Windows 10: keep getting a message saying "where do you want to install"

Discus and support keep getting a message saying "where do you want to install" in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi, i bougt fh3 in the Microsoft store, and a few dlc's im trying to download them but i krep getting a message saying "where do you want to install... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Breydengillam, May 5, 2020.

1. keep getting a message saying "where do you want to install"

Hi, i bougt fh3 in the Microsoft store, and a few dlc's im trying to download them but i krep getting a message saying "where do you want to install

It looks like you dont have any applicable devices. To install, sign in on a device with your Microsoft account." I'm trying to download them on my acer nitro 5 laptop, the game download just fine but none of the dlc's wilk download, the sooner i can get some help the better. Thank you.

:)

Breydengillam, May 5, 2020

2. FH3 and GOW4 0x80073cf9

Well, I have just dl Microsoft Mahjong and Forza Apex and they are installed on my S drive. No error message, it works perfectly. Directories are on S/WindowsApps and I can open them and see the files with no trouble (what I can't do on C with Forza Horizon
    3).

So, I suggest, that the problem is with FH3 and with GOW4. So, I suggest that the problem is "Play anywhere" games. So, I hope Microsoft WILL FIX this problem rapidly. Cause actually it is rather "Play anywhere but ONLY install it on C".

3. FH3 and GOW4 0x80073cf9

I have a problem with FH3 and GOW4. My OS is on a SSD (C), and I have 2 others drives (1 SSD 250GO (S) and 1HD 1TO (E) for my games.

I can dl the game on my SSD (C) with my OS without problem, but if I decide to dl them on my other drives (S or E), after 29mb for FH3 and 47mb for GOW4 :

0x80073cf9

The problem is that I have only 120GO on C, so I can't install FH3 and GOW4 at the same time. And GOW4 is just too big for 120Go.

I install all my steam games on E or S without any troubles for 3 years.

4. Ryan Pag Win User

keep getting a message saying "where do you want to install"

FH3 and GOW4 0x80073cf9

To further isolate the issue, may you please tell us if the games Forza Horizon 3 and Gears of War 4 are 64-bit game?

Thema:

keep getting a message saying "where do you want to install"

1. keep getting a message saying "where do you want to install" - Similar Threads - keep getting message

2. Keep getting this message..

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keep getting this message..: [ATTACH] The only thing thats really changed with my computer since yesterday is Windows 10 updates. That's it. Please help me with this. This is the first time its done this....
  3. Unable to install Amazon Prime Windows 10 app - "Where do you want to install?"??

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to install Amazon Prime Windows 10 app - "Where do you want to install?"??: Trying to install the Prime Vidoe app, I signed in to the store, got the code texted to my phone, and then this error message comes up: Where do you want to install? It looks like you don’t have any applicable devices linked to your Microsoft account. To install, sign in...
  4. "How do you want to open this file?" message

in Windows 10 Customization
    "How do you want to open this file?" message: Every time i turn on my windows 10 laptop i get this pop up message that says "how do you want to open this file?" with several applications to choose from, and when i type "%appdata% in the run command box i get that same message. How do i fix that?[ATTACH]...
  5. A blue screen pops up and says it has found a backup and where do you want to put it:...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A blue screen pops up and says it has found a backup and where do you want to put it:...: This is on Microsoft Solitaire Collection. I don't want it to keep building up and don't want to save any. Does anyone know how to shut this off altogether. I have tried for days to find and cannot!...
  6. Windows 10 install - Stuck in Collecting information(where do you want to install windows?)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 install - Stuck in Collecting information(where do you want to install windows?): [IMG]Good day, recently I bought an ssd for my laptop(Sony Vaio Vpcsb16fg) considering the hdd had became sluggish. I installed the mediacreation tool to install windows 10 via a usb. I followed each step in different tutorials on how to make the clean install. However, when...
  7. Where do u want to install? Error?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Where do u want to install? Error?: Keep getting this when i try and buy and intall the new State of decay heartland onto my pc thing is i dont have any other devices hooked up. Doing to for 2 other dlc's for that game aswell. Any suggestions?...
  8. Where do you want to install?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where do you want to install?: I am slightly at my wit's end... I am desperately trying to install the DSTV Now and Showmax app from the Microsoft Online Store. I have successfully 'purchased' the app from the store, but when I go to 'install on my devices' I get a dialogue box saying "It looks like you...
  9. Where do you want to install? dialog doesn't list all devices

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Where do you want to install? dialog doesn't list all devices: I'm attempting to install iTunes from the Windows Store on my local machine, but my local machine doesn't appear in the list of available devices. I confirmed that I'm logged into my MS account on the local machine and then did the following. Using Edge: 1) I...
  10. Keep getting message "Updates Installed"

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Keep getting message "Updates Installed": I got a crazy alert! virus! blah blah and the damned computer was screaming at me. I tried to close it down, but I was on the phone and didn't have time to fool with it so I hit the power button. When rebooting I hit f6 to boot to safe mode. Interestingly it stated,...