc when I had windows 10 , but didnt work when I upgraded to 11 ....
  4. Keep beeping when adjust/change volume for bluetooth headphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keep beeping when adjust/change volume for bluetooth headphone: Sound control panel > Program Events > Default Beep > Sounds: Noneconnect bluetooth headphoneadjust volume, no beepplay musicWhen adjusting the volume, it keeps bepping.Other than "Default Beep", any idea?...
  5. Keep beeping when adjust/change volume for bluetooth headphone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keep beeping when adjust/change volume for bluetooth headphone: Sound control panel > Program Events > Default Beep > Sounds: Noneconnect bluetooth headphoneadjust volume, no beepplay musicWhen adjusting the volume, it keeps bepping.Other than "Default Beep", any idea?...
  6. Bluetooth speaker beeping on volume change

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth speaker beeping on volume change: Hey there, My bluetooth speaker (Marshall Stockwell) is beeping a short beep sound (not the windows background sound) when I change the audio volume when something is playing. Is this a bluetooth setting? When I try to change volume without the speaker plugged in, it's quiet...
  7. Bluetooth speaker beeping on volume change

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth speaker beeping on volume change: Hey there, My bluetooth speaker (Marshall Stockwell) is beeping a short default beep sound (not the windows background sound) when I change the audio volume when something is playing. Is this a bluetooth setting? When I try to change volume without the speaker plugged in,...
  8. Cannot adjust headphone volume when connected with the audio jack

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot adjust headphone volume when connected with the audio jack: When I have a pair of headphones connected to the audio jack with a wire, the volume slider does nothing. I can open it, slide it around, and it will stay at the exact same level unless brought to 0, which upon doing so will mute all sound. The default volume is incredibly...
  9. Bluetooth headphone sound volume keeps changing.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth headphone sound volume keeps changing.: I have a relatively new Bluetooth Pulse Echo headphone set and an Acer Aspire 3 notebook that has Windows 10 O/S. When I use the headphones with the notebook in wireless mode the sound volume alternates between normal and very low. I have run Windows Bluetooth fault finder...
  10. Adjusting headphone volume

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Adjusting headphone volume: I hope this is the correct forum...for the first time I used headphones in Windows 10 Pro, and I found the normal Fn-F6 and Fn-F7 that adjust speaker volume do not work to adjust headphone volume - nor does the slider in the task tray. I can go into Control Panel and find the...