Windows 10: Keep hearing random mouse clicking sounds. Possible virus?

Discus and support Keep hearing random mouse clicking sounds. Possible virus? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I keep hearing random mouse clicking sounds on my computer. Even when no application is open or my pc is muted. A few times a minute I'll hear... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Campbell0505, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Keep hearing random mouse clicking sounds. Possible virus?

Hi,

I keep hearing random mouse clicking sounds on my computer. Even when no application is open or my pc is muted. A few times a minute I'll hear mouse clicking sounds. I used AVG anti-virus to check and nothing came up. As of writing this, I am downloading malwarebytes as I write this. It mainly happens when I'm typing but as happens when I am not typing. At first I though I was going insane, but the more I listened to it the more I could hear it. I don't think its something in the hardware shaking. Is it a virus? Help would be appreciated.

Thanks

:)

Campbell0505, Sep 24, 2018

2. sound

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description I understand that you are unable to hear the email notification sound.

I suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps:

• Go to Control Panel Items

• Click on Sound.

• Click on Sounds Tab.

• Click on Desktop Mail Notification.

• Click TEST.

• Click OK.
    And check if you are able to hear the email notification sound.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Sep 24, 2018
  3. Random left clicking

Hello,

The issue that you’ve encountered regarding the functionality of the mouse device on your
    Windows 10 computer may be caused by some files or components that are broken or missing on the system. To sort out your concern, we suggest that you run the
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter from the Control Panel. This process will scan and correct if there’s a possible cause of the issue. To do this, you may follow the steps below:

• Click Start, type Control Panel, and then press
      Enter.
    • On the Control Panel search box, type Troubleshooting and select it from the search results.
    • Choose Hardware and Sound > Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
    • After completing the given steps, you may check if you're able to use your computer properly.

Keep us updated about your concern for additional assistance.

Joseph Ban, Sep 24, 2018
  4. Keep hearing random mouse clicking sounds. Possible virus?

How to enable mouse and keyboard click sound?

Hi,

From the above description, I understand you want to enable sound for mouse and keyboard strokes on the computer.
    Please reply, do you want to enable sound for mouse clicks and all keyboard keys?

Currently there is no option to enable sound for all keyboard keys and mouse clicks in Windows 10. However, you will be able to enable sound option for three keys on keyboard i.e.
    Num Lock, Scroll Lock and Caps Lock.

To enable sound for the above mentioned keyboard keys, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + I keys on the keyboard to open
      Settings window.
    • Select Ease of Access and click on
      Keyboard from left side panel of the window.
    • Under Toggle keys on right side panel turn on
      Hear a tone when you press Caps Lock, Num Lock, and Scroll Lock option.
    • Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

I suggest you to post feedback on the above requirement using
    Feedback App. You can also input some of the ideas on enhancements, additions and requirements to be made to the operating system using
    Feedback app. We will make sure the feedback given by you will be considered and worked on.

Refer to the link below on Give us feedback to write a feedback on the requirement you are looking for in Windows 10:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preview-updates-feedback-pc

Write to us for further assistance on any Windows related query, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Sep 24, 2018
Thema:

Keep hearing random mouse clicking sounds. Possible virus?

1. Keep hearing random mouse clicking sounds. Possible virus? - Similar Threads - Keep hearing random

2. Sound issue and possible ? virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound issue and possible ? virus: Recently, and I mean over the last week or so, I noticed that my sound was extremely quiet even when it was at 100. I updated the drivers, did everything I could, but installing an equaliser helped out massively, so I considered the situation done. However, today, one day...
  3. Sound issue and possible ? virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound issue and possible ? virus: Recently, and I mean over the last week or so, I noticed that my sound was extremely quiet even when it was at 100. I updated the drivers, did everything I could, but installing an equaliser helped out massively, so I considered the situation done. However, today, one day...
  4. Sound issue and possible ? virus

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Possible virus, google randomly opening.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Possible virus, google randomly opening.: Hello, last night I downloaded something but I downloaded the wrong file. I now think I have a virus and am looking to see how to fix it. I couldn't find a single thing on the internet about it. Every few minutes, the Run app quickly opens and it goes to...
  6. MOUSE CLICK SOUND

MOUSE CLICK SOUND: In Windows 10 there is limited feature to enabling the mouse click sound but Windows 7 allowed to mouse sound for every click https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-click-sound/dd8f6ef0-7467-41fe-a6c2-52a69c76cb5e
  7. restore mouse click sounds

restore mouse click sounds: I've lost my mouse click sounds. On the Sounds settings setup, no input device is listed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-mouse-click-sounds/e10ade3c-56f5-4441-8d29-654c7a3c35f9
  8. Mouse clicks randomly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse clicks randomly: Last night and currently, my wireless mouse has been randomly clicking. It only really happens in Chrome. Tested with edge and a few games as well as desktop. Nothing seems to happen. But when I use chrome it just clicks randomly. I tried checking for viruses using defender...
  9. Enable Mouse Click sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Enable Mouse Click sound: If you want to enable mouse click sound on every click, then you shoulc check this video ones. So, what are you waiting for? Go and check it out: https://youtu.be/Z4a1OtkHezo...
  10. mouse keeps randomly right clicking

mouse keeps randomly right clicking: so i bought a new computer and i noticed when i am online my right mouse will click on it's own and the right menu will show. this has never happened before with any other computer or mouse i have owned. i bought the same type of computer i had a few weeks ago and that mouse...