Windows 10: Keep getting "restart to finish setting up devices"

Discus and support Keep getting "restart to finish setting up devices" in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just got a new Surface Book 2 (15 inch, i7, GTX1060). Took quite a while to install all the updates (including 1803), and now I keep getting an alert... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RileyYi, Oct 1, 2018.

1. RileyYi Win User

Keep getting "restart to finish setting up devices"

I just got a new Surface Book 2 (15 inch, i7, GTX1060). Took quite a while to install all the updates (including 1803), and now I keep getting an alert every time I turn on that asks me to restart the computer to finish setting up devices.

The device manager shows the following:

Keep getting "restart to finish setting up devices" 366648c3-d753-4b22-93ce-207d0bc94f7f?upload=true.png

No matter how many times I restart my computer, these notification stays the same.

Interestingly though, I haven't noticed any actual irregularity in using the Surface. The Surface diagnostic tool reports everything is alright. Can I safely ignore these warnings?

:)

RileyYi, Oct 1, 2018
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Oct 1, 2018
  3. How to setup wifi direct settings and connect devices with windows 10 laptop and other mobile phones.

Thanks for getting back, Dee. Since only the mobile devices connected via Wi-Fi Direct following the steps above, then I suggest that you try adding your mobile device on your laptop. Follow these steps:

1. Navigate to Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices.
    2. Click Add Bluetooth or other device.
    3. Under Add a device, select Everything else.
    4. Once your mobile phone appears, select it.
    5. Click Done when finished.

If you have additional questions, or if the issue persists after the troubleshooting steps above, please let me know by replying to this thread. This way, I'll get notified and respond back to you as soon as I can.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 1, 2018
  4. Keep getting "restart to finish setting up devices"

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 1, 2018
Thema:

Keep getting "restart to finish setting up devices"

1. Keep getting "restart to finish setting up devices" - Similar Threads - Keep getting restart

2. your computer needs to restart to finish setting up this device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    your computer needs to restart to finish setting up this device: I've searched the issue on online, none of available solution worked and I just gone ahead and uninstall the latest installed firmware and get rid of...
  3. your computer needs to restart to finish setting up this device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    your computer needs to restart to finish setting up this device: I've searched the issue on online, none of available solution worked and I just gone ahead and uninstall the latest installed firmware and get rid of...
  4. My laptop keeps telling me to restart it to finish setting up device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop keeps telling me to restart it to finish setting up device: I keep on getting a "restart required" notification every time I boot my Lenovo laptop up.The notification says "Your PC needs to be restarted to finish setting up this device. Lenovo System Firmware 1.27.0.0"Also, I ran a windows update troubleshooter and it would say...
  5. My laptop keeps telling me to restart it to finish setting up device

My laptop keeps telling me to restart it to finish setting up device: I keep on getting a "restart required" notification every time I boot my Lenovo laptop up.The notification says "Your PC needs to be restarted to finish setting up this device. Lenovo System Firmware 1.27.0.0"Also, I ran a windows update troubleshooter and it would say...
  6. My laptop keeps telling me to restart it to finish setting up device.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My laptop keeps telling me to restart it to finish setting up device.: I keep on getting "restart required" notification every time I boot my Lenovo laptop up.The notification says "Your PC needs to be restarted to finish setting up this device. Lenovo System Firmware 1.13.0.0"I have tried restarting my laptop but it keeps on showing me that...
  7. My laptop keeps telling me to restart it to finish setting up device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop keeps telling me to restart it to finish setting up device.: I keep on getting "restart required" notification every time I boot my Lenovo laptop up.The notification says "Your PC needs to be restarted to finish setting up this device. Lenovo System Firmware 1.13.0.0"I have tried restarting my laptop but it keeps on showing me that...
  8. My laptop keeps telling me to restart it to finish setting up device.

9. Windows 10 Keeps getting the "You need to restart your PC to finish setting up this device"...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Keeps getting the "You need to restart your PC to finish setting up this device"...: My Sister gets very annoyed. The device mentioned in the notification is Intel Graphics Command Center. It comes on every startup. I restarted she's PC million times, but keeps getting that again and again. So I decided to Uninstall the Graphics Command Center, but it doesn't...
  10. Your PC needs to be restarted to finish setting up this device

in Windows 10 Support
    Your PC needs to be restarted to finish setting up this device: Hello, Tonight I did a Windows Update and somehow something got screwed up. 1. When I start my computer, I get the BIOS cannot be updated message, but it will continue to load to the desktop eventually. 2. Once I get to the desktop, I see the following message: Your pc...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. your pc needs to be restarted to finish setting up devices

2. finish setting up device

3. tabpro s keep saying restart needed to finish setting up device bluetooth

4. win 10 notification pc needs to be restarted to finish setting up devices,
  5. surface pro keeps saying needs to restart to finish setting up,
  6. getting a finish installing device software message,
  7. finish setting up devices,
  8. why does my surface keep saying it needs to restart to finish setting up devices,
  9. surface Pro keeps saying Needs restart to finish setting up devices,
  10. keep getting restart message to finish setting up device,
  11. how to restart pc to finish setting up device