Windows 10: Keep losing internet connection

Discus and support Keep losing internet connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am trying to figure out if I have a problem or is the fact that I keep losing my internet connection related to how busy the internet is currently.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LKFisher, Apr 21, 2020.

1. LKFisher Win User

Keep losing internet connection

I am trying to figure out if I have a problem or is the fact that I keep losing my internet connection related to how busy the internet is currently.

I recently replaced my modem/router with a Linksys CG7500. Everything appears to be set up correctly. For whatever reason, I can get on my computer and it will show that I have no internet connection. I am hooked up via an ethernet cable, but also have WiFi capabilities. The lack of internet connection occasionally spills over to my phone and some of my TV's that I am streaming to thru Roku. Mostly, it is just my computer.

Is it possible that I have a setting messed up? I have gone out to the Command Prompt and typed in ipconfig, obtained the Default Gateway address. Per Microsoft Windows support, I then typed at the Command Prompt ping along with my default gateway address, the results appeared to be normal.

I have also tested my internet speed, which appears to be normal when it is working.

So now where do I look? Or is this all due to the inordinate amount of usage occurring since everyone is having to stay home and thus using the internet so much.

I would appreciate any feedback/guidance.

L. Fisher

:)

LKFisher, Apr 21, 2020

2. losing internet connection

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Please let us know if you receive any error code or error message.

Try the following methods and check if it helps:

Method 1: Run the Internet Connections troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Internet Connections.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2:

I suggest you to update the Network adapters driver from the Device Manager.

Follow the below steps:

1. Right click on Start button and click on
    Device Manager.

2. Expand the
    Network adapters driver from the list.

3. Right click on the driver and click on
    Update driver Software.

I suggest you refer the help article below as well.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/fix-network-connection-issues

Hope this helps. Get back to us for any further queries on losing Internet connection. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Apr 21, 2020
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Losing internet connection intermittently only on laptop

Hi Lindamartin,

For us to know the reason why your laptop is losing internet connection intermittently and how to fix it, we would like to know more information:

• Have you tried updating your drivers?
    • Did you receive any error messages?

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below and check if it will solve the issue:

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Internet Connections.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2:

We suggest you to update the Network adapters driver from the Device Manager.

Follow the below steps:

1. Right click on Start button and click on
    Device Manager.

2. Expand the
    Network adapters driver from the list.

3. Right click on the driver and click on
    Update driver Software.

Post us back with the result.

Remon Ont, Apr 21, 2020
  4. AndreTen Win User

Randomly losing internet connection on a wifi network

Is that ipv4 pool for DHCP? I usually set fixed IP addresses outside dynamic pool (so above .64 in your case)

Other solutions: like Superfly suggested, new wifi adapter (USB solutions in your case), and found one old HP thread... uninstalling HP hotkeys worked for someone - looks like app was messing with physical key...)

AndreTen, Apr 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Keep losing internet connection - Similar Threads - Keep losing internet

2. Keep losing internet connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep losing internet connection: I have an Asus TUF laptop running Windows 11 version 23H2 OS Build 22631.3235. For the past few weeks it’s been losing the internet connection, and I have to restart to get back online. It was happening once every day, and is now getting more frequent. Can someone tell me the...
  3. Keep losing internet connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keep losing internet connection: I have an Asus TUF laptop running Windows 11 version 23H2 OS Build 22631.3235. For the past few weeks it’s been losing the internet connection, and I have to restart to get back online. It was happening once every day, and is now getting more frequent. Can someone tell me the...
  4. My laptop keeps losing internet connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop keeps losing internet connection: Every day or two, I lose my internet connectivity only on my laptop. All of my other devices are connected, no problem. This is a new problem. Is there a general problem out there, or is there something I should be fixing. I've rebooted my modem and sometimes it works and...
  5. My laptop keeps losing internet connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop keeps losing internet connection: Every day or two, I lose my internet connectivity only on my laptop. All of my other devices are connected, no problem. This is a new problem. Is there a general problem out there, or is there something I should be fixing. I've rebooted my modem and sometimes it works and...
  6. My laptop keeps losing internet connection

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. I keep losing my internet connection

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I keep losing my internet connection: Hi! Asking for your help on how to avoid this from happening again. I always get disconnected to my wifi every 5 minutes so I have to troubleshoot to fix it every time. It always says problem with wireless adapter or access point. I am using an ASUS laptop on windows 10....
  8. losing internet connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    losing internet connection: i made a post about my hp envy 360 losing connection to the internet after a recent update. was told to re set network adapter, that worked for a while, issue is back again. re setting adapter doesnt work. yet im making this post on my surface and dont lose connection, along...
  9. PC keeps losing internet connection

PC keeps losing internet connection: Machine is Lenovo all in one, every morning when I start using the pc there is no internet connection even though router shows internet service is normal and my internet phone works well. "Allow computer to turn off this device..." is unchecked. I have to click the internet...
  10. Internet connection lose

Internet connection lose: My PC won't stay connected to the internet? I checked all connections and everything is connected properly and my TV isn't having any problems with internet connection. Please advise because I'm not computer smart....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 keeps dropping internet