Windows 10: Keep getting a second blank word document on desktop

Discus and support Keep getting a second blank word document on desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi Every time I create a Windows document using Windows 10, and save it to the desktop, it creates a second document also on the desktop. This is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ShelleyJonesxx, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Keep getting a second blank word document on desktop

Hi

Every time I create a Windows document using Windows 10, and save it to the desktop, it creates a second document also on the desktop. This is a blank icon. When I tried to open the file it says: ‘file conversion, select the encoding that makes you document readable’. This is driving me nuts as I end up with all these blank icons and have to keep deleting them. The original document is fine. Please can anyone help.

:)

ShelleyJonesxx, Jul 10, 2020
  2. Writer Win User

Opening a new Document, I get two Blank Documents instead of one

@Ztruker

There must be a difference in Microsoft Word Versions. When I left click on the Word Tile, I get a full-screen display and not a blank document. Again, it's a full-screen-display and not a drop-down. In order to Launch the blank word document, I have to left click on the first option in the top left corner of the full-screen-display; that option reads: Blank Document.

When I right click on the Word Tile, I get a drop-down window exactly like yours.

Getting back to my problem of getting two blank documents when I left click on the Word Tile: After I boot up, the first time I open a Blank Word Document, I only get one; however, the second time, I get two. Again: it just started doing that recently.

Writer, Jul 10, 2020
  3. Open Word 2019 in a ndw blank document

Hi there,

How do I get Word to open into a new blank document and without the Navigation pane to the left? I have looked into the Word Options windows. I do not seem to see anything related to that there.

Thanks,
    Jeff

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.18363.657]

Keep getting  a second blank word document on desktop [​IMG]

JeffFinnan, Jul 10, 2020
  4. marinro Win User

Keep getting a second blank word document on desktop

Folder Freeze when trying to click on a Word Document. HELP

Hi there,

I came across a very weird bug/issue.

Use Case

Step 1: Create a word document on Desktop and name it TestFreeze

Step 2: Test that you can open the word document and write something like 'Testing freeze folder' ->save it

Step 3: Create a folder on Desktop and name it FreezeMe

Step 4: Copy 'TestFreeze' document in the 'FreezeMe' folder

Step 5: Open the 'FreezeMe' folder and select/click 'TestFreeze' document

Result: Folder Not Responding

Additional Information

I have run some tests and it does not matter:

• if it is a new or old Microsoft word file
    • if the document has content in it or not
    • if it has a long/short name or special characters
    • it does not matter the folder or the name of the folder in which you put the file in
    I also tried with an excel file and seems that I do not experience the same issue.

Microsoft version: 16.0.9330.2073

Windows version: 10.0.17134 Build 17134 with all updates up to date

If there is anything else I can provide to help sort this out, please do let me know.

Opened to any suggestions on how to fix this, as it is very frustrating.

Thanks

marinro, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

Keep getting a second blank word document on desktop

1. Keep getting a second blank word document on desktop - Similar Threads - Keep getting second

2. word document

in Windows 10 Gaming
    word document: My word document isnt opening up on my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-document/8a0d49a1-2a9b-4d81-b0ab-2d0b28a561bd
  3. Saving Word documents to desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saving Word documents to desktop: I am returning to using Microsoft Windows and have questions about saving word documents. Since more than a few people use Word for writing, private reports, music and other things of a personal nature or in need of protection, why is saving to the cloud the preferred method...
  4. Saving Word documents to desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saving Word documents to desktop: I am returning to using Microsoft Windows and have questions about saving word documents. Since more than a few people use Word for writing, private reports, music and other things of a personal nature or in need of protection, why is saving to the cloud the preferred method...
  5. Saving Word documents to desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. desktop documents changed from pdf to word

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop documents changed from pdf to word: My desktop icon documents changed from pdf to Word, how do I change them back to pdf. I don't know what I did to change them I didn't want to. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-documents-changed-from-pdf-to-word/ba62052a-9bbd-4b0a-a391-2f43a2b8f699
  7. Choosing blank Word document opens two Word sessions

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Choosing blank Word document opens two Word sessions: I'm using Office Pro 2019 Retail build 2002 (12527.20278). When one Word session is already open (be it a blank or saved document) and I choose to open another new blank Word session by clicking on the Office Word app (in Start menu) and then choosing "Blank document", it...
  8. Open Word 2019 in a ndw blank document

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Open Word 2019 in a ndw blank document: Hi there, How do I get Word to open into a new blank document and without the Navigation pane to the left? I have looked into the Word Options windows. I do not seem to see anything related to that there. Thanks, Jeff Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.18363.657] [img] 150470
  9. Excel will not open at all and Word is saving documents as blank. Also getting error message

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Excel will not open at all and Word is saving documents as blank. Also getting error message: I cannot open Excel at all. Word documents will open but are saving blank and now I'm getting the following error: C:?Windows/System32/msxml6.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original...
  10. Desktop icons are blank and Windows 10 keeps on opening documents

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icons are blank and Windows 10 keeps on opening documents: Split from this thread. I have the same problem but the change icon button is not available so cannot do any of that. Has anyone any other solutions? All of my icons went blank and also work keeps opening new documents without me wanting them- one after the other. All...