Windows 10: Keep explorer use light theme while other metro app use dark theme

Discus and support Keep explorer use light theme while other metro app use dark theme in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, i just recently update my windows to windows 10 version 1809. Previously i use dark theme for the metro apps and really like it. then after the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by cheka handy, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Keep explorer use light theme while other metro app use dark theme

Hi, i just recently update my windows to windows 10 version 1809. Previously i use dark theme for the metro apps and really like it. then after the update i surprised that now the explorer and bars on the windows also have dark theme. it quite nice but i don't like it too much. because the icons is not ready for the change. also, the control panel still it's white background but the bars under the windows frame is dark, it just doesn't feels right.

So, is there any way to keep the bars, and explorer background light while keep the metro apps dark?

:)

cheka handy, Feb 1, 2019
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Dark theme in windows explorer

Hi Usama,

Sorry, Microsoft does not provide us with the ability to choose which application the dark or light theme is applied to, whichever theme you choose will also automatically be applied to File Explorer . . .

DaveM121, Feb 1, 2019
  3. A3KP Win User
    Light and dark themes

Is there a possebility to implement in the future Windows builds the light/dark theme in the personal maps?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

A3KP, Feb 1, 2019
  4. Keep explorer use light theme while other metro app use dark theme

Will Windows 10 Anniverary Update's Dark Theme affect File Explorer?

I heard that the recent Windows 10 Anniversary Update will come with a optional dark theme

I would like to know whether this "Dark Theme" is really a theme, a theme that will affect the light resources of the user interface as the white Explorer's background too, or is just the same "hidden" theming feature seen in previoues Windows 10 versions that just will change to dark the Universal Apps and other minor things.

Note: I'm not asking for 3rd party themes, please focus only on the question I did.

ElektroStudios, Feb 1, 2019
Thema:

Keep explorer use light theme while other metro app use dark theme

1. Keep explorer use light theme while other metro app use dark theme - Similar Threads - Keep explorer light

2. Light theme for file explorer and browser when dark theme is set for all other apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Light theme for file explorer and browser when dark theme is set for all other apps: Run some apps in dark theme and some in light when windows settings is saved as dark theme.I want to have Light theme for file explorer and browser when dark theme is set for all other apps....
  3. Light theme for file explorer and browser when dark theme is set for all other apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Light theme for file explorer and browser when dark theme is set for all other apps: Run some apps in dark theme and some in light when windows settings is saved as dark theme.I want to have Light theme for file explorer and browser when dark theme is set for all other apps....
  4. Keep Dark Theme File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keep Dark Theme File Explorer: Hi, so I was just wondering if there is anyway to change to the Light Theme on all my apps and things etc. But keep the Dark Theme on File Explorer as I like how it looks.Thanks!Evan :...
  5. Tiles a mixture of dark and light theme

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Tiles a mixture of dark and light theme: Hi, After upgrading to 20H2 19042.572 - one section of my start menu shows both dark and light tiles. If I switch to a light theme, all looks right, switch back to the dark theme, looks a mess. Does anyone else have this issue? Dark Theme [ATTACH] Light Theme [ATTACH]...
  6. Is there a way to have the search bar in the desktop in dark mode while using light theme...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to have the search bar in the desktop in dark mode while using light theme...: So I would like to have File Explorer, Chrome, Apps so on with the light theme applied, problem is when you do this it also makes the search bar appear white in the desktop which I'm not really a big fan of. Is there a registry tweak that I can do to keep the search bar...
  7. Changing the Theme for File Explorer to Light Theme

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing the Theme for File Explorer to Light Theme: I am in WIndows 10 latest update. My Windows File Explorer screen background is black with white text. How can I change it to white background with black text? ***Original title: Windows File Explorer***...
  8. Why Task View shell is still dark while using the light theme?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why Task View shell is still dark while using the light theme?: [ATTACH] Context menus and the upper part for moving between virtual desktops is still dark as well. Task View shell is dark while using light theme. submitted by /u/mohammed0106 [link] [comments]...
  9. Dark Theme for File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    Dark Theme for File Explorer?: Hi, I've noticed that my version of Windows 10 supports a Dark Theme which I've selected, but that File Explorer continues to be bright white. Is there some way I can change this so that it's dark as well? My OS information: Edition: Windows 10 Home Version: 1803 Installed...
  10. Dark Theme Explorer Bug

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dark Theme Explorer Bug: Ever since the dark themed explorer came out, I have this one issue that I tried to fix for quite some time. My explorer looks ugly and well, this. Look at the menu, the accent color, smaller text. Color isn't what it should be, and is unreadable without highlighting AND...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. keep light theme for explorer