Windows 10: Keep getting a script error in IE

Discus and support Keep getting a script error in IE in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I get the script error shown in the attached jpg file both in my desktop and my Lenovo laptop. Any ideas? [img] 36334 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by rfrharbin, Jan 4, 2016.

1. rfrharbin Win User

Keep getting a script error in IE

I get the script error shown in the attached jpg file both in my desktop and my Lenovo laptop.
    Any ideas?
    Keep getting a script error in IE [​IMG]

:)

rfrharbin, Jan 4, 2016

2. I keep getting a script error box on various sites. If I click 'yes', then it goes away and everything is fine.

Hello John,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I request you to refer the following articles:

Error Message: An Error Has Occurred In the Script on This Page

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/183808

How to troubleshoot script errors in Internet Explorer

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/308260

(Both applicable for Windows 10)

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Jan 4, 2016
  3. john3650 Win User
    I keep getting a script error box on various sites. If I click 'yes', then it goes away and everything is fine.

Thank you for your reply. I have followed the links, although error notification was already turned off. This problem has only occurred since the W10 upgrade, and does not occur on chrome browser.

I do not have Java on my computer, but presumably if that was the fault then Chrome would have the same errors?

john3650, Jan 4, 2016
  4. Private Win User

Private, Jan 4, 2016
  5. rfrharbin Win User
    It has been doing it for a weeks and finally go time to work on it. It is most likely any site, I did not know enough to notice.

Thanks I followed the instructions and have confidence that the problem is solved

rfrharbin, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Keep getting a script error in IE - Similar Threads - Keep getting script

2. Getting script error on BOOT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting script error on BOOT: Getting two `Windows script host` on boot of windows 11 os. Can anyone help me fix this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-script-error-on-boot/25f5a794-2f6a-4672-bfa6-fda5c5ce4c9c
  3. Getting script error on BOOT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting script error on BOOT: Getting two `Windows script host` on boot of windows 11 os. Can anyone help me fix this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-script-error-on-boot/25f5a794-2f6a-4672-bfa6-fda5c5ce4c9c
  4. Blocking Scripting and Trusted Zones to secure IE code

Blocking Scripting and Trusted Zones to secure IE code: In Windows 11, 10, 8.1, and 7, Internet Options has a Zone section under Security. Since IE is still a part of even Windows 11, I'd like to use this feature to make Windows more secure by setting Scripting/Active Scripting to Prompt instead of Allow in the Internet Zone. To...
  5. Blocking Scripting and Trusted Zones to secure IE code

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Blocking Scripting and Trusted Zones to secure IE code: In Windows 11, 10, 8.1, and 7, Internet Options has a Zone section under Security. Since IE is still a part of even Windows 11, I'd like to use this feature to make Windows more secure by setting Scripting/Active Scripting to Prompt instead of Allow in the Internet Zone. To...
  6. Chrome & IE Export Script

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Chrome & IE Export Script: I have to transition my team from Win 7 to Win 10. We have a mix of Chrome and IE. I am looking for a script that can export all of their bookmarks and passwords for both IE and Chrome ...for easy import into Chrome Only on the New Win 10 machines. Trying to avoid a lot of...
  7. Can't change language script in IE 11.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't change language script in IE 11.: Internet explorer -> internet option -> fonts -> language script. in the above section, I changed language script from Latin based to Korean. But my change is never saved. so, I can't read any sentence due to the font error. I tried to change other options. but it...
  8. Keep getting jaca script error

Keep getting jaca script error: When I go to certain sites I get a java script error,,and there is no simple solution that I can understand.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_entertainment/keep-getting-jaca-script-error/956c80ba-188e-4c00-b4b9-e150d19900f9
  9. Making IE the default browser via the registry or script

in Browsers and Email
    Making IE the default browser via the registry or script: Hi, Is there a way to automate changing the default browser from Edge to IE. We are still dependent on IE and can not deploy W10 with Edge as the default. Thanks for any help you can provide. 28822
  10. IE - How to delete content with a batch/script file?

IE - How to delete content with a batch/script file?: I've looked all over and was wondering if I could get some help here. I work where there are public machines, and we tell people NOT to use Internet Explorer, BUT only 10% of people actually adhere to this. That's life. I've noticed that with IE, when the computer crashes,...