Windows 10: keep losing hotmail email - 'server not found'

Discus and support keep losing hotmail email - 'server not found' in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; For the past few weeks I've constantly been losing access to my hotmail email account through my laptop. I've tried via both Mozilla and Chrome but get... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by ajaye, Aug 16, 2021.

1. ajaye Win User

keep losing hotmail email - 'server not found'

For the past few weeks I've constantly been losing access to my hotmail email account through my laptop. I've tried via both Mozilla and Chrome but get the 'hmm, we're having trouble finding that site' message. If I turn my internet modem off and on I can then get access but only for a day or two, when I will lose it all over again. I can get everywhere else on the internet without a problem. Just checked with my phone (through my wifi--I don't get mobile reception where I live) and that brings up emails but only up to 2 days ago, which is the last time I had access via my laptop. I am using Windows 10 Home, Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041 Any help much appreciated.

:)

ajaye, Aug 16, 2021
  2. jekiboi20 Win User

Nokia Lumia 610 Hotmail Synchronizing

Try these steps:

Resync your Hotmail/Live account.

• Go to Settings.
    • Tap Email+Accounts.
    • Tap and hold your Live/Hotmail account.
    • Select Sync.
    If it doesn't work, reset your password on this link http://account.live.com then perform these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Tap Email+Accounts.
    • Tap your Live/Hotmail account.
    • Then mark off the option of mail synchronization.
    • Reboot your phone and then activate the email sync again.
    If the above steps will not work, clear your history by doing these steps:

• Open Internet Explorer (on phone)
    • Tap (...) then go to Settings.
    • Select Clear History.
    Also, check that your server is "m.hotmail.com"

jekiboi20, Aug 16, 2021
  3. kirksnap Win User
    Hotmail no longer sync to server!

Hi ekstamC,

Delete the Hotmail account set up on the phone and then try to manually configure the settings upon setting up using the details below:

• Hotmail Incoming Mail Server (POP3) - pop3.live.com (logon using Secure Password Authentification - SPA, mail server port: 995)
    • Hotmail Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) - smtp.live.com (TLS enabled, port 587)

kirksnap, Aug 16, 2021
  4. keep losing hotmail email - 'server not found'

Forum users with Hotmail/Outlook/Exchange account

The two-step verification emails show up in my inbox but I added a rule to mark the domain name safe a long time ago (verified that "techpowerup.com" is still in the safe sender list).

FordGT90Concept, Aug 16, 2021
Thema:

keep losing hotmail email - 'server not found'

1. keep losing hotmail email - 'server not found' - Similar Threads - keep losing hotmail

2. Deleted Hotmail Account - Admin Hotmail, Email Stuck

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted Hotmail Account - Admin Hotmail, Email Stuck: I deleted my hotmail account and created a new outlook.com account. I was getting hundreds of spam emails a day so I deleted it. Went to users, and deleted the old hotmail account information but its still somehow linked/attached to my user account. I cant get it to fully...
  3. Concerning Hotmail emails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Concerning Hotmail emails: Hello,Hope you can help me; I have not received emails from my friend since October 1st, apparently, they are not reaching me.His email is "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***" is there a problem withHotmail or Yahoo. I did not block his email.I do receive his email...
  4. Concerning Hotmail emails

Concerning Hotmail emails: Hello,Hope you can help me; I have not received emails from my friend since October 1st, apparently, they are not reaching me.His email is "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***" is there a problem withHotmail or Yahoo. I did not block his email.I do receive his email...
  5. Concerning Hotmail emails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Hotmail emails will not send

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hotmail emails will not send: I set up a new PC running Windows 10 and now emails from hotmail will not send? I have two different hotmail accounts and they won't send. They receive just fine. My Gmail account does work to send. What could be wrong with hotmail/outlook?...
  7. Hotmail. emails

Hotmail. emails: Ls. Ihave two email adresses , hotmail.com, in mail from windows. These are synchronised with other mail adresses. These two email adresses are getiing a warning sign regular and if I put the password in the system it will not help. I also do noetb receive email on these...
  8. "Server Not found"

"Server Not found": Someone please help me! I am trying to access websites such as facebook, and instagram but cannot enter them because a warning pops up that displays server ip address not found....
  9. scan to email setup failed with hotmail server

scan to email setup failed with hotmail server: I need to setup scan to email scanning on Canon MF628cW all-in-one printer using hotmail server. Based on instructions in manual and YouTube videos, I tried the following setting combinations. SMTP server: smtp-mail.outlook.com or smtp.live.com E-mail Address: (my hotmail...
  10. Server Not Found

Server Not Found: I just changed the NS on a domain and installed it in a hosting account. There are 38 other sites hosted on this account and all of the sites work just fine. When I tried to log into the site, I get Server Not Found. I tried 4 different browsers on this PC and...