Windows 10: keep getting a message saying "where do you want to install"

Discus and support keep getting a message saying "where do you want to install" in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi, i bougt fh3 in the Microsoft store, and a few dlc's im trying to download them but i krep getting a message saying "where do you want to install... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Breydengillam, May 5, 2020.

1. keep getting a message saying "where do you want to install"

Hi, i bougt fh3 in the Microsoft store, and a few dlc's im trying to download them but i krep getting a message saying "where do you want to install

It looks like you dont have any applicable devices. To install, sign in on a device with your Microsoft account." I'm trying to download them on my acer nitro 5 laptop, the game download just fine but none of the dlc's wilk download, the sooner i can get some help the better. Thank you.

:)

Breydengillam, May 5, 2020

2. FH3 and GOW4 0x80073cf9

Well, I have just dl Microsoft Mahjong and Forza Apex and they are installed on my S drive. No error message, it works perfectly. Directories are on S/WindowsApps and I can open them and see the files with no trouble (what I can't do on C with Forza Horizon
    3).

So, I suggest, that the problem is with FH3 and with GOW4. So, I suggest that the problem is "Play anywhere" games. So, I hope Microsoft WILL FIX this problem rapidly. Cause actually it is rather "Play anywhere but ONLY install it on C".

BouvetRémi, May 23, 2020
  3. FH3 and GOW4 0x80073cf9

I have a problem with FH3 and GOW4. My OS is on a SSD (C), and I have 2 others drives (1 SSD 250GO (S) and 1HD 1TO (E) for my games.

I can dl the game on my SSD (C) with my OS without problem, but if I decide to dl them on my other drives (S or E), after 29mb for FH3 and 47mb for GOW4 :

0x80073cf9

The problem is that I have only 120GO on C, so I can't install FH3 and GOW4 at the same time. And GOW4 is just too big for 120Go.

I install all my steam games on E or S without any troubles for 3 years.

BouvetRémi, May 23, 2020
  4. Ryan Pag Win User

keep getting a message saying "where do you want to install"

FH3 and GOW4 0x80073cf9

To further isolate the issue, may you please tell us if the games Forza Horizon 3 and Gears of War 4 are 64-bit game?

Ryan Pag, May 23, 2020
Thema:

keep getting a message saying "where do you want to install"

1. keep getting a message saying "where do you want to install" - Similar Threads - keep getting message

2. Where do you want to install Windows? 0x80300024

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where do you want to install Windows? 0x80300024: Hey, recently just built myself new pc for the first time, the only thing I really kept from the last build was the storage. Either way when I got into windows I couldn’t connect to the network because I just “DIDN’T” have any network drivers, so I though “something might’ve...
  3. Where do you want to install Windows? 0x80300024

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where do you want to install Windows? 0x80300024: Hey, recently just built myself new pc for the first time, the only thing I really kept from the last build was the storage. Either way when I got into windows I couldn’t connect to the network because I just “DIDN’T” have any network drivers, so I though “something might’ve...
  4. Where do you want to install Windows? 0x80300024

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Keep getting "How do you want to open this?"

Keep getting "How do you want to open this?": Recently I've been getting this pop up asking me "How do you want to open this?" it happens after a reboot and I'm not opening anything. I don't have to even touch my computer. It gives me 3 options:Dell Mobile Connect Dell Mobile Connect 3.3Look for an app in the Microsoft...
  6. Installation fails at "Where do you want to install Windows?"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installation fails at "Where do you want to install Windows?": I am attempting to install Windows 10 on a Lenovo 580G Laptop. The old hard drive was replaced by a 450 GB SSD which before installation in the Lenovo was initialized and formatted on another Windows Laptop ACER Aspire 515-54 via a USB-to-SATA adapter. The initialize and...
  7. "Where do you want to install?"

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    "Where do you want to install?": "It looks like you don’t have any applicable devices linked to your Microsoft account. To install, sign in on a device with your Microsoft account" Have tried everything from numerous amounts of youtube tutorials to reddit and still can't find any solutions. This is my last...
  8. Where do you want to install

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Where do you want to install: It looks like you dont have any applicable devices linked to your microsoft account. to install, sign in on a device with your microsoft account this is what i get when i try to download an app im signed in and still cant download...
  9. Microsoft store cannot install it keeps saying- Where do you want to install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store cannot install it keeps saying- Where do you want to install: can somebody help me i cannot install the DLC that i bought i keeps telling me i need to sign in but im already signed in it keep saying where to install please help me [ATTACH]...
  10. Where do you want to install?

Where do you want to install?: I am slightly at my wit's end... I am desperately trying to install the DSTV Now and Showmax app from the Microsoft Online Store. I have successfully 'purchased' the app from the store, but when I go to 'install on my devices' I get a dialogue box saying "It looks like you...