Windows 10: Keep getting Default Gateway not found error

Discus and support Keep getting Default Gateway not found error in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I moved in to the new apartment and since the Wifi reception wasn't so great I asked the landlord to install a Fritz Repeater 600. Now I get the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by zhaider, Sep 29, 2019.

1. zhaider Win User

Keep getting Default Gateway not found error

Hi,

I moved in to the new apartment and since the Wifi reception wasn't so great I asked the landlord to install a Fritz Repeater 600. Now I get the signals but every 5 mins I drop connection to the internet due to Default Gateway not found error. That never happened to me before ever and my system and the software all are same. The internet works if I either reset the Wifi, Plug/Unplug the repeater etc. but only for 5 mins. By the way, I have a desktop PC and I'm using TP-Link TLWN-725N as my USB Wifi Adapter.

I know this is a common problem and there are tons of articles on it but nothing worked for me. I already tried:

• Setting the power options to High Performance/Never allow Windows to turn this device off
    • Update the drivers (It automatically picked Realtek driver but I also tried by manually downloading the TP-Link driver)
    • Can't downgrade to 802.11g since n is the only option I get
    • Enable/Disable Firewall (I'm using ESET Internet Security)
    • netsh int ip reset
    • Manually assigning Gateway/IP

I should also mention that I don't have root access to the actual Router as it's in another adjacent apartment so I can't really tinker with it much. Also I all my other devices work without any issues like my Macbook and Phone. It's driving me crazy, can someone please help me out with this?

Thanks.

:)

zhaider, Sep 29, 2019

2. Windows 7, default gateway not available

As the title suggests, I've been receiving the error that my default gateway is missing. I tried uninstalling the network adaptors and restarting but that did not help, so any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.

AustinJackson1, Sep 29, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Wifi ''Default gateway not available'' problem

I have gone through the link but it does not offer any help if there is not default gateway listed. Under default gateway it lists nothing. Please help.

ANGELAGABBERT, Sep 29, 2019
  4. Rata2E Win User

Default Gateway not available

The "default gateway not available error" occurs frequently when connected to my ISP's modem. This causes the internet connection to drop frequently and I have to run the troubleshooter to restore connection. I have gone through
    all of the steps in the article

Fix network connection issues in Windows

The problem persists.

Rata2E, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Keep getting Default Gateway not found error - Similar Threads - Keep getting Default

2. default gateway

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    default gateway: Just recently my computer has stopped connecting the the internet. It is sporadic. I troubleshoot and I get this message:The default gateway is not available. I play around with it for a while and then it reconnects. All our other devices are connected just fine. I restarted...
  3. Error: "The default gateway is not available"?

Error: "The default gateway is not available"?: My WLAN-powered PC is constantly struggling with connection failures. When the connection is lost again, I start the Windows network diagnostics and the following is displayed: Problems found: The default gateway is not available - Fixed. After that it goes then also...
  4. "Default gateway not available' keeps occuring.

"Default gateway not available' keeps occuring.: I have no internet access and everyone except for my personal computer can get internet. But everytime i go to troubleshooter it fixes it and i get internet again. But after some time, it goes no internet access again and i got to troubleshooter again to fix it and it occurs...
  5. Default Gateway Not Available Error

Default Gateway Not Available Error: At the beginning of this month, I got fiber internet installed in my house and ever since then I keep getting the error "The default gateway is not available." At first, I was getting this error multiple times a day, but recently I have not been getting it as often and for a...
  6. Default gateway keeps dropping

Default gateway keeps dropping: After downloading the new cumulative updates the default gateway is not available error keeps popping up.even after troubleshooting and getting it fixed after a few minutes it shows up again.what should I do 121818
  7. Default Gateway Not Available

Default Gateway Not Available: I have been having this problem for months now... every time I attempt transfer a large amount of data between my computers, one or both of the machines lose their network connection and windows does the "Default Gateway is not available thing" I have looked online and tried...
  8. New router, "Default Gateway Not Available" error

New router, "Default Gateway Not Available" error: You'll have to excuse me as I explain this as best I can; I'm not the most tech savvy individual, but I'll do my best to explain my problem in as much detail as possible. I had been having a lot of trouble with my wifi and purchased a new router last month (info below). At...
  9. Default gateway not available

Default gateway not available: Help! I've searched for hours for help on this issue and can't seem to solve my limited internet issue. First it was showing up: IP not configured correctly I input the following (which I found off another random site so don't even know if it's right) IP:...
  10. Default Gateway Not Available

Default Gateway Not Available: I have been having this problem for months now... every time I attempt transfer a large amount of data between my computers, one or both of the machines lose their network connection and windows does the "Default Gateway is not available thing" I have looked online and...