Windows 10: Keep getting "something went wrong" when I try to import photos

Discus and support Keep getting "something went wrong" when I try to import photos in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; The last 4 phones I have had, 3 Android and now an iPhone, have all had the same issues importing photos. The first time I connect it will start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Doug Mullin, May 26, 2023.

1. Keep getting "something went wrong" when I try to import photos

The last 4 phones I have had, 3 Android and now an iPhone, have all had the same issues importing photos. The first time I connect it will start without an issue. Then at some point it stops and throws up a message that "something went wrong" Then I try to start again but it keep saying something went wrong, I close Photo and reconnect my phone. Then for some radon it doesn't see my phone. I keep trying and trying and then when it finally sees my phone and I can start importing, it appears to start, the progress bar appears to grow as if it is importing, but eventually it says "something

:)

Doug Mullin, May 26, 2023
  2. Ruz San Win User

importing photos

Thank you for clearing that out. It looks like you are importing the files using the Photos app. When you import photos using this app, the files get imported into your Pictures library. To view these files, refer to these steps:

• Open File Explorer.
    • On the list of folders on the left side of the window, click on Pictures. You shall see the photos imported from the SD card using the Photos app.

Another option you have is to import the files solely using File Explorer. Here's how you can do it:

• Connect the SD card into the computer.
    • Launch File Explorer.
    • Click on This PC.
    • Locate your SD card under Devices and drives.
    • Double-click on the SD card.
    • Manually choose which photos to move into your local folders. Right-click on each photo and choose
      Copy (Ctrl + C) then go to the destination folder then right-click on an empty space in the window and select
      Paste (Ctrl + V).
    • If you are importing all the photos, you can press Ctrl + A on the keyboard to select all of the files. Copy then Paste them into the destination folder.
    • If you are importing selective photos, hold the Ctrl key while clicking on the photos you want to copy. This will let you choose a number of photos instead of selecting all of them like what Step 7 suggests.

Once you're able to get the hang of the tricks, importing photos will not be a challenge anymore.

Tell us which method works best for you.

We're here if you need more help.

Ruz San, May 26, 2023
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    iPhone photo import failure. "Something went wrong"

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand you get an error “Something went wrong”, when importing Photos from iPhone using Microsoft Photos App.

Adding to GoBYU suggestions, here is some additional information that you may want to check.

Since you are importing 1000’s of photos at a time, this could be the reason you are receiving the error. We would suggest you to importing the photos in batches of 250-300 photos at a time and see if it works for you.

Couple of our users were also able to fix the issue by changing the file permissions for the Pictures folder. We can also try changing file permissions and see if that makes a difference. Please refer to the steps mentioned below:

1. Right click on the Pictures folder and select
      Properties.
    2. Click on Security Tab, click on your username and click on
      Edit.
    3. Select Full Control check box and click on
      OK.

However, if iCloud is enabled on your iOS device, you won’t be able to download your photos or videos. Your images exist on iCloud but not on your device. If you want to open or import these photos or videos to your PC, do so using the iCloud desktop
    app.

For more information, see
    Import photos and videos from phone to PC

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 26, 2023
  4. Arun B J Win User

Keep getting "something went wrong" when I try to import photos

Unable to import photos

Hi Georgio,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• How are you trying to import photos?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    You may follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the issue

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your hardware and devices.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter
    I suggest you to refer the link below and check if it helps

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/import-photos-videos

It applies to Windows 10 also.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you

Arun B J, May 26, 2023
Thema:

Keep getting "something went wrong" when I try to import photos

1. Keep getting "something went wrong" when I try to import photos - Similar Threads - Keep getting something

2. Keep getting "something went wrong" when I try to import photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Keep getting "something went wrong" when I try to import photos: The last 4 phones I have had, 3 Android and now an iPhone, have all had the same issues importing photos. The first time I connect it will start without an issue. Then at some point it stops and throws up a message that "something went wrong" Then I try to start again but it...
  3. Keep getting "something went wrong" when I try to import photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keep getting "something went wrong" when I try to import photos: The last 4 phones I have had, 3 Android and now an iPhone, have all had the same issues importing photos. The first time I connect it will start without an issue. Then at some point it stops and throws up a message that "something went wrong" Then I try to start again but it...
  4. iphone not importing photos - something went wrong message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    iphone not importing photos - something went wrong message: I've plugged my phone iphone SE 2020 into my laptop hp as I usually do to import my photos to Windows Photos but keep getting the 'something went wrong' message. I've clicked try again and unplugged it, locked and re-locked etc to try and get it to work but no joy. After...
  5. iphone not importing photos - something went wrong message

iphone not importing photos - something went wrong message: I've plugged my phone iphone SE 2020 into my laptop hp as I usually do to import my photos to Windows Photos but keep getting the 'something went wrong' message. I've clicked try again and unplugged it, locked and re-locked etc to try and get it to work but no joy. After...
  6. iPhone photo import failure. "Something went wrong"

iPhone photo import failure. "Something went wrong": I have followed ALL the help advice I could find, but Windows Photos just fails every time, to import specific Photos and Movie clips into Windows10 from my iPhone SE. I am sick of this and seriously thinking of buying a Mac instead. Clearly Microsoft has no interest in...
  7. Photo Import Error 'Something Went Wrong' - Try Again or Close.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photo Import Error 'Something Went Wrong' - Try Again or Close.: I have problem import the photos from iphone XR. Although I plug in with usb cable and window pops up about what will you do with this iphone, I choose import photo. It says 'Photo Import Error 'Something Went Wrong' - Try Again or Close." I have tried many times and changed...
  8. iPhone photo import failure. "Something went wrong"

iPhone photo import failure. "Something went wrong": On several iPhones I have, I am trying to import 1000's of pictures into Microsoft Photos. I get the "Something went wrong" error. The solution is to unselect the pictures it doesn't like and then the import works fine. How do I determine which one(s) to unselect? Is there a...
  9. 'Something went wrong' Importing from Iphone

'Something went wrong' Importing from Iphone: I have previously imported photos from my phone with no issue, and decided it was about time that that I imported some again. Last night I connected my phone, opened the photos app and began to import the images. I left it to do it's thing and I returned to this message. The...
  10. keeps saying "something went wrong" while importing Photos from phone

in Windows 10 Support
    keeps saying "something went wrong" while importing Photos from phone: been using different cables, have resarted my pc and phone but every time it will say something went wrong. How do I fix?? 126382