Windows 10: Keep Multiple Monitor Display Arrangement?

Discus and support Keep Multiple Monitor Display Arrangement? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, Have a challenging one here. I have 2 NVIDIA 1080's with 8 monitors currently plugged invisual arrangement below used for business. Even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by IWasteI, Apr 13, 2021.

1. IWasteI Win User

Keep Multiple Monitor Display Arrangement?

Hi all,

Have a challenging one here. I have 2 NVIDIA 1080's with 8 monitors currently plugged invisual arrangement below used for business. Even through there are 10 ports on the back of the cards combined, it appears I can only run 8. On occasion, I want to game on 1 gaming monitornot included in those 8, in SLI, and that requires that I unplug at least one of the 8, and that screws up the display layout when I go back to work. So my question is, can I save this attached display layout, so I don't have to configure the layout EVERYTIME I unplug the gaming monitor?

Thanks for any help!

Paul

Keep Multiple Monitor Display Arrangement? 59a10276-1682-4a49-ae92-33fe22bc17ba?upload=true.png

:)

IWasteI, Apr 13, 2021

2. Multiple display resizing

Hi,

Thank you posting on Microsoft Community.

We understand that you are facing an issue with the extending the display on multiple desktops.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?
    • Are you using multiple monitors to extend the display or using the multiple desktop screens on a single monitor?
    I would suggest you some steps which you can try resolving this issue.

Follow these steps to update graphics drivers.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.

• Search for Display Adapters and expand it.

• Right click on the graphics driver and select Update driver software.
    Uninstall and Reinstall the graphics card drivers and check.

Refer:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki/insider_wintp-insider_devices/how-to-install-and-update-drivers-in-windows-10/a97bbbd1-9973-4d66-9a5b-291300006293

Note: If you are using the multiple monitors to extend the display then please make sure the resolution of both the monitors are set equally same so that there is no issues with the size or any program or an app.

Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin V Rao, Apr 13, 2021
  3. Multiple display taskbar

Hi Justin,

Let me guide you now on how to set up multiple displays on a Windows 10 computer. You may follow the steps below to configure the correct display settings for your device.

Here are the steps:

• Right-click on your desktop.
    • Select Display settings, then different options will be displayed.
    • You can either choose Duplicate these displays to sync your activities from the original monitor with the second one or
      Extend these displays to be able to do multiple activities using separate displays.
    • After choosing your preferred option, click on Apply.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Engelsen Fad, Apr 13, 2021
  4. Keep Multiple Monitor Display Arrangement?

Windows 10 Multiple Display NOT Working

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to update the display drivers and then try to set up multiple monitors.

I suggest you to update the Graphics card drivers and check if it helps:

• Click on 'Start' and type 'Device Manager' in the start search box and press enter.
    • Click on the “Display adapters” to expand the list.
    • Right-click on drivers and update it.
    • If there are no update available, then go ahead and reinstall the driver by clicking on 'Uninstall'.
    • Restart the PC
    Connect a second monitor or projector

Windows help & learning - Microsoft Support

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Apr 13, 2021
Thema:

Keep Multiple Monitor Display Arrangement?

1. Keep Multiple Monitor Display Arrangement? - Similar Threads - Keep Multiple Monitor

2. Multiple monitors wallpaper keeps resetting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple monitors wallpaper keeps resetting: I'm running Windows 11 and I have a laptop hooked up to 3 monitors. On each monitor I have different wallpapers but every time I restart or unplug the laptop from the docking station and plug it back it, the wallpapers reset to 1 wallpaper for all three monitors and I have to...
  3. Multiple displays - after update, Monitor One and Two keep switching. Rearranging Displays...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple displays - after update, Monitor One and Two keep switching. Rearranging Displays...: Updated a few weeks ago and Display one main screen was on my right monitor. It's usually on the left. I went into settings and dragged Monitor One icon from the right back to the left. The displays looked fine, but the mouse wouldn't go from the left monitor to the right....
  4. Display settings not saving with multiple monitors

Display settings not saving with multiple monitors: Hi, I have 3 monitors 1. 144hz 1080p monitor my main display 2. 1080p monitor 3. 4k 55" TV as third monitor Every other time I reboot, my display settings reset. I have the resolution on the first 2 monitors set to 1080p, and the third monitor set to 4k native....
  5. Display scaling issue with multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Display scaling issue with multiple monitors: I'm using my Thinkpad x260 at 125% scaling, and have an external monitor at 100% scaling (both are FHD monitors). If I set the external monitor as the main display, all Windows notifications pop up at the 125% scaling on the external monitor, and are weirdly cut off (not just...
  6. Windows 10 Display arrangement

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Display arrangement: I have always had a difficult time arranging multiple displays. For instance, if I have two 4k monitors both with the same 4k resolution but one is 40" the other 32". They are obviously not the same size but In WIndows, the rearrange your displays widget shows the monitors...
  7. Saving Display Settings For Multiple Monitors

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Saving Display Settings For Multiple Monitors: All, Didn't really see a copy for this question in the forums when I searched, but if I missed it my apologies. Okay my issue: I have a Surface Book 2 that I frequently will pair with my monitor through the use of a Microsoft Surface Dock. My issue is that I will go to...
  8. Multiple monitor/display setup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple monitor/display setup: I can't find where to set up multiple monitors and how they display/interact? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/multiple-monitordisplay-setup/d41db74d-36a0-49ae-9d6d-8b0f18810509
  9. Display Arrangement Persistence

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display Arrangement Persistence: Where is the arrangement, scale, and layout of multi-display configurations persisted and what (Windows, device driver, etc.) is responsible for saving and restoring it? I have a Dell Precision 5510 laptop that has Intel HD Graphics P630 and NVIDIA Quadro M1200 graphics...
  10. Multiple monitor wallpaper keeps switching

Multiple monitor wallpaper keeps switching: I have 2 monitors in extended desktop mode and each one has a different wallpaper. I saved them as a theme but after a little while, they seem to switch witch screen they are on (monitor 1's wallpaper goes to monitor 2 and monitor 2's wallpaper goes to monitor 1). If I go...