Windows 10: keep losing printer connection; i.e offline

Discus and support keep losing printer connection; i.e offline in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My printer keeps going off-line and I cannot print. Using Windows 10; any suggestions? Thank you,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Teacher 422, Sep 2, 2019.

1. keep losing printer connection; i.e offline

My printer keeps going off-line and I cannot print. Using Windows 10; any suggestions?

Thank you,

:)

Teacher 422, Sep 2, 2019
  2. Jacko28er Win User

Networked Printer showing "Offline"

Hey guys,

I'm having a slight issue with one of my printers in that it's showing offline and I can't print to it.

It's a Datamax label printer which is connected to my network via a Netgear print server, this has then be added to one of my servers for sharing etc.

So far I've tried the below.

- Classic on/off.
    - Removing from server and re-adding.
    - Ensuring that under port configuration SNMP Status is disabled.
    - Assigning to different IP.
    - Restarting Print Spooler.

I can ping it fine and the printer itself is letting me do manual test prints using its interface, but no matter what I cannot get it to stop showing up as offline and allowing me to print to it over the network. I should add that it's worked fine for the past year.

Any suggestions?

Jacko28er, Sep 2, 2019
  3. RoboX Win User
    Wi-fi printer goes Offline

I have an Epson SX420W wifi connected to a router Belkin 54g. The network consists of a desktop PC and a notebook with Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit, and a notebook with windows 7, all connected wirelessly to the router and all with the latest epson drivers installed. The printer connects to the router is successful, as well as the network test from the panel of the printer. Installing the printer on the various devices was successful, as well as various proofs. The problem is that sometimes the printer is detected by the devices on the network like "offline", even though it is turned on, properly connected, as the test outcome. What happens for no apparent reason, in some cases it works perfectly while in others it is offline.
    Do you know what can depend on and how to fix?

RoboX, Sep 2, 2019
  4. keep losing printer connection; i.e offline

Windows 10 + printer connection

Hi Debbie,

The printer offline status is your printer’s way of telling you that something is wrong with the communication between your computer and your printer, so one of the first things to check is your printer’s connection with your PC. Here are a couple of things
    you can try:

• Power off, and then power on your printer to restart it. Wait for a while for it to be fully ready.
    • Check your printer connection. Check your printer and make sure that it’s connected to your PC network.

Aside from the above steps, I also suggest that you go through this list of suggestions to fix printer connection
    in Windows 10.

Please respond to this thread to let me know how the issue progresses. Similarly, if you have more questions, please inform me by replying to this post.

Aileen Alf, Sep 2, 2019
Thema:

keep losing printer connection; i.e offline

1. keep losing printer connection; i.e offline - Similar Threads - keep losing printer

2. Printer keeps going offline

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer keeps going offline: i have 2 Brother printers on a wireless connection that keep going offline. To get them back on, I unplug & replug them. For one of them, I have to do that two or three times to get it working again. I uninstalled & reinstalled the driver a couple of times already & my router...
  3. I keep losing connection.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I keep losing connection.: when playing Red Dead Redemption 2 online is the worse. I have spent weeks trying every suggestion they make. This started happening just after an upgrade to faster optic internet. Same provider. Also noted that when playing Sodoku in Facebook, I will get a steady...
  4. I keep losing connection.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I keep losing connection.: when playing Red Dead Redemption 2 online is the worse. I have spent weeks trying every suggestion they make. This started happening just after an upgrade to faster optic internet. Same provider. Also noted that when playing Sodoku in Facebook, I will get a steady...
  5. I keep losing connection.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Printers keep going offline

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printers keep going offline: I have two printers connected to my wi-fi network via a router/modem all in one. They KEEP going offline & I don't know why. When it happens, I either run the built-in Windows troubleshooter or I go and unplug the printer, plug it back up and then it is fine -- the latter...
  7. Printers keep going offline

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printers keep going offline: I have two printers connected to my wi-fi network via a router/modem all in one. They KEEP going offline & I don't know why. When it happens, I either run the built-in Windows troubleshooter or I go and unplug the printer, plug it back up and then it is fine -- the latter...
  8. Printers keep going offline

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Printers Keep Going Offline

Printers Keep Going Offline: We're having issues with our printers keep going offline & we're unable to print. This is happening with both of our wireless printers (Brother MFC6930DW & HP T120) indicating this is a problem with Windows 10 Professional & not the printers. If we delete the printers & add...
  10. printer keeps going offline

printer keeps going offline: My printer Epson XP 446-- keeps going offline and now it says "not connected" in the devices-printers and scanners page. The printer. is set as default, Microsoft is not managing it, "use printer offline" is not checked. I have Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10. All updates...