Windows 10: Keep File History Working But Remove Drive Letter (Hide in Explorer)

Discus and support Keep File History Working But Remove Drive Letter (Hide in Explorer) in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Win10 V1909. Title says it all. I plug hot swap and image many drives in a day and I am stick of looking at my file history drive in Windows Explorer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by ENRKyle20, Dec 27, 2019.

1. ENRKyle20 Win User

Keep File History Working But Remove Drive Letter (Hide in Explorer)

Win10 V1909. Title says it all.
    I plug hot swap and image many drives in a day and I am stick of looking at my file history drive in Windows Explorer. Is it possible to remove the drive letter and still keep file history working?
    OR
    Can I hide it from explorer without removing the drive letter? (And still allow File History to work)

Thanks

:)

ENRKyle20, Dec 27, 2019
  2. JBOWIE62 Win User

File Explorer- no drive letters are listed.

Original Title: File Explorer

I am trying to open File Explorer with my drives listed on the right. I only have the files in the first column and no drive letters are listed.

JBOWIE62, Dec 27, 2019
  3. fusk Win User
    How to hide drive from explorer without removing drive letter.

Thanks, i'll give that a try.

That would not work, as mentioned in the post. Most programs where you can assign a temp drive would not be able to access a drive with no drive letter as you wouldn't be able to select the drive in that programs settings.

4. Lazzer408 Win User

help. USB drive isn't assigned a drive letter.

Any usb flash drive I plug into my computer isn't assigned a drive letter. The physical drive shows in the "safely remove hardware" but it doesnt show up in disk management. I have tried to populate the volume thru the safely remove hardware properties window and it does pop up in the list but it doesn't stay there. This isn't a format or assign a letter problem. It's more complicated then that. Maybe one of the services needed for usb drive management was disabled? Suggestions needed. btw external usb harddrives work fine.

Lazzer408, Dec 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Keep File History Working But Remove Drive Letter (Hide in Explorer) - Similar Threads - Keep File History

2. Remove network location mapped to drive letter from File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remove network location mapped to drive letter from File Explorer: Unable to remove a network location, mapped to a drive letter, from File Explorer. Right click Disconnect gives Error "This network connection does not exist". Right click Properties shows "Disconnected Network Drive"....
  3. Remove network location mapped to drive letter from File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove network location mapped to drive letter from File Explorer: Unable to remove a network location, mapped to a drive letter, from File Explorer. Right click Disconnect gives Error "This network connection does not exist". Right click Properties shows "Disconnected Network Drive"....
  4. Remove network location mapped to drive letter from File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. file explorer letter before drive letter in search

file explorer letter before drive letter in search: when i did a search in file manager it showed the file as "rc:******" why is there a letter before the drive and what does it mean f and r are the letters that are shown before the drive...
  6. hide partiton in explorer without removing the drive letter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hide partiton in explorer without removing the drive letter: is it possible to hide a partiton in explorer without removing the drive letter ? thanks 149180
  7. File history not working on a USB Drive

File history not working on a USB Drive: I use File History as one of my back-up strategies for my computer. I started using File History on this machine in Windows 8 and continued it into Windows 10. My back-up drive for file history is a 4tb USB drive named Backup and given the drive letter of (I). Due to my...
  8. Drive letter missing in Windows File Explorer

in Windows 10 News
    Drive letter missing in Windows File Explorer: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]On rare occasions, you may find that the Drive letter is missing from File Explorer following the installation of an Update . If you have experienced this issue, here’s a way to get past the problem. A drive letter represents [...] This post Drive letter...
  9. How to hide drive from explorer without removing drive letter.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to hide drive from explorer without removing drive letter.: Hi. I just installed a small ssd drive to be used by a program as a temp drive. Now that i've set the app to use G: as temp drive, i do not need to interact with the drive again. Set it and forget it. So how do i hide the drive from explorer without breaking everything ?...
  10. Hide or Show Drive Letters in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show Drive Letters in Windows 10: How to: Hide or Show Drive Letters in Windows 10 How to Hide or Show Drive Letters in Windows 10 [img] Information A drive letter is a single alphabetic character A through Z that has been assigned to a physical drive or drive partition in the computer. This...