Windows 10: Keep being asked to verify my Microsoft account

Discus and support Keep being asked to verify my Microsoft account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Keep being asked to verify my Microsoft account... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by GaryWeisenberger, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Keep being asked to verify my Microsoft account

Keep being asked to verify my Microsoft account

:)

GaryWeisenberger, Jul 3, 2020

2. Keep being asked to verify my MS account.

Hi, Was just wondering why I keep being asked to sign into and verify my Microsoft account? Even though I have already verified it, and am already signed into my account. This happens daily each time I login to my computer.

Thanks for any help or advice on this.

oneeyedcyclops101, Jul 3, 2020
  3. Keep being asked to verify my Microsoft account

Hello Scott,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you due to this issue. I would like to assist you with further information from here.

Microsoft account has a security feature called Trusted PC for verifying your identity automatically and performing sensitive actions.

You can mark a device as trusted just by selecting a check box. When you're prompted to enter a security code to verify your identity, select the
    I sign in frequently on this device. Don't ask me for a code. check box, and we'll no longer ask you for a code when you sign in on that device.

Here's how to mark a device as trusted:

• On the device you want to trust, go to the
      Security settings
      page and sign in to your Microsoft account.

• You'll be prompted to enter a security code. Choose whether to receive the code through email, text, or an

authenticator app
      . Once you have the code, enter it in the text box.

• Select the I sign in frequently on this device. Don't ask me for a code. check box, and then tap or click
      Submit.

Reference: Trusted devices: FAQ

If the above does not apply in your case, or if you have already tried, follow the below suggested methods and check if it helps.

Method 1

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to deploy the
    Microsoft Account troubleshooter from the below link and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Ref: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/sign-up-create-account-cant-450-LEFKPM

Method 2

If you are using a Microsoft Account, you may convert the account to a Local account and back to Microsoft account and check if you are then able to run the Windows Store app:

To convert the account, you can do the following:

• Sign in to your Microsoft account.

• Click Start and then PC settings.

• Click Users and accounts and under your Profile select “Switch to a local account” option.

• Enter the required details.

• Type in a Username, Password, and Password Hint that you want set for your Local account and click
      Next. Click on Sign out and Finish button.
    In order to switch back, follow these steps:

• On the newly converted Local account, click Start and then PC Settings.

• Click Users and accounts and under Your Profile click Connect to a Microsoft account.

• Enter the Microsoft account ID and Password and click Next.

• Choose if you want OneDrive as your default file saving location, click Next.

• Click Switch.

Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further assistance, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to help you.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jul 3, 2020
  4. Keep being asked to verify my Microsoft account

Hello Scott,

Thank you for your continued patience on this issue.

If the
    Microsoft Account Troubleshooter
    and reconnecting the Microsoft Account did not help to resolve the issue, I suggest you to remove all trusted devices from your Microsoft account.

Please follow the below steps.

• Go to the
      Security settings
      page and sign in to your Microsoft account.

• Under Trusted devices, tap or click Remove all the trusted devices associated with my account.

• Tap or click Remove all trusted devices.

• Further on again mark the device as trusted from the same
      Security settings
      page.

Hope it helps this time.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jul 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Keep being asked to verify my Microsoft account - Similar Threads - Keep being asked

2. I can't login to my Microsoft account: It keeps telling to verify.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't login to my Microsoft account: It keeps telling to verify.: When I tried to enter my password to login to my Microsoft account it said that "We have detected unusual activity... or believe your credentials are at risk..." and it asks me to verify my account. I then proceed to do that and I fill out everything it asks and it seems like...
  3. I can't login to my Microsoft account: It keeps telling to verify.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't login to my Microsoft account: It keeps telling to verify.: When I tried to enter my password to login to my Microsoft account it said that "We have detected unusual activity... or believe your credentials are at risk..." and it asks me to verify my account. I then proceed to do that and I fill out everything it asks and it seems like...
  4. Cannot verify my Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot verify my Microsoft account: I have just bought a new pc with Windows 10 2H20 version, direct from HP. I have Office Home/ Student from a a machine which failed early this year within a month. During set up I get a recurring problem that takes me to a screen which I have to add my telephone...
  5. My pc asked me to verify my microsoft account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My pc asked me to verify my microsoft account.: After not using it for a few days, it asked me to verify my microsoft account. I was able to use cntrl alt dlt to get out and i was still logged in, and scanned for viruses. it said there were none. could there be malware?...
  6. Please don't ask me to keep verifying my account

Please don't ask me to keep verifying my account: Hi Microsoft account unusual sign-in activity, That was me using a V.P.N, But i will no longer be using sky as my address as i am changing providers in the next couple of days. So thank you for being so vigilant. But Please don't ask me to keep verifying my account as this is...
  7. Verify Microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Verify Microsoft account: Windows 10 Professional (x64) Build 18362.476 (1903/May 2019 Update) I'm trying to change my Microsoft account settings because after I log off off windows, it's asking me for a password to get back in, even tho I have disabled the password prompt, and I am the only user....
  8. Verify my identity for my Microsoft account

Verify my identity for my Microsoft account: I need to verify my identity for my Microsoft account as I have a different cell phone number now. --- How do I do that? Everything else is the same as far as I know. Maybe I'll find out something different but now is the time to find out. My Windows version number is 1903...
  9. Verify my Microsoft Account

Verify my Microsoft Account: I work on two identical computers, main one at home, the other at work. Both under the same Microsoft Account (same email and account password) Now - The one at work asks me to Verify my account. The email address shown is wrong (must be an old/first try one) ... and ......
  10. Microsoft account keeps asking to verify

Microsoft account keeps asking to verify: About every 12 to 24 hours, a notification appears in the bottom right of my screen to verify my identity. If I click it, it leads me to the picture below. I have done this 10 times. Any ides? 26180