Windows 10: Keep Dark Theme File Explorer

Discus and support Keep Dark Theme File Explorer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, so I was just wondering if there is anyway to change to the Light Theme on all my apps and things etc. But keep the Dark Theme on File Explorer as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DJ_Fox11, Jul 26, 2021.

1. DJ_Fox11 Win User

Keep Dark Theme File Explorer

Hi, so I was just wondering if there is anyway to change to the Light Theme on all my apps and things etc. But keep the Dark Theme on File Explorer as I like how it looks.Thanks!Evan :

:)

DJ_Fox11, Jul 26, 2021

2. Dark Theme for File Explorer.

I waited exactly 9 years since Windows 7 released for Dark Theme to be used on the File Explorer and i feel hyped about Dark Theme can be used when you update your windows to version 1803 few weeks ago when i read it on article. My friend already got
    their File Explorer themed black, and i already updated it to version 1803 as they say it will works. But why my file explorer theme is still white even though its on version 1803 and already changed the theme to dark? Thank you.

Andrew Soe, Jul 26, 2021
  3. File explorer dark theme not applying properly

Since the implementation of Dark theme, I've been a bizarre white tool bar, it originates from the white theme but apparently it doesn't change when I apply the dark theme.
    You can see what I mean here.

An interesting remark I have to make is that when launching File Explorer shortly after signing in from a reboot, the File Explorer dark theme is applied correctly.

I have tried from uninstalling applications to testing in safe mode, and even that was futile, as the behaviour was the same.

I'm at the end of my rope, your help would be appreciated.

Note: The dark theme is also applied properly when launching file explorer through shell.

IshidaHiroshi, Jul 26, 2021
  4. Keep Dark Theme File Explorer

Windows 10 1903 File Explorer Dark Theme Partially Working

Hi Kai..

The dark theme in File Explorer is a new feature, and so far it’s available only in the latest Windows 10 October update.

Settings app opens, navigate to the< Update & Security >< Check for updates>

Solution 2 – Switch to the default theme

<Settings app > <Personalization section>Pick Themes from the menu on the left. In the right pane, select Windows from the list of available themes.After doing that, you’ll switch back to the default theme, and the dark theme should start working in File Explorer.

Solution 3 – Restart File Explorer

Open Task Manager. The quickest way to do that is to use Ctrl + Shift + Esc shortcut.

Locate Windows Explorer on the list. Right-click it and choose Restart from the menu.

Source:

https://windowsreport.com/dark-theme-file-explo...

Disclaimer 2 - This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product
    advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it..

Hope it will workKeep Dark Theme File Explorer :)

vanshitavanshita, Jul 26, 2021
Thema:

Keep Dark Theme File Explorer

1. Keep Dark Theme File Explorer - Similar Threads - Keep Dark Theme

2. My File Explorer dark theme is half working

in Windows 10 Customization
    My File Explorer dark theme is half working: When I turn on the dark theme on windows 10 for apps, the file explorer looks like this. I have turned on high contrast before, though I'm not sure if High Contrast affects the dark theme here. Image as shown. The highlighted selection and title bar/directory path is white,...
  3. Dark Theme - File Explorer Fonts Not Visible

Dark Theme - File Explorer Fonts Not Visible: Hi Support, I have recently upgraded to Win 10 from Win 7 and enabled the Dark Theme. But the file explorer header fonts are in the grey background and white font colour which makes it very difficult to see them (Not Visible). Does anyone face a similar issue or how to...
  4. File Explorer - Dark theme looks weird

File Explorer - Dark theme looks weird: When I change my "Default App Mode" in personalisation settings, File Explorer doesn't look like it should:[ATTACH] I seem to remember having a program at one point that changed how file explorer looked (Classic Shell) but I've uninstalled it. I've looked through my list of...
  5. File explorer dark theme not applying properly

File explorer dark theme not applying properly: Since the implementation of Dark theme, I've been a bizarre white tool bar, it originates from the white theme but apparently it doesn't change when I apply the dark theme. You can see what I mean here. An interesting remark I have to make is that when launching File...
  6. File explorer in dark theme gone!

File explorer in dark theme gone!: Hello, After updating Windows to 1809 a couple weeks ago I was glad to start using File explorer dark theme. Last night I noticed that it's gone and back to the old white background theme. I can't recall what was changed, might have been a recent win update or disk cleanup...
  7. Dark theme in windows explorer

Dark theme in windows explorer: What if I don't want dark theme only in windows explorer, but want it at every other place like windows settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dark-theme-in-windows-explorer/ca44e3cb-f4aa-4f47-86cb-239d8e70bd6a
  8. Dark Theme for File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    Dark Theme for File Explorer?: Hi, I've noticed that my version of Windows 10 supports a Dark Theme which I've selected, but that File Explorer continues to be bright white. Is there some way I can change this so that it's dark as well? My OS information: Edition: Windows 10 Home Version: 1803 Installed...
  9. Dark Theme for File Explorer.

Dark Theme for File Explorer.: I waited exactly 9 years since Windows 7 released for Dark Theme to be used on the File Explorer and i feel hyped about Dark Theme can be used when you update your windows to version 1803 few weeks ago when i read it on article. My friend already got their File Explorer...
  10. Dark Theme Explorer Bug

Dark Theme Explorer Bug: Ever since the dark themed explorer came out, I have this one issue that I tried to fix for quite some time. My explorer looks ugly and well, this. Look at the menu, the accent color, smaller text. Color isn't what it should be, and is unreadable without highlighting AND...