Windows 10: Keep both file Option

Discus and support Keep both file Option in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Option to move a file from one folder to another containing a file with the same name and keep both option is missing. Will this be fixed? It was a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Casey5252, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Casey5252 Win User

Keep both file Option

Option to move a file from one folder to another containing a file with the same name and keep both option is missing. Will this be fixed? It was a very, very useful option. So far I am not extremely impressed. Can I get back the old format for outlook? and the old start menu format? The new one seems cumbersome. I do like the status bar at the bottom being on all screens in use - I use more than one screen. I'm sure there are other features that I will like. The dislikes are the ones I really miss.

:)

Casey5252, Jun 20, 2019
  2. dark2099 Win User

Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

I want to be able to generate a .txt file that lists all the files and folders in a specific folder on my PC, but don't know the name of any programs that do that. Searched on google a bit and came up with this guide, but it's for XP and I can't seem to find some of the folder options to modify the .bat file. Any suggestions? Thanks

http://www.theeldergeek.com/file_list_generator.htm

EDIT: The .bat file will do what I want if it is in the folder I want to do it in, but the option I want to add is having the right click option that it shows.

dark2099, Jun 20, 2019
  3. Steve C Win User
    Need Serious Help: How To Record Video of What is Done on my PC?

I suggest the following simple steps:

1. Set the autosave options in MS Office to a low value say 5 minutes.
    2. Setup file history to autosave frequently - the shortest period is 5 mins
    3. Install Macrium Reflect Free and configure it to do a daily incremental system backup

You should be well covered if you do the above to protect your key files.

Steve C, Jun 20, 2019
  4. Keep both file Option

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 20, 2019
Thema:

Keep both file Option

1. Keep both file Option - Similar Threads - Keep both file

2. How to keep both files when copying duplicates?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to keep both files when copying duplicates?: I have Windows 10 Pro. I am trying to copy emails from Outlook Microsoft Office Standard 2016 to a folder on my computer. It's 500+ emails, many emails in just a few threads. I am unable to copy all 500+ emails to the folder. When I try to copy a "duplicate" email the subject...
  3. How to keep both files when copying duplicates?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to keep both files when copying duplicates?: I have Windows 10 Pro. I am trying to copy emails from Outlook Microsoft Office Standard 2016 to a folder on my computer. It's 500+ emails, many emails in just a few threads. I am unable to copy all 500+ emails to the folder. When I try to copy a "duplicate" email the subject...
  4. How to keep both files when copying duplicates?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 - Where is the "Compare Info for Both Files" option in Explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Where is the "Compare Info for Both Files" option in Explorer?: I have a requirement where remote clients need to copy/paste *.tar files from handheld devices to Windows via Explorer for FTP Transfer.It is vital that they do not overwrite files with existing same names. However the facility in Windows 10 Below - "Compare info for Both...
  6. Windows 11 - Where is the "Compare Info for Both Files" option in Explorer?

Windows 11 - Where is the "Compare Info for Both Files" option in Explorer?: I have a requirement where remote clients need to copy/paste *.tar files from handheld devices to Windows via Explorer for FTP Transfer.It is vital that they do not overwrite files with existing same names. However the facility in Windows 10 Below - "Compare info for Both...
  7. "compare info for both files" option is missing in windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "compare info for both files" option is missing in windows: I checked the community and nobody seems to have an answer to this question - how do I get back the "compare info for both files" option? It is missing and should not be. I'm using Windows 11. Thanks....
  8. "compare info for both files" option is missing in windows

"compare info for both files" option is missing in windows: I checked the community and nobody seems to have an answer to this question - how do I get back the "compare info for both files" option? It is missing and should not be. I'm using Windows 11. Thanks....
  9. Moving files with same name and accessing the option to keep both

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moving files with same name and accessing the option to keep both: On Windows 7, if you were moving a file into a location that had a file with the same name, a dialogue box would appear which gave you three options: to copy and replace, to skip copying the file, or to copy but keep both files. However, in Windows 10, while the options to...
  10. Bring Back "Keep Both Copies" When Copying Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bring Back "Keep Both Copies" When Copying Files: Windows 10Pro - Does anyone else miss the one step to keep both copies of an identically named file if you copy a file into a directory by simply clicking that choice? Right now you have to click the choice "Compare Info for both Files" where you then have to go and...