Windows 10: Keep getting weird authentication error when launching Xbox app. Can anyone please help?

Discus and support Keep getting weird authentication error when launching Xbox app. Can anyone please help? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hey all I'm trying to launch the Xbox app and when I attempt to sign in. I get a message saying user interaction is required for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Usman2308, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Keep getting weird authentication error when launching Xbox app. Can anyone please help?

/u/Usman2308, Dec 6, 2019
  2. Cheri F Win User

Xbox app closes on launch

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately...

• Has any new software or hardware been added recently? No.
    • Did you also change any settings prior to this issue? No.
    • Is there any error message? None.
    • For the Xbox app issue, have you also tried the suggestions posted by Syed Md Bilal in this thread?
      Quite a few people found it helpful. - I did try this (for the Xbox and Photos app) and it made absolutely no difference.
    I'd appreciate any additional suggestions. I'm still unable to use either the Xbox or Photos app. I'd really like to use them.

Cheri F, Dec 6, 2019
  3. Xbox app closes on launch

Hi Cheri,

To understand the issue better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Has any new software or hardware been added recently?
    • Did you also change any settings prior to this issue?
    • Is there any error message?
    • For the Xbox app issue, have you also tried the suggestions posted by Syed Md Bilal in this
      thread? Quite a few people found it helpful.

Looking forward to your reply.

Michelle Vil, Dec 6, 2019
  4. Keep getting weird authentication error when launching Xbox app. Can anyone please help?

Xbox App Error code 0x80048504?

Hi Andyy,

If you received this error code 0x80048504, there could be an issue with the Xbox live server, your network connection, or with the account itself. For us to resolve your concern, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows Apps

Please click this link. This process will check and resolve common issues with the apps on your PC.

Step 2: Reset the Windows Store to clear the Store cache.

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard.   
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin). 
    • Type wsreset.exe and then hit Enter. 

Step 3: Uninstall and reinstall the Xbox App to update it.

• Click Start and type Windows PowerShell on the search box.
    • Right-click and then select Run as administrator.
    • Type the following command to uninstall Xbox app: Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage.
    • Hit Enter. 
    • Launch Windows Store and download the Xbox App.  

Let us know how it goes after performing the aforementioned solutions. We'd be glad to further assist you.

Acelyn Alc, Dec 6, 2019
Thema:

Keep getting weird authentication error when launching Xbox app. Can anyone please help?

1. Keep getting weird authentication error when launching Xbox app. Can anyone please help? - Similar Threads - Keep getting weird

2. Crackling Audio Issues Encountered When Launching Games From Xbox App On PC, can anyone help?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crackling Audio Issues Encountered When Launching Games From Xbox App On PC, can anyone help?: Crackling Audio Issues: Okay, so here’s some context. I use a Razer Nari Ultimate headset usually connected in Bluetooth. When I launch any Microsoft associated games from the xbox store on my PC the audio is distorted and crackling. The workaround is that I plug my headset...
  3. Crackling Audio Issues Encountered When Launching Games From Xbox App On PC, can anyone help?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Crackling Audio Issues Encountered When Launching Games From Xbox App On PC, can anyone help?: Crackling Audio Issues: Okay, so here’s some context. I use a Razer Nari Ultimate headset usually connected in Bluetooth. When I launch any Microsoft associated games from the xbox store on my PC the audio is distorted and crackling. The workaround is that I plug my headset...
  4. Xbox App error when trying to launch an app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Xbox App error when trying to launch an app: Whenever I try to launch my game it says: The application was unable to start correctly 0xlx. And I'm clueless I've tried everything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-app-error-when-trying-to-launch-an-app/651f3ef1-41ce-4d8a-a141-ae3cd8dc743a
  5. Xbox App error when trying to launch an app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox App error when trying to launch an app: Whenever I try to launch my game it says: The application was unable to start correctly 0xlx. And I'm clueless I've tried everything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-app-error-when-trying-to-launch-an-app/651f3ef1-41ce-4d8a-a141-ae3cd8dc743a
  6. Xbox App error when trying to launch an app

7. I keep getting this weird notification sound on my PC can anyone help?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I keep getting this weird notification sound on my PC can anyone help?: Hi All,Need help on a certain notification sound on my PC. I didn't install any programs before it happened. I looked up all other tips and guides and yet still to no avail.List of guides that I did.Muted all windows notificationsDid Sfc /scannowDownloaded process monitor yet...
  8. I keep getting this weird notification sound on my PC can anyone help?

I keep getting this weird notification sound on my PC can anyone help?: Hi All,Need help on a certain notification sound on my PC. I didn't install any programs before it happened. I looked up all other tips and guides and yet still to no avail.List of guides that I did.Muted all windows notificationsDid Sfc /scannowDownloaded process monitor yet...
  9. I keep getting this weird notification sound on my PC can anyone help?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Can anyone please help me change this weird usb icon?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can anyone please help me change this weird usb icon?: My usb 3.1 drive icon ended up like a cpu like icon after i created it as bootable image from Ubuntu usb starter. When i came back to windows the icon was like this. It's working fine. I tried formatting also but no use. Can anyone help me how to get rid of this ugly icon..?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox app user interaction is required