Windows 10: Keep getting a "Bad image error 0xc0000006". This is serious.

Discus and support Keep getting a "Bad image error 0xc0000006". This is serious. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; For around a year now I have been getting a consistent error if I were to ever open most default windows apps like Movies and Video and Music. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Nazon6, Dec 28, 2020.

1. /u/Nazon6 Win User

Keep getting a "Bad image error 0xc0000006". This is serious.

For around a year now I have been getting a consistent error if I were to ever open most default windows apps like Movies and Video and Music. This also allows me to not use the Start button. It just doesn't work. I am also not able to reset it or go into "Disk Management" in the control panel, and running CMD even as administrator gives me the same error.

At first I thought the issue involved my BIOS, so I just updated it (I have a gigabyte motherboard and I just updated it to version F14b) and it went through fine. But the error is reoccurring in Windows and the BIOS update didn't seem to make a difference. I had a professional technician from PC Utilities take REMOTE CONTROL of my PC and he couldn't figure out what was going on and he said that it was not normal.

Any advice would be helpful, so whatever comes to mind would help, but I doubt it's something I haven't already tried.

submitted by /u/Nazon6
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Nazon6, Dec 28, 2020
  2. Remon Ont Win User

error 0xc0000006

Hi John,

To assist you regarding your concern, we would like to know some information:

• Have you done any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    You can check the troubleshooting steps provided on the links below.

link1

link2

Keep us posted.

Remon Ont, Dec 28, 2020
  3. DXSETUP.exe- Bad Image ERROR

The error message DXSETUP.exe- Bad Image ERROR that you are getting may be due to a corrupted software on the computer. However, we need to perform some troubleshooting steps to isolate the cause of this concern. Before we proceed, kindly
    answer the following:

• Which application are you trying to download from Steam?
    • Are you experiencing this to all application you are trying to download?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of the error message that you are getting when downloading application? Make sure that you remove all personal information.

Charianne Per, Dec 28, 2020
  4. Rose Ter Win User

Windows Bad Image error

Hi Laura,

To better assist you regarding the “Windows bad Image error message” on your computer, please clarify the following:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Since when are you experiencing the issue?
    • Is it still an ongoing issue on your computer?
    • Any recent changes made prior to the issue?

Regards.

Rose Ter, Dec 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Keep getting a "Bad image error 0xc0000006". This is serious. - Similar Threads - Keep getting Bad

2. I keep getting this Bad image error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I keep getting this Bad image error: Anytime i open a file its mad annoying ive tried many ways to fix but none seem to work i need some assistance asap i dont seem to know what caused the problem...
  3. I keep getting this Bad image error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I keep getting this Bad image error: Anytime i open a file its mad annoying ive tried many ways to fix but none seem to work i need some assistance asap i dont seem to know what caused the problem...
  4. Why do I keep getting the same bad image error?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I keep getting the same bad image error?: I had this long persisting issue of a "bad image" warning on almost every app, reinstalling apps didn't work but running a command prompt repair while the error was happening at the same time would fix only one app, I already talked to some people but they stopped responding...
  5. Why do I keep getting a "bad image" error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I keep getting a "bad image" error: This all started a month ago, the PC displayed a "bad image" error with EVERY app I open, even Microsoft apps have the issue, sometimes the apps will launch and give the error at the same time and other times the app will only launch once you click "ok" on every message that...
  6. Why do I keep getting a "bad image" error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do I keep getting a "bad image" error: This all started a month ago, the PC displayed a "bad image" error with EVERY app I open, even Microsoft apps have the issue, sometimes the apps will launch and give the error at the same time and other times the app will only launch once you click "ok" on every message that...
  7. Fix Bad Image Error Status 0xc0000006 on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Bad Image Error Status 0xc0000006 on Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]In some cases when you try to launch a program already installed or try to install programs, including Microsoft Store apps on your Windows 11 or Windows 10 PC, you may encounter the Bad Image Error Status 0xc0000006. This post provides the most suitable solutions...
  8. Error (0xc0000006)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Error (0xc0000006): So from like one week I am getting error 0xc0000006) when I try to start an app. The only apps that works for me right now are Avast, Firefox and Edge. Can someone help me fix this error ? Thank you! submitted by /u/BlackMait [link] [comments]...
  9. 0xc0000006 error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    0xc0000006 error: 0xc000006 error occured on my laptop when i was using it and after that my screen start turning off and on and its saying everytime that it needs to restart but it didn't help and it continued the process again and again. Please help...
  10. error code 0xc0000006

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    error code 0xc0000006: When I try to open Open Office documents or another database I get a message saying application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000006) How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code-0xc0000006/47039af9-8cd4-4689-a3f2-498f10e4ef94
Tags: