Windows 10: Keep getting popup boxes saying XBOX Game Bar is updating, get a popup when trying to use...

Discus and support Keep getting popup boxes saying XBOX Game Bar is updating, get a popup when trying to use... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; And I can't open the microsoft store app either. been this way for a day or two or so. Any ideas when this will be fixed?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Pickles909, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Keep getting popup boxes saying XBOX Game Bar is updating, get a popup when trying to use...

And I can't open the microsoft store app either. been this way for a day or two or so. Any ideas when this will be fixed?

:)

Pickles909, Mar 21, 2020
  2. Smeed Win User
    Smeed, Mar 21, 2020
  3. alanjack8 Win User
    Disabling the Xbox App's Popups

In the activity alert option there are no actual options for disabling the popups; rather, it just lets me view the alerts that have appeared, like invites and more.

I'm starting to think that either the Xbox app is glitched in this respect or that it intentionally does not have an option to disable the popups.

I'm going to try manually disabling "Xbox Live Auth Manager" service to turn off the popups, I'll report if it works soon in this thread.

alanjack8, Mar 21, 2020
  4. Nocturne_ Win User

Keep getting popup boxes saying XBOX Game Bar is updating, get a popup when trying to use...

Turning off Japanese popup suggestions box on Windows 10?

Hello everyone.

I'm encountering a strange feature on Windows 10, using the Microsoft IME Japanese language pack. When playing a computer game, I attempted to input Japanese text. A little suggestions box would popup instead in the top left corner of my screen, with the
    characters I was typing. This would also happen whenever I attempted to use any in-game keybinds (such as WASD to move around); my computer thought I was trying to type Japanese and would bring up the popup box instead. This also happens whenever I type on
    my keyboard outside of when text input is expected, for instance, if I'm just looking at my desktop screen with nothing open. This leads me to believe that the software doesn't "recognize" the game the same way as it does for normal input receptors such as
    internet browsers. How can I turn off this popup box?

Here's a screenshot of the popup box: Inked Screenshot (111) LI — Postimage.org

Nocturne_, Mar 21, 2020
Thema:

Keep getting popup boxes saying XBOX Game Bar is updating, get a popup when trying to use...

1. Keep getting popup boxes saying XBOX Game Bar is updating, get a popup when trying to use... - Similar Threads - Keep getting popup

2. games tab out with a windows popup sound, but i dont get a popup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    games tab out with a windows popup sound, but i dont get a popup: for about a week ive been getting a popup sound the ones you get when windows askes if you want to allow this app to make changes to your device but i dont get a popup. it will act like normal popups do, tabbing out your game, and making the sound agian if you press a key....
  3. games tab out with a windows popup sound, but i dont get a popup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    games tab out with a windows popup sound, but i dont get a popup: for about a week ive been getting a popup sound the ones you get when windows askes if you want to allow this app to make changes to your device but i dont get a popup. it will act like normal popups do, tabbing out your game, and making the sound agian if you press a key....
  4. Getting Rid of Popups

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting Rid of Popups: Why do I get multiple messages such as those enclosed? They pop up again and again after the devices have been disconnected. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-rid-of-popups/48ae6800-2c77-410a-b341-73b9aa140618
  5. Getting Rid of Popups

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting Rid of Popups: Why do I get multiple messages such as those enclosed? They pop up again and again after the devices have been disconnected. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-rid-of-popups/48ae6800-2c77-410a-b341-73b9aa140618
  6. Getting Rid of Popups

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Keep getting random reddit popups in win10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keep getting random reddit popups in win10: Every now and then, I'll get a random reddit popup like this https://imgur.com/a/ZJ6S70M just above my system tray. It doesn't appear to be an action center popup, and it's not coming from chrome, I can't figure out where it's coming from and it's annoying as hell because...
  8. white popup box

in Windows 10 Support
    white popup box: Every time i try to click on to a link i get this whhite popup box that gets in the way of clicking the link.I am using a logiteck m510 mouse and running windows 10 How can i get this box from being in the way or poping up? 165462
  9. Popup boxes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Popup boxes: This has driven me crazy since I've owned computers and no one seems to have an answer. Every time the mouse passes over a link or sometimes even a word, I get a popup box identifying the link or word, sometimes just repeating it. How do I turn this nuisance off? I...
  10. Mom's PC keeps getting Popups

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Mom's PC keeps getting Popups: Hello Keep getting these popups to call Microsoft due to PC infection, i know it's possibly trying to install Ransomware on, told her to ctrl alt, delete and end task, and conducting online scan now with Eset online scan, then Malwarebytes afterwards Real time protection is...