Windows 10: Keep getting BSOD after waking the laptop from sleep

Discus and support Keep getting BSOD after waking the laptop from sleep in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I am having this issue where windows will wake from sleep with BSOD. I would greatly appreciate any help in analyzing the minidump and identifying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DanielLow1, Feb 20, 2021.

1. Keep getting BSOD after waking the laptop from sleep

Hi, I am having this issue where windows will wake from sleep with BSOD. I would greatly appreciate any help in analyzing the minidump and identifying what could be the issue. The minidump can be found here https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArFlxMPh2-S7hT9LAd1gK8FOkA-N?e=vE4Atr

I can reproduce it with high probability by doing the following:

Cold boot computer into windows.

Without logging in, choose to put computer to sleep

Wake computer either with key press or power button

Often, it shows the BSOD here, in cases where it brings me back to the login page, repeating the steps to put it to sleep and waking it will eventually cause the BSOD.

I can't really recall the event that triggered this unfortunately as it's been a few months now. It could have been a windows update, or a motherboard firmware update. I was hoping it would resolve itself but it hasn't and it's starting to annoy me as I usually leave my work progress and put my computer to sleep.

Keep getting BSOD after waking the laptop from sleep 626dad0e-de36-42a4-a853-98e72ed6537a?upload=true.jpg

Any assistance is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Daniel

:)

DanielLow1, Feb 20, 2021

2. BSOD due to netadaptercx.sys after waking the PC from Sleep

Hi Prakhar,

The steps you suggested did not solve the problem. I am still experiencing the BSOD when waking the computer from sleep. If you have an other suggestions they'd be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Chris

ChrisBarber2, Feb 20, 2021
  3. Chadi Win User
    ASUS Laptop Won't Wake from Sleep Mode

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
    System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
    System Model UX490UAR
    System Type x64-based PC
    SMBIOS Version 3.0

Problem: about 80% of the time, my laptop won't wake up from sleep mode via keyboard press or mouse move/click. I seem to be missing many common features in power plan too, even after fresh Windows 10 install.

Troubleshooting Steps:

1. Reinstalled Windows 10 (clean)
    2. Updated all drivers
    3. Replicated on multiple Windows 10 versions, updates
    4. BIOS latest version
    5. No USB devices attached, ever. Only USB-C power and bluetooth mouse
    6. Disabled "fast startup" in control panel

Keep getting BSOD after waking the laptop from sleep [​IMG]

Chadi, Feb 20, 2021
  4. Keep getting BSOD after waking the laptop from sleep

wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 20, 2021
Thema:

Keep getting BSOD after waking the laptop from sleep

1. Keep getting BSOD after waking the laptop from sleep - Similar Threads - Keep getting BSOD

2. Laptop keeps getting BSOD when waking up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keeps getting BSOD when waking up from sleep mode: Laptop always get BSOD when waking up from screen mode. This could if I manual put it to sleep and wait awhile or leave for a long time and come back. Event viewer shows this every time it reboots:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000019c...
  3. Laptop keeps getting BSOD when waking up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop keeps getting BSOD when waking up from sleep mode: Laptop always get BSOD when waking up from screen mode. This could if I manual put it to sleep and wait awhile or leave for a long time and come back. Event viewer shows this every time it reboots:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000019c...
  4. Bsod after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bsod after waking from sleep: Hello,I'm having bsod lately after waking pc from sleep, I can't catch that screen, it goes off really quick.it's a new pc, installed win10 about a month agohere's my dmp fileshttps://1drv.ms/u/s!AqFHk3GAh2ODgfZFUZ7hWiJMBPtoDg?e=wVsUqh...
  5. Bsod after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bsod after waking from sleep: Hello,I'm having bsod lately after waking pc from sleep, I can't catch that screen, it goes off really quick.it's a new pc, installed win10 about a month agohere's my dmp fileshttps://1drv.ms/u/s!AqFHk3GAh2ODgfZFUZ7hWiJMBPtoDg?e=wVsUqh...
  6. Bsod after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. BSOD after wake from sleep

BSOD after wake from sleep: Every once in a while when my computer wakes from sleep it experiences a BSOD and restarts. This doesn't happen every time, but it's been happening for a few months now so it's quite annoying. I've installed all the latest windows 10 updates and video card driver, but it...
  8. BSOD on waking laptop from sleep

BSOD on waking laptop from sleep: Attached is the file from DM collector. My laptop occasionally BSOD when I wake it from sleep. Hopefully someone has any ideas as to why. Thanks in advance *Smile Attachment 115619 73833
  9. BSOD after waking from sleep

BSOD after waking from sleep: Hey guys, i am stumped on this one, every time i have put my computer to sleep after waking it it will show my pin to type in but it freezes there and the bsod after about 5secs, i have done a memtest and that passed, but yeah no idea. hopefully someone can help. 25091
  10. BSOD On Laptop Waking From Sleep

BSOD On Laptop Waking From Sleep: Hi, Recently, whenever I wake my laptop up from sleep (from closing the lid and then opening it again), sometimes I get a BSOD. I think it started when I updated the Intel graphics driver, so I've booted into safe mode, uninstalled and reinstalled the driver, and I...