Windows 10: Keep cortana from using fullscreen, even when idle longer for 15 seconds

Discus and support Keep cortana from using fullscreen, even when idle longer for 15 seconds in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Title^^ I am very annoyed with cortana's fullscreen feature :( I really like listening to music on the other side of the room while I work out, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/thiccvortigaunt, Feb 3, 2021.

1. Keep cortana from using fullscreen, even when idle longer for 15 seconds

Title^^

I am very annoyed with cortana's fullscreen feature Keep cortana from using fullscreen, even when idle longer for 15 seconds :( I really like listening to music on the other side of the room while I work out, and love how easy it is to skip songs and even ask her to play specific songs on spotify. I also like using her to control volume and watch tv. So when I'm on the other side of the room, my computer thinks I'm idle, and summoning cortana brings her up in fullscreen mode. I don't know why I don't have a choice in this, but maybe someone here has found a workaround? I couldn't find anything on reddit or anywhere else.

Thanks for the help, even if the issue can't be helped!

submitted by /u/thiccvortigaunt
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/thiccvortigaunt, Feb 3, 2021

2. How can I disable Cortana Fullscreen?

While using my PC, I often don't input anything trough mouse or keyboard for 10 or more seconds when, for example, participating in a call with my friends and family members or watching a video or a movie. While doing that it is rather disruptive that
    Cortana decides to open in "fullscreen mode", obscuring whatever else I had on my screen.

Is there any way to turn that setting off or otherwise control when Cortana opens in fullscreen?

Josip Pejčinović, Feb 3, 2021
  3. Dewdrop_ Win User
    Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Feb 3, 2021
  4. Keep cortana from using fullscreen, even when idle longer for 15 seconds

Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Feb 3, 2021
Thema:

Keep cortana from using fullscreen, even when idle longer for 15 seconds

1. Keep cortana from using fullscreen, even when idle longer for 15 seconds - Similar Threads - Keep cortana using

2. Use Hotkeys when Fullscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Use Hotkeys when Fullscreen: I know windows changed this for game guys so they don't launch calc or whatever when gaming, But I need to kill and launch programs when full screened. Is there a way regedit, etc to restore the old working when full screened functionality?Thanks,-G...
  3. Use Hotkeys when Fullscreen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Use Hotkeys when Fullscreen: I know windows changed this for game guys so they don't launch calc or whatever when gaming, But I need to kill and launch programs when full screened. Is there a way regedit, etc to restore the old working when full screened functionality?Thanks,-G...
  4. CPU goes to 100% even when idle

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CPU goes to 100% even when idle: Windows 10 Pro, i7 6th gen, 16 gigs of ram running on a Dell latitude 7470 machine. The processor goes to a 100 quite often and makes the fan run at full speed. As soon I open the task manager, the percentage comes down and the fan turns itself off. Any solution will help....
  5. Random BSoDs even when idling

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSoDs even when idling: I'm having random BSoDs, even when the PC is idle, 3/7 days apart one from each other. I performed SFC /SCANNOW, checkdisk, SMART tests and memory tests, nothing changed. I'm asking here for help if someone can help me to debug the minidump files i have like 10 of them....
  6. Browsers are overlapping the taskbar when they are fullscreen, even when they are not in focus.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Browsers are overlapping the taskbar when they are fullscreen, even when they are not in focus.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Daell [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gt0675/browsers_are_overlapping_the_taskbar_when_they/
  7. BSOD's frequent even when system is idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD's frequent even when system is idle: Hello! This has been happening for quite some time and I've finally gotten tired of it. I'll get a really weird BSOD; CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION. Windbg gave it a bug check of 109, did a little Googling on it but it's a bit above my knowledge level. The BSOD occurs with...
  8. White screen a few seconds after using fullscreen

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    White screen a few seconds after using fullscreen: [IMG]When I start playing a video, it plays fine until I open it in fullscreen. Then, a few seconds later the screen starts showing white. When move the cursur it stops or do anything that disturbes the video. I have already updated to the latest drivers of my graphics card....
  9. Avast using 15-30% CPU in idle

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Avast using 15-30% CPU in idle: I installed Avast anti-virus free on my new Windows 10 install, and now I'm noticing the CPU constantly fluctuating around 15-30%, when the computer is just sitting idle. Task Manager shows it is Avast. What component of Avast is constantly running my CPU so high, and can...
  10. RAM at 90% even when Laptop is idle.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    RAM at 90% even when Laptop is idle.: Can anyone please help me? Yesterday, I did my weekly maintenance using CCleaner, ASC 9 Pro & Smart Defrag. After rebooting my laptop, i noticed a sudden increase in boot time and after logging in, also a sudden HUGE increase in RAM usage, from the normal 35-40% to about 96%...