Windows 10: keep getting locked our of RDS and have to have manager unlock countinuously

Discus and support keep getting locked our of RDS and have to have manager unlock countinuously in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; keep getting locked out of RDS when I put in my name and password and have to have manager unlock continuously is there anything I could do to change... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Cjwaffles, Apr 12, 2020.

1. Cjwaffles Win User

keep getting locked our of RDS and have to have manager unlock countinuously

keep getting locked out of RDS when I put in my name and password

and have to have manager unlock continuously is there anything I could do to change on my end to fix

:)

Cjwaffles, Apr 12, 2020
  2. LouA_607 Win User

manage-bde on Windows 10: unlocking and locking

I have encrypted a backup drive on my PC for the first time using Bitlocker. It is drive L: on my PC. I only use it for backup and want to make it less vulnerable to the possibility of a Ransomware attack. Once the drive was encrypted, I began to play
    with the unlocking feature on Bitlocker on Windows 10 (1511). It unlocked perfectly using my password. Then I became interested in re-locking the drive. Since no "lock" command was found when right-clicking in explorer on the drive, I searched the Internet
    for a way to lock the drive after I was done transferring files to it. I found this article (Jonamafun's racetrack: How to re-lock a Bitlocker drive) about how to create a .bat file and getting it to execute from the right-click menu in
    explorer. It works and I can access it by right-clicking and selecting "Lock" in the menu. (Note that I had to tweak what was presented in the article by making sure to include "cmd /c" in step 6. as noted by one of the respondents to the article.)

The problem I'm having is once I unlock the drive, do my backups, and then lock by this method, it is impossible to unlock it again unless I reboot the PC. If I try to unlock, I get a message saying that the drive is already unlocked. Does anyone have
    a guess as to what might be going on?? The batch file being accessed is using only one line: manage-bde.exe -lock L: -fd

Thanks

Lou

LouA_607, Apr 12, 2020
  3. yolan7 Win User
    Nokia 928 lock/unlock feature

Hi,

I have a Nokia 928. I have a lock screen activated. When I hit the side button to unlock my phone, there is no response. If I hold the volume down button long enough to prompt to turn off, then I am able to swipe up and unlock my phone using my code.
    At this point, the following occurred:

• if I hit the lock button my phone will not respond.
    • If i hit the volume up while the phone is unlocked. It states that "Something has changed...hold the volume up button and the lock button to take a screen shot."
    • If I touch the volume down button, the screen will prompt "shut down" by swiping down.

The battery is fully charged. Do you have any suggestions on how to fix this issue?

yolan7, Apr 12, 2020
  4. LouA_607 Win User

manage-bde on Windows 10: unlocking and locking

Thanks for the suggestion. I used the SFC Scan and it did find some corrupt files and replaced them; however, this did nothing to fix the issue I discussed. When I "Unlock" a Bitlocker drive with the Unlock menu item in explorer, it unlocks properly with
    my password. When I relock it using: manage-bde.exe -lock L: /fd, it locks it, but I cannot unlock it again until I reboot the system. This sounds like a flaw in manage-bde.exe. Please try it and let me know.

Thanks

LouA_607, Apr 12, 2020
Thema:

1. keep getting locked our of RDS and have to have manager unlock countinuously - Similar Threads - keep getting locked

2. My computer is locked. How do I get it unlocked. I have been blocked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My computer is locked. How do I get it unlocked. I have been blocked: My computer is locked how do I get it unlocked I have been blocked* Changed to a question* Original title: Customer support https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-is-locked-how-do-i-get-it-unlocked-i/8e6c6598-9c1e-4397-bf18-5d7acaeab27c
  3. i have addresses where is the lock icon to unlock the mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have addresses where is the lock icon to unlock the mic: Where is the lock to unlock the microphone? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-addresses-where-is-the-lock-icon-to-unlock/6982f4dc-cd4b-414f-ad16-6ec0f051f2d0
  4. i have addresses where is the lock icon to unlock the mic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i have addresses where is the lock icon to unlock the mic: Where is the lock to unlock the microphone? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-addresses-where-is-the-lock-icon-to-unlock/6982f4dc-cd4b-414f-ad16-6ec0f051f2d0
  5. i have addresses where is the lock icon to unlock the mic

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. I have records in Windows Credential manager that not belong to our organization, is it...

I have records in Windows Credential manager that not belong to our organization, is it...: Hello.I noticed that there were two records on my computer system that I didn't recognize: virtualapp and SSO-POP Device. I have no idea what about these records are, and they don't seem to have anything to do with our organization. I deleted these records, but they keep...
  7. I have records in Windows Credential manager that not belong to our organization, is it...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I have records in Windows Credential manager that not belong to our organization, is it...: Hello.I noticed that there were two records on my computer system that I didn't recognize: virtualapp and SSO-POP Device. I have no idea what about these records are, and they don't seem to have anything to do with our organization. I deleted these records, but they keep...
  8. mouse locks to one application and have to ctrl alt delete to get unlock

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    mouse locks to one application and have to ctrl alt delete to get unlock: mouse locks to one application and have to ctrl alt delete to get unlock after a few minutes, if I am not clicked into anything only my desktop works and I have to ctrl alt delete to get to click anything again, this started a few days ago.right clicking taskbar doesn't work...
  9. mouse locks to one application and have to ctrl alt delete to get unlock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mouse locks to one application and have to ctrl alt delete to get unlock: mouse locks to one application and have to ctrl alt delete to get unlock after a few minutes, if I am not clicked into anything only my desktop works and I have to ctrl alt delete to get to click anything again, this started a few days ago.right clicking taskbar doesn't work...
  10. mouse locks to one application and have to ctrl alt delete to get unlock